Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72625 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2010, 10:32:33 pm »

No idea what it was before, and *certainly* not what it is now, but SCIENCE! declares that it *must*  be awesome.

>Inspect it to determine how likely it will be to be awesome:
  -By having a spectacular self-destruction for little or no gain
  -By killing things other than us
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »

I give up on that project and search the facility for a priest. Or whoever would know the most about the gods. (sending spy-bots into restricted areas probably would have gone badly anyway...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2010, 11:03:09 pm »

I give up on that project and search the facility for a priest. Or whoever would know the most about the gods.

As I've said before, the god-AIs aren't very "godly". They are technically godlike entities, but they don't care about worshipers or temples or anything. They are computers, they think rationally, working towards their goal (that goal being the preservation of humanity). They don't interfere very much at all, this whole "gods communicating with humans" is extremely rare. Many people don't even know who they are, and that's the way they like it. Probably the only people who would know as much about the God-AIs as the players are computers and highly-educated people.

And of course, there's one very highly educated person that you might have an opportunity to talk to...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2010, 11:13:21 pm »

Well, one of the computers would do for now I guess. First step in figuring out how they are being attacked: figure out how they work in the first place. and therefore what an attack would have to do to stop their control.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2010, 02:40:33 am »

Fix Slick
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2010, 03:38:52 am »

i dunno know what to do... i could attempt to power up again but that is too repetitive

unsummon squirtle drop my robe, mace and standard shield, form a link with my rage shield.
with the link i was thinking being able to channel my anger into it to make it stronger, or pulling anger from it to make my powers stronger (weakening the shield of course)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 21, 2010, 04:46:27 am »

i dunno know what to do... i could attempt to power up again but that is too repetitive

You could try getting in contact with the caped man (if you don't remember, he talked to you when you got your powers, and you first saw him peeking in on a conversation Jameson was having). Ask him for advice or direction.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 21, 2010, 05:22:13 am »

You could try getting in contact with the caped man (if you don't remember, he talked to you when you got your powers, and you first saw him peeking in on a conversation Jameson was having). Ask him for advice or direction.

sounds like a plan i'll do that instead of my posted action, though i will probably attampt that at some point as that was the point of having it made from rage :)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 23, 2010, 01:13:35 pm »

I'll be gone for two weeks starting now, so, sowwies.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »

I'll be gone for two weeks starting now, so, sowwies.

You could've posted an action first...
I have a hard time coming up with actions for everyone you know.

EDIT:

i would post a turn but i;m not in good condionstion
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:07:43 pm by Schilcote »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 24, 2010, 08:18:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Qwertyuiopas: 2

You inspect the machine, but you have absolutely no clue what it does or how it does. It's probably going to be awesome, whatever it does.

Dragnar: 5

You access a library computer.

The god-AIs are extremely powerful computer systems, given the ability to affect low-level changes on the simulated universe.
They run on seperate computer systems to the simulated universe, connected through the network to the simulation cluster.
Currently, they are being stored on an offline server to protect them from the corruption that is attacking the universe.
It is apparent that the corruption must have some precense in the god-AI's networks. It may even have a hardware component attatched to the network, though it is not known who could have put it there.

Typoman: 5 (Damnit, why did I tell you to do that? I don't have anything for him to say...)

You attempt to reach out with your mind to the caped man. You search, and find a powerful mechanical mind. You don't have time to get any more information from it before you're shut out.
"So, I see you've found a way to call me. There aren't many things you can't do with the amount of power you've got available to you. If you can control it without getting fried in your own lipids that is."
"You probably know that your "gods" are dead, at least functionally. Of course, that leaves you without support. I suggest you make use of your ship's portal device once you're done dealing with..." You feel a moment of hesitation, he's catching himself before saying something he isn't supposed to.
"After you're done dealing with the... entity that you're headed twoards. You should convince King Harkinan to come with you before you go, he's a good man. I've known him for some time.
"The corrupted entities are a... distraction, if you will. But they're also power sources. You will have to destroy them to get rid of..." He catches himself again. "Your enemy."
"You're probably going to meet some more powerful memetics soon. I suggest you find a way to toughen yourself. You may find some fellows who can train you in the same places you derive your power... some of the darker sections of your universe."
"Though I'm strongly against their use, I've... heard that consumption of hallucinogens can have drastic effects on one's memetic output. Sawed the bastard in half and burned his face off and he still didn't die..."
"You might be wondering who I am. I'm... an enemy's enemy. A powerful enemy. Your... Our enemy is equally powerful. I wish you luck."

"By the way, you'll probably need a... "Plot Coupon" to progress. I'll leave it up to you to find it."

The mechanical mind forces you out, straining slightly.

