Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72506 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #960 on: September 17, 2010, 01:57:37 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 4

You find the mech's hard drive. It's probably heavily damaged, but it's in an armored casing and it should still have some data on it that TOAST forensic engineers can extract. They're probably sending a team to clean up all this mess and examine the mech's remains along with the people they sent to pick you up and fix the ship.

Qwertyuiopas: 4

You create a script that cools the air around the point it is fired at. It cools the air about one degree Celsius every second.

Tehstefan: 4

You drag the injured party members back to NUKM and the NDY machine to be treated.

Frelock: 5

The NDY machine seems to be doing a better job than you can, he's very badly injured. You instead help NUKM and the medidroid keep Qwertyuiopas stable. Qwertyiopas's data is scrambled, but you seem to be able to keep most of him working anyway.

Text:

A large, flat flying city appears on the horizon, about a half-mile square in area, with tall walls on the sides. As it silently approaches, you can make out a cockpit on the front of the plate that makes up its body, and a large TOAST Industries sigil on the bottom. It majestically soars towards the party, then stops in midair. A small elevator descends from beside the cockpit, supported by a long cable.
The elevator lands softly, and Colnel Jameson steps out with two men in white coats with the TOAST R&D sigil on them.

Jameson: "Good news, I've been reassigned as your facilitator for the remainder of this mission. Those two R&D men will beam up what's left of that mech and your ship, and we can continue on from there. I've been given full access to this mobile base. Pretty neat, huh?"

Everyone gets into the elevator, and Jameson presses a button on the wall. The elevator slowly ascends back to the flying base.

Jameson: "These elevators always get stuck on the way up..."

The elevator gets stuck against the main body of the aircraft. NUKM, who is being pulled up to the platform by a forcer ray, aims his forcer at the elevator and unjams it.

Jameson: "We've tried all sorts of different ways to keep these things from getting stuck, but most of them end up damaging the occupants. The only method we've gotten to work reliably is to just have someone on the base blast it with a gravity gun or a Nutpuncher on a low setting..."

The elevator arrives. The party steps onto a plastic platform, the walls decorated with exposed circuitry and logic gates that make the elevator work.

Off the edge of the half-mile wide body of the airship, you can see pieces of the downed mech and the Jefferson being picked up and dragged through the air up to the airship, as cleaning crews collect the sludge that filled the mech's reactor.

A crewman catches Colnel Jameson's attention. "I think you'd better see this sir. The LRS..."

The party follows Jameson inside a building. "Oh HELL no..." Jameson says, looking at a panel of screens. NUKM links the data transferrer on one of his arm-discs with one on the panel. "Son of a bitch.", the robot mutters. "I don't suppose this base has any nonstandard defenses."

Jameson: "No, just the one Ageis PD and laser gatling gun. They've got some pretty heavy weaponry. These are professionals, well paid mercenaries. Probably here after that blown reactor. I'd say Marshall, Carter and Dark hired them."
NUKM: "We should interrogate them"
Jameson: "We should run away from them. They've got a laser nuke. They could shatter this base into pieces as soon as they got within a mile of us."

He turns to one of the crewmen.
Jameson: "Tell the ground crews to hurry the hell up, they can keep the motors, just don't let them get their hands on any reactor goo. Tell the pilot to take us out of here at maximum speed and altitude."

NUKM: "According to this base's scanners, they've got five mercenaries down there, with some heavy firepower. They're after the gizmo that was making that mecha work, and they're going to use force to get their hands on it. We can hope that they don't catch up with us, but they should have expected that we'd arrive on one of these flying bases. I think we're going to have a fight on our hands."

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:05:11 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 17, 2010, 10:32:33 pm »

See if I can modify any of the "standard defenses" of the city into "impenetrable defenses"
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 17, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »

See if I can modify any of the "standard defenses" of the city into "impenetrable defenses"

You can't. I've tried.

EDIT:

Note that one Ageis point defense system can totally suppress fire from four machine guns at once. It shoots the bullets out of the air one by one.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 17, 2010, 11:53:38 pm »

That is...impressive.

Alright, I'll try something else while bolding my action this time.

Read up on "laser nukes" and see what their weaknesses are.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 18, 2010, 09:59:23 am »

Take the hard drive to the TOAST engineers, see what they can get out of it.

I recommend keeping the mercs from getting the power supply by blowing it up.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #965 on: September 18, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »

>Now it's time for the computer jammer. And if that doesn't work, gravity*MAX_INT!
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 18, 2010, 11:25:29 pm »

>Now it's time for the computer jammer. And if that doesn't work, gravity*MAX_INT!

The trouble is, the second you make visual contact with them you're going to get nuked...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 19, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »

Recover. Also, use my engineering computer to upgrade the defenses.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 19, 2010, 10:41:57 pm »

The trouble is, the second you make visual contact with them you're going to get nuked...

Nonsense.

Either they already can see us(including scanners) and haven't attacked, or they have far inferior technology. If I must have a clear line to them, why not use existing scanners to aim, as they are obviously superior to theirs, or their weapons can't reach this far. (Otherwise, they would OHKO the entire game. Mandatory plot-required imbalance?)
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 20, 2010, 08:28:20 am »

Nonsense.

Either they already can see us(including scanners) and haven't attacked, or they have far inferior technology. If I must have a clear line to them, why not use existing scanners to aim, as they are obviously superior to theirs, or their weapons can't reach this far. (Otherwise, they would OHKO the entire game. Mandatory plot-required imbalance?)

Well, your scriptgun has the limitation that it can only work on things that you have LOS to. I probably didn't tell you that. The mercenaries are using inferior technology (this is a top-of-the line airship manufactured by a megacorporation, they're just well-equipped soldiers of fortune), they probably don't even have scanners. They can't aim at what they can't see.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 21, 2010, 11:59:14 pm »

Ask who these marshall carter and the others who hired them might be.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 22, 2010, 10:55:56 am »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 22, 2010, 03:28:35 pm »

Is there a range limitation on the scriptgun? Otherwise, our scanners may be able to aim it for me while they can't even see this far...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 22, 2010, 03:50:08 pm »

Is there a range limitation on the scriptgun? Otherwise, our scanners may be able to aim it for me while they can't even see this far...

Yeah.

This is a puzzle boss sort of thing. I think Jameson mentioned something that might be relevant last turn...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 24, 2010, 08:32:38 pm »

watch this

EDIT::

Ooh, you should really watch this. All the way through, it gets better after a while.

See, that's what I intended Netland to be like... meme-y and nonsensical, but epic at the same time... ADERENAPILLZ!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:42:15 pm by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73