Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72696 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #690 on: June 14, 2010, 09:09:50 pm »

In answer to you're question schilote, a pylon does two things for a protoss player, 1 it icreases you're PSY(Unit cap) and it also allows you to build buildings within a certain distance of it (only the protos nexus(main hq building) and pylons being able to be constructed no within the distance of the pylon, the fluff is that it creates an energy field to power protoss buoldings
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 14, 2010, 09:20:00 pm »

In answer to you're question schilote, a pylon does two things for a protoss player, 1 it icreases you're PSY(Unit cap) and it also allows you to build buildings within a certain distance of it (only the protos nexus(main hq building) and pylons being able to be constructed no within the distance of the pylon, the fluff is that it creates an energy field to power protoss buoldings

That's what I thought it did.

Also, don't mangle my name. There's two Cs, count them.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:43 pm »

Yeah, basically the pylons are wireless power sources that run the protoss technology.

I use the pylon to upgrade my item magnet power, turning it into something more akin to force push/pull.

Typoman: try summoning G-man. What with his apparent ability to be anywhere it shouldn't be too hard.

Also... gamelon?! I think we should just skip the story for this world and kill EVERYTHING. This place is a blight upon the world!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 14, 2010, 09:28:14 pm »

Also... gamelon?! I think we should just skip the story for this world and kill EVERYTHING. This place is a blight upon the world!

Well, actually, everyone stopped reading the story, so I stopped writing it. After all, why put in all that symbolism and foreshadowing when noone will even pay attention to it and just kill beasts? So I just put in beasts to kill.

Also, what's your problem with this world?
And how does no one know what it is? I mean dang.

Just about all of these are highly NSFW. Especially Swish and QuibbyJibby.

Okay, start with SwishFilmsInc, he's pretty good at sentence mixing and uses the CD-i material:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SwishFilmsinc#p/u/16/R--jGkng8To (The Cowardly King, and The King's Unreasonable Demands are exemplary performances)

QuibbyJibby is the best sentence mixer. His videos are very, very dirty though. I'm going with a slightly less controversial depiction of the King's character (but still not too dissimilar, since his depiction is the funniest).
http://www.youtube.com/user/QuibbyJibby#p/u/16/xPyXtfNt4Zc

This particular video (the genre is called YouTube Poop) is one of the more random varieties, but it does show some of the King's typical behavior patterns (as well as show most of the characters you're going to be seeing).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmugYzJwl9E

And of course, the Dinner Blaster series, featuring the King's favorite firearm.

The original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJqsxz9xPQ

Dinner Blaster 2, also featuring Munf Munf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvdnx0jbiK0&NR=1

Dinner Blaster 0, which also features the character of Doctor Rabbit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFbnLbcKZ0U&feature=related

Also, Dinner Blaster 9000. Not very good, I'm only including it because of the author's interpretation of the Dinner Blaster's form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEf8fWUHljU

Then there are the legendary Youtube Poopers; Krobo, SSBMEXPERT (Whose YTPs are also a good example of King Harkinan's character, as well as the "niche"s that YTP makers can get into, in his case Thomas the Tank Engine, as well as being almost entirely clean), Captpan6, Deepercutt (Spell shetvnsnitzr), WalrusGuy, Mark3611, and the far less famous TomServo3 (who is also a "niche" YTPer, introducing the characters of Tomas & Alfred, and Ed C**k).

Introducing the character of Dr. Rabbit is best left to the original by WalrusGuy (CHOKLIT RAIN):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oSHOGH45SM

There's some basic verbal tics that most characters have, the King says "dinner"; "MAH BOI"; "Wii"; and "All true warriors strive for", Robotnik says "PINGAS", Luigi says "Lotsa spaghetti!", Mario says "Toast", Zelda says "BUTTFATHER", Gwonam says "Squadalla!" and a whole bunch other things.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:24:01 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 14, 2010, 09:38:47 pm »

I read it... but I don't get symbolism at all. As in, I can't remember the name, but I actually have a minor mental disorder that makes me take most communication literally and nothing more.

And what do you mean, what's the problem with this world? Wand of Gamelon was an affront to video games everywhere, and didn't deserve the Zelda franchise's name.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 14, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »

i am not familar with the wand of gamelon.
and it's kinds hard to pay a lot of attention to a greater storyline when you are too busy dealing with the problems in front of you. i am still interested in whatever story you wanted originally.

Yeah, basically the pylons are wireless power sources that run the protoss technology.

I use the pylon to upgrade my item magnet power, turning it into something more akin to force push/pull.

Typoman: try summoning G-man. What with his apparent ability to be anywhere it shouldn't be too hard.

how would g-man help now?

for now i board the ship, since that seems to be the thing we need to do

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 14, 2010, 10:14:15 pm »

how would g-man help now?
He's G-ma. There is no situation he cannot improve. In other words: you should summon him for teh luls.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 14, 2010, 10:30:33 pm »

I read it... but I don't get symbolism at all. As in, I can't remember the name, but I actually have a minor mental disorder that makes me take most communication literally and nothing more.

And what do you mean, what's the problem with this world? Wand of Gamelon was an affront to video games everywhere, and didn't deserve the Zelda franchise's name.

Aspergers syndrome? I was supposed to be diagnosed with that too. I'm also supposed to be schizophrenic and delusional though, so I really don't believe any of it anymore.

As I said in the above posts, we aren't ACTUALLY in Wand of Gamelon. You're in a sort-of parody of it.

EDIT:

The Gman is not a low-level memetic being. The more widespread and powerful the meme is, the higher it's level. King Harkinan is a very low-level memetic being, Weegee is mid-level, and Chuck Norris is high level. The highest level would be something akin to god.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:32:43 pm by Schilcote »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »

Wake up and get to the ship.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 14, 2010, 10:36:59 pm »

A minor case, but yeah, I think that was it. Means I really hate english classes.

A parody of wand of Gamelon is fine I suppose. I've never heard of any of that stuff.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 14, 2010, 11:56:21 pm »

ok i'll revise my action, just to see what happens,
i summon gman and board the ship

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #701 on: June 15, 2010, 02:05:46 am »

Kill Jackals? Or get on ship if a lack of jackals is a problem.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:30 am »

Kill Jackals? Or get on ship if a lack of jackals is a problem.

Read the turn. There are no jackals. You blew them up.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #703 on: June 15, 2010, 11:02:04 am »

AHA! My plan has been fulfilled without me actually doing it! Back to the ship, then.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 15, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »

Go to the ship he was talking about. Since moving forward is always a good idea!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73