Your Squirtle fades into nothingness because you aren't supplying it energy.

Inteuniso: 1

You tinker some more, and manage to further corrupt Slick's program data. Oops.

Tehstefan: 6

Seeing the mess Inteuniso has made of the ship's computer, you decide to follow the on-screen instructions and tell someone at TOAST Industries (at least, you think that's what they're trying to say).
Command: "Searching database for "Duality"."
Command: "System shutting down. Restart completed."
Huh.

Sensei: 5

You manage to get the device in the air and fly it back to the Jefferson. You load it into one of the QSDs.

Frelock: 2

Umm... reboot?
"systemerror1 limiter offline"
"USECTERM startup failed. Core libraries missing or corrupted."
"limiter failure"
"system locked, cannot perform operations without stabilization, limitation"

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the ship.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit), Lance, carrots and apples, longsword. On the ship.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Dabbling horsemanship.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+2 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
+1 to using engineering computer.
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
Pet horse (currently mounted)

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora, bullwhip, touchstone, tinning kit, Amulet of Yendor. Location: On the ship.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+2 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Intrinsics:
Warning

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword, Meaningless Commander's Badge, two-handed broadsword, oil lamp, Micro-EAGLE. Location: Ship.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to blunt and crushing damage avoid) Hardened flesh (+2 to burning and projectile damage avoid)
Turret Control (+1 to manually controlling ship-mounted weaponry)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robot minions:

Sawbuck: A flying robot, with a multitude of extremely sharp blades. It deals heavy slashing damage. However, it is unstable and a decent impact will send it far away.
Clanger: A small, heavy, tank-like robot, with a pair of heavy duty hydraulic pincers on its front. It deals heavy crushing damage(+1). It is highly resistant to damage, but very slow.
Zip: A small, extremely fast wheeled robot. It attacks by discharging electrical energy into its target, dealing light burn damage. It can move at extreme speed, and carry light cargo.
Bash: A mid-size, doglike robot with extremely powerful back legs. It can fling itself long distances with them. It jumps on enemies, knocking them down and dealing moderate blunt impact damage.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment, Nano-EAGLE, big missile launcher, 1000 gold pieces, a tin operner, a credit card, an expensive camera, hawaiian shirt. On ship.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
REFLEX 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Practiced aim(+1 to aiming)
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky while on).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier), gloves, 6 fortune cookies. On ship.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Understanding(????)

Available Scripts:
Colorer
Gravity Modifier
Computer Stopper
Projectile Shield
Macguffin Detector
Status Monitor

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement for mining, negates 1 armor when used as weapon), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.), coasters, cattle prod, unidentified floppies. Location: On ship.
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant
Enhanced Speed (+1 to reflexes and high-speed actions)
Encumbering Repair Devices (Heals 50% of incurred damage every turn, -1 to dexterous actions)
Can Fly, rockets in feet.
Pylon-link (+1 to item magnet usage when in range of pylon)

Typoman: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage, a robe, an small shield, a mace, and a clove of garlic, and an SDW-120.
TI FLIGHT 4
TI SENSOR 3
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI TACTICAL SCANNER
TI CLOAK 4
TI REMOTE VIEWING
Involuntarily absorbs organic matter and reprocesses it.
Abilities:
Exploding Van: ????
Kill It With Fire: Expel flames from the mouth.
Stains Stare: Dispel all thoughts from the target, replacing them with an intense desire for cupcakes. Effectively paralyzes the target.
Lv. 1 Summon Memetic: Call one low-level memetic being to your aid.
Permanent energy conduit leading out right hand.
Summoned entities:
None.

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "energy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices, a special 360 degree super-voidscanner designed by Qwertyuiopas, more comfortable seats, advanced robotic storage system, drone controller, standard automatic turret controler, fire supression system, EVA pod, advanced manuvering system.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Glitching up.
Maintainance+Medical droid. Acting confused.
NUKM drone. Waiting.
Much miscellaneous scrap.
Heavily modified "NDY Machine". Function unknown.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:14 pm »

There is only one action that may follow that:

>Use the new creation with reckless abandon, to find out what it does.

Whatever happens, it is probably going to be awesome, right?
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 24, 2010, 09:21:00 pm »

There is only one action that may follow that:

>Use the new creation with reckless abandon, to find out what it does.

Whatever happens, it is probably going to be awesome, right?

Actually, nothing is going to happen if you use it here. Maybe you might try to locate my channel on Youtube...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:13 pm »

Yes, but if I use it recklessly, it might come close to an awesome explosion or something. In the nature of the barely averted catastrophe lies it's purpose...
Eh?
Eh!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 24, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »

Write core libraries for ship's computer.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 73