Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72672 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #705 on: June 15, 2010, 02:14:18 pm »

ok i'll revise my action, just to see what happens,
i summon gman and board the ship

The Gman is not a low-level memetic being. The more widespread and powerful the meme is, the higher it's level. King Harkinan is a very low-level memetic being, Weegee is mid-level, and Chuck Norris is high level. The highest level would be something akin to god.

*points angrily*
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 15, 2010, 05:50:22 pm »

The Gman is not a low-level memetic being. The more widespread and powerful the meme is, the higher it's level. King Harkinan is a very low-level memetic being, Weegee is mid-level, and Chuck Norris is high level. The highest level would be something akin to god.

*points angrily*

well you never said i wouldn't be able to do it... you haven'tt old me what level being i can use... don't get snippy with me when you haven't given me enough information

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 15, 2010, 06:44:37 pm »

*points angrily*

well you never said i wouldn't be able to do it... you haven'tt old me what level being i can use... don't get snippy with me when you haven't given me enough information

Lv. 1 Summon Memetic: Call one low-level memetic being to your aid.

*gets snippy*
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Qwertyuiopas: 3

On board King Harkinan's ship, you switch your macguffin detector on and scan for plot elements.

Dragnar:  4

You attempt to integrate the Protoss technology with TOAST Industries technology. You set off the anti-tamper, causing an ASCII rendition of a middle finger to appear on your implant screen, but you manage to make it work.
Your Item Magnet now has an increased range. But only when there's a pylon around.

Typoman: 2

You attempt to use your new powers to call upon the famed Half-Life 2 character, but he is too strong to call upon with your low levels.
You board the King's ship.

Frelock: 5

The medical droid, successful in reviving you, returns to the Jefferson.
You board the King's ship. Aboard, you decide to gather some information about the surrounding area. You receive a map from Gwonam.

ExKirby: 6

Managing to find your way back, you run at full speed onto the King's ship and fall off the other end. Ship!

Tehstefan: 5

You get on the King's ship, and converse with some of the pepole on board.

The ship is sailing to Gamelon, making a stop at the TOAST Industries outpost in Koradai to refuel.

Sensei: 3

You board the ship and find a cabin.

Inteuniso: 5

Slick drives the Jefferson into the water and it begins floating. He uses the tractor beam to allow the King's ship to tow the Jefferson.
You board the King's ship and Tehstefan tells you where it is going. You decide to examine the engine room.

Apparently, this ship was once an old wind-powered boat, somewhat recently retrofitted with TOAST Industries engines. The ship's engines are somewhat similar to the Jefferson's, but much larger and connected to impellers on the bottom of the ship.
The fuel tank is enormous, filled with what appears to be a brightly glowing, violently boiling green liquid. This liquid passes through the engines and comes out the other side not glowing or boiling, and is collected in a separate tank.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the ship.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit), Lance, carrots and apples, longsword. On the ship.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Dabbling horsemanship.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
Pet horse (currently mounted)

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora, bullwhip, touchstone, tinning kit, Amulet of Yendor. Location: On the ship.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+2 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Intrinsics:
Warning

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword, Meaningless Commander's Badge, two-handed broadsword, oil lamp. Location: Ship.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to blunt and crushing damage avoid) Hardened flesh (+2 to burning and projectile damage avoid)
Turret Control (+1 to manually controlling ship-mounted weaponry)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robot minions:

Sawbuck: A flying robot, with a multitude of extremely sharp blades. It deals heavy slashing damage. However, it is unstable and a decent impact will send it far away.
Clanger: A small, heavy, tank-like robot, with a pair of heavy duty hydraulic pincers on its front. It deals heavy crushing damage(+1). It is highly resistant to damage, but very slow.
Zip: A small, extremely fast wheeled robot. It attacks by discharging electrical energy into its target, dealing light burn damage. It can move at extreme speed, and carry light cargo.
Bash: A mid-size, doglike robot with extremely powerful back legs. It can fling itself long distances with them. It jumps on enemies, knocking them down and dealing moderate blunt impact damage.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment, Nano-EAGLE, big missile launcher, 1000 gold pieces, a tin operner, a credit card, an expensive camera, hawaiian shirt. On ship.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
REFLEX 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Practiced aim(+1 to aiming)
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky while on).
Lost

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier), gloves, 6 fortune cookies. On ship.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Available Scripts:
Colorer
Gravity Modifier
Computer Stopper
Projectile Shield
Macguffin Detector

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement for mining, negates 1 armor when used as weapon), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.), coasters, cattle prod, unidentified floppies. Location: On ship.
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant
Enhanced Speed (+1 to reflexes and high-speed actions)
Encumbering Repair Devices (Heals 50% of incurred damage every turn, -1 to dexterous actions)
Can Fly, rockets in feet.
Pylon-link (+1 to item magnet usage when in range of pylon)

Typoman: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage, a robe, an small shield, a mace, and a clove of garlic, and an SDW-120.
TI FLIGHT 4
TI SENSOR 3
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI TACTICAL SCANNER
TI CLOAK 4
TI REMOTE VIEWING
Involuntarily absorbs organic matter and reprocesses it.
Abilities:
Exploding Van: ????
Kill It With Fire: ????
Stains Stare: ????
Lv. 1 Summon Memetic: Call one low-level memetic being to your aid.

