Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72475 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #990 on: October 09, 2010, 07:27:22 pm »

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 6

You look around for artillery and find a high ROF explosive barrel launcher.

Frelock: 3

You make a missile that constantly jumps around randomly after it is fired. This makes it highly resistant to anti-missile missiles and the like.

TEXT:

Klaxons begin sounding.
"WARNING! Enemy approaching! Coming into firing range in thirty seconds! All personnel evacuate immediately!"
"19/20 TIEMs launched! All personnel report to TIEMs!"
"18/20 TIEMs launched! All personnel report to TIEMs!"

Jameson: "RUN!"

"Twenty five seconds!"

Everyone loads into a TIEM.

"Fifteen seconds! 2/20 TIEMS launched!"

The TIEMS launch.

"Five seconds!"

The TIEMs begin teleporting away. The extremely rapid repeated teleportations are extremely disorienting.

*BOOMPFEWWWSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

The laser nuke fires, instantly vaporizing the mobile base's chassis. A massive visible shockwave of air pressure and radiation emanates from the center of the blast, which is brighter than the sun.

MEANWHILE...
In another universe, on a planet quite extremely far away...

LS-01: (watching screen) "..."
Cmndr. Dalva: "Uhh..."
01 uttered a curse word strong enough to give Commander Dalva a mild headache.
01: "The AI was on that ship?"
Dalva: "Yes sir..."
01: "Hmm. If it were any normal computer I'd say he was dead... but mister 'Slick' is not your average AI. Doesn't matter though, they've been separated from him."
Dalva: "Uhh..."
01: "I'm monolouging. It's a very common literary... Never mind. That AI was the only thing protecting them. I doubt they'll last long if... HE can attack them directly. I will have to go in."

BACK IN NETLAND...

Your TIEM lands in the middle of a strange desert...
Computer: "Energy supply depleted. Current location: Teufort."
The hatch opens silently. Standing outside the hatch is a man wearing a yellow hardhat and a rubber apron, curiously peering inside. He looks surprised.

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Wolfchild is a blend between the TF1 enigneer and the TF2 engineer. The idea is that he's just retired from working for RED/BLU (to be replaced by Dell Conhager) and they let him keep some of his stuff.

EDIT:

Also, Dragnar must do something that will cause him to hallucinate, because I have an awesome joke.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:18:14 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 09, 2010, 08:40:34 pm »

Also, Dragnar must do something that will cause him to hallucinate, because I have an awesome joke.
Fine. According to my status I still have those floppies...

I try to decode the floppy disks one more time.

The only real problem with this RTD(and probably the reason people are going inactive) is that we have almost no control over anything that happens. We are sorta useless in the face of weapons on both sides that go "Haha, you're dead. No you don't get to dodge, no you can't stop it from firing."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 09, 2010, 08:44:53 pm »

The only real problem with this RTD(and probably the reason people are going inactive) is that we have almost no control over anything that happens. We are sorta useless in the face of weapons on both sides that go "Haha, you're dead. No you don't get to dodge, no you can't stop it from firing."

Actually, you could have stopped it. But you didn't get the hint in time.

EDIT:

And that was a major... uhh... thingy too. Like, things would be very different if you had.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 09, 2010, 08:47:11 pm »

It's an RTD. There shouldn't be just one solution to any given problem. Besides, I didn't mean just no. We haven't really done much ever since TOAST's tech showed up. First NUKM, then the jefferson, now mercs that can kill anything in one shot.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 09, 2010, 08:51:26 pm »

It's an RTD. There shouldn't be just one solution to any given problem. Besides, I didn't mean just no. We haven't really done much ever since TOAST's tech showed up. First NUKM, then the jefferson, now mercs that can kill anything in one shot.

And they're all gone now.

Anyway, things SHOULD get more challenging soon.
If only I could think of decent puzzles.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 10, 2010, 08:53:05 pm »

Greet the person who's peering in.

No reason to be uncivil.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #996 on: October 10, 2010, 10:06:19 pm »

A good balance of fighting, puzzles, and opportunity for self-improvement is key to a good RTD of this type. Actually, just about any RPG that supports character development. Look at FPSs and MMOs. HL2? You get weapons as you progress, have a balance of puzzles and fighting, and sometimes get an opportunity to just step back and enjoy the scenery. TF2 is rather focused, but it has the distinction of the more serious and less serious rounds and matches. If you take time during the less serious matches to try some new strategy, even if it fails it isn't the end of your team's chances of winning a tournament, and if it succeeds, you may have gained a competitive edge for the next serious game if you can use the strategy to your advantage.

The question, is whether or not this RTD has the right balance. At the very least it has a good balance already, but can it improve?

Action: Adjust scriptgun to work with remote viewing implant to enable remote script usage.
Eh?
Eh!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:38 am »

I coded slick up once before, so I'll do so again, this time using the TIEM's computers.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:08 am »

I coded slick up once before, so I'll do so again, this time using the TIEM's computers.

I don't suppose you read that conversation that Dragnar overheard?

EDIT:

Also, I think next world (after TF2) is going to be Star Trek. Just so I can have Tehstefan say "Tehstefis of Borg."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:50:27 am by Schilcote »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2010, 03:59:17 am »

Dragnar:I try to decode the floppy disks one more time.
Tehstefan: Greet the person who's peering in.
Frelock: I coded slick up once before, so I'll do so again, this time using the TIEM's computers.
Qwertyuiopas: Adjust scriptgun to work with remote viewing implant to enable remote script usage.

Dragnar: 4

lolwut

Tehstefan: 1

OMIGOD THIS GUY HAS A MACRO, WHEN HE LANDS, OFF OF A GRIFFIN OR SOMETHING HE SAYS "HELLO EVERYONE I AM HERE" AND GREETS EVERYONE WARMLY.
You greet the new party member.

Frelock: 3

You try again, but something's missing. You don't really know how to make a sentient AI...
There's also the fact that the TOAST Industries Evacuation Module's computer systems are far, far less powerful than those aboard the Jefferson.

Qwertyuiopas: 2

The range limitation seems to be inherent.

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

ALSO:
I think we should do role-playing stuff like dialouge and stuff with posts instead of having me write it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:03:52 pm by Schilcote »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:31 am »

Action: Adjust scriptgun to work with remote viewing implant to enable remote script usage.
Eh?
Eh!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 11, 2010, 05:16:19 pm »

Hi what are you guys, what are you guys doihng here come to think of it
Search the area
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 11, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »

Script> Advanced editor. After selecting an object, a GUI for that object opens that has access to a multitude of settings like weight, gravity multiplier, magnetism, material, texture, colour, collision, position, and rotation. Some of those may be omitted if they would be too hard to add. More than one GUI can be open, and previously opened ones should be reopenaable without LOS.
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 11, 2010, 06:36:57 pm »

I construct a computer, as powerful as possible.

I have a reason for this!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 11, 2010, 08:29:30 pm »

I use my implants to perform long-range scanning for enemies.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 73