Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72611 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #810 on: June 26, 2010, 07:35:45 pm »

...Either you are making all of this up, or I need to get that game. Now.

Ehhh... that's only the good parts. The bad part is that you can't tell whose on your team, you can't tell what weapon they have, you can't tell if they're a medic/engie healing you or an enemy attacking you, everyone exploits an ancient Quake glitch that lets them jump ludicrous distances and move at ridiculous speeds, and of course the graphics are bad (which I normally don't have a problem with, but they just don't get the job done). Oh, and you have to download an hours worth of files from every server you connect to...

Yeah, it was excellent (and Valve hired the folks who made it to work on TF2), but it had enough problems that you're probably better off playing TF2. The good news is that the mod itself is free and it works with the shareware version of Quake. I got totally owned every time I joined but... I had a little fun. Also, no one plays anymore. You might try it for the lulz. I'd love to have the upgrade paths and tesla coil (ooohhh how I loved my tesla coil) in TF2. And the custom classes. You could have heat-seeking laser guided rockets (at the same time!) a grappling hook, a jetpack, detpacks, many types of grenades...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 26, 2010, 10:43:29 pm »

I too work to get Slick back to normal.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 27, 2010, 08:23:50 pm »

HEY!

Post some actions! I'm sick of having to write turns for three people and having to make up actions for everyone else...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:00:10 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #813 on: June 27, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »

Oh, right.

>Search for disturbances in the plot. Then, upon finding one, declare "I sense a great disturbance in the plot...". Classify plot disturbances as anything that shows up on my scanner...

I was distracted trying to find your youtube stuff, but couldn't...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 28, 2010, 05:54:00 am »

Oh, right.

>Search for disturbances in the plot. Then, upon finding one, declare "I sense a great disturbance in the plot...". Classify plot disturbances as anything that shows up on my scanner...

I was distracted trying to find your youtube stuff, but couldn't...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Schilcote

:D

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 28, 2010, 03:41:44 pm »

Oh, then I did find it, I just expected it to be a little more full, so I thought it might have been someone else's...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 30, 2010, 10:50:08 am »

4/8 actions posted.

POST! YOUR! ACTIONS!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:54:41 am by Schilcote »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:46 pm »

That is one of the most awesome comics I have ever seen.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 01, 2010, 01:32:58 pm »

"A smart Dungeon Master will recap what happened last play session if it's been more than a week. Otherwise the first hour of play will be wasted with questions like "Wait, who was the guy in the gray cape and why are we working for him, again?" "

And I'm going to have to if the actions don't come in. I'd like something from Sensei (else I'll have to bump 'im off)... I guess Tehstefan is on vacation or something (not that that's any kind of excuse, I mean, find a bloody library or something). I guess my 4/8 figure should be more 4/7 'cos ExKirby left but....

I can't remember who everyone is. Ermm... Roll call?

EDIT:

Oh, also, Hell Desk.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57844.165
You might have guessed that Hell Desk is going to end up being the prequel to Netland. Not sure The Reveal was that clear, since I didn't get the reaction I expected but...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:35:46 pm by Schilcote »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 01, 2010, 07:33:14 pm »

Well im on waitlist and if people dont show i might be needed so. HERE
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 01, 2010, 08:37:05 pm »

Well im on waitlist and if people dont show i might be needed so. HERE

HuuurrrrRRRRrrrRRRrrRRrrrrmmmMMmmMMmmmmmMMMMmmmmmm....MMMM

I should write this stuff down or something. Got dem brain dawgs.

Anyway, I sort of intended for you to show up when we went to TF2. Which I suppose will be next. I guess it'll give me more time to work on the next thingy. Which I may or may not do.

THAT HEAVYS GIYGAS!

Hey, what's that command that lets you put the hidden texty stuff that shows up when you mousover?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »

TF2. Which I suppose will be next.
...I hope I'm immune to sapping.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:08 pm »

Where does a robot get Jarate?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 01, 2010, 09:53:26 pm »

Where does Neo get his bullettime?
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 01, 2010, 09:59:34 pm »

Where does Neo get his bullettime?

The black dude (I think, as I said, brain dawgs). He is not here.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73