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "energy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices, a special 360 degree super-voidscanner designed by Qwertyuiopas.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Playing chess with NUKM.
Maintainance+Medical droid. Watching the chess game.
NUKM drone. Getting beaten at chess by Slick.
Much miscellaneous scrap.

Text:

Qwertyuiopas uses his scriptgun to scan for plot-related entities. There appears to be a plot-related object at the location marked on the map as "Thomas & Alfred's Pizza Hut". The main source of corruption appears to be located somewhere around Gamelon, as the King said.
Tehstefan: "You say there's something over in that Pizza Hut?"
Qwertyuiopas: "Something important. Typo, what can you make of this data?"
Typoman: "It feels like a weapon... Very powefull. A book or something."
Tehstefan: "Well, this boat is headed to that Gamelon place... I suppose we'll head there to take a look at the entity we're going to have to kill, then head over to collect that weapon. We're probably going to need it to destroy the entity..."
Typoman: "I bet that wizard guy knows alot about powerful books and stuff. Where is he?"
Tehstefan: "Ummm... ExKirby killed him."
*awkward pause*

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:46:14 pm by Schilcote »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 15, 2010, 08:07:07 pm »

What? TOAST is in this world too? I thought they were just part of that one world. Hmm...

I summon a protoss plasma turret on the ship.(should be possible, as long as I have a nearby pylon... though pylons usually aren't mobile.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 15, 2010, 08:12:06 pm »

Also you guys see to be getting it wrong a protoss probe looks more like this

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 15, 2010, 08:15:10 pm »

I was assuming I was a more humanoid version for simplicity's sake.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 15, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

What? TOAST is in this world too? I thought they were just part of that one world. Hmm...

Well, they are a corporation. Having one store and selling things through a catalog might work for Cabellas, but TOAST has to go and sell their stuff. Whose going to order nukes from a catalog?

Also you guys see to be getting it wrong a protoss probe looks more like this

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Oops.
They always looked humanoid in the Google image search.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 15, 2010, 08:24:06 pm »

Well, they are a corporation. Having one store and selling things through a catalog might work for Cabellas, but TOAST has to go and sell their stuff. Whose going to order nukes from a catalog?
Ah, it seems I have underestimated the degree to which the worlds interact. I had thought our reality hopping was something out of the ordinary and rare.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #714 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:53 pm »

>Script a script that causes the user to teleport to the target, exiting a portal that momentarily appears on the target surface with speed retained(but not nessecarily velocity). Occasionally, have a cake preceede the user exiting, but the cake disappears shortly after, because everyone knows that The Cake Is A Lie.
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 15, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »

Ah, it seems I have underestimated the degree to which the worlds interact. I had thought our reality hopping was something out of the ordinary and rare.

Well, let me write some stuff.

A few hundred years after the simulation was started, Risus was having a hard time keeping everyone entertained.
Risus: "Ordo."
Ordo: "What?"
Risus: "I need to ask you something."
Ordo: "No."
Risus: "I'm having trouble keeping everyone entertained..."
Ordo: "No."
Animos: "Listen to him."
Ordo: "Fine..."
Risus: "I was thinking, you know how everyone's always saying that since the simulation isn't really "real" we can just feed everybody for free and stuff?"
Ordo: "..."
Risus: "Well, I was thinking, since everything's a simulation and all, why don't we make all those fictional universes that everyone already daydreams about..."
Abeo: ":D"
Risus: "And make them "real", so they can explore them. And I can do my job."
Ordo: *grumble*
Animos: "I think it's a good idea."
Ordo: "Oh fine..."
Animos: "I'll sort out all the infrastructure problems."

And from that point on you could just enter another universe by going far enough in any direction.

EDIT:

And there's also the fact that TOAST has the Awesome Portals.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:37:16 am by Schilcote »

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 15, 2010, 10:30:56 pm »

pft, stuff it i'm not in the mood i didn't notice that, ever, did you edit it at some point? i don't really feel like palying if you're gonna be an ass everytrime i make a simple honest mistake
i transfer my powers dragnar and kill myself (fatepoint)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:56:21 pm by Typoman »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 15, 2010, 10:48:28 pm »

pft, stuff it i'm not in the mood i didn't notice that, ever, did you edit it at some point? i don't really feel like palying if you're gonna be an ass everytrime i make a simple honest mistake

Well geez, don't overreact. I'm sarcastic, it's my nature. Just how my communications form. Inherent in my nature. I'm not trying to be offensive. It's like, humorous and stuff. You're the most interesting character in this game :(.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:38 pm »

Well geez, don't overreact. I'm sarcastic, it's my nature. Just how my communications form. Inherent in my nature. I'm not trying to be offensive. It's like, humorous and stuff. You're the most interesting character in this game :(.

well use some emoticons or something to signify it as such, my end it just looked like you were being an ass (i reccomend :P )

i revoke my action while i think of a new one

hmm it seems my action before reforged my powers.  because i assumed all that had happened is my neck was better, i didn't want to go near yellow vans, and i had failed to do what i wanted. i had no other injuries, i didn't read my status as i didn't think anything significant had changed

ok if sains stare is what i think it is (this?)... i have no idea what it would actually do, lets find out :D

i stains stare at gamelon
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:10:48 pm by Typoman »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 16, 2010, 03:33:12 pm »

Sing a jaunting song as we go about our merry way.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73