Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72737 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #630 on: June 02, 2010, 10:27:10 pm »

I'll write a new script: Selective Cone of Temporary Invisibility. It causes a large(configurable angle) cone in front of it to be (setting:opacity) partially transparent for the duration it is within the cone, affecting objects based on a multitude of options, most notably colour, temperature, material, and lifeform.

Ideally, I could point it at a wall, set to nonliving matter only and use it to see opponents through walls. Alternatively, by setting the opacity value low boy not zero, it would allow retaining the ovarall shape of everything, allowing seeing anything through walls, like the layout of a maze. Or turn the enemy half of a battlefield semitransparent so that the snipe-through-wallers can target everyone easily with advanced tech while the enemies can't see our side...
Eh?
Eh!

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 03, 2010, 04:44:42 am »

hmm i forgot about the ship... but how do we know the jackals will stop... well i'll just assume it is railroading and the jackals will stop when we leave seeing as the gm is hinting we should run.
if not i suppose i could MMM them :P
instead of running up the path i make i'll make a tactical retreat to the ship holding off the jackals with the sdw

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Typoman: 4

On a hunch, you attempt to focus some streams of energy into the SDW-120. The eyes light up, and you fire upon the jackals while walking backwards towards the ship. The SDW-120 is a low rate-of-fire weapon, but you succeed in repelling the jackals with the help of your allies, using the weapon to collapse the corridor on their heads as soon as everyone is clear.

Sensei: 2

You turn tail and run back to the ship.

Dragnar: 4

It seems that the plan is now to assume a more defensive posture, which you do.

Tehstefan: 6

With Slick's assistance, you aim the ship's weaponry at the jackals that threaten the party. The Nano-EAGLEs toss jackals around mercilessly, the phasers causing them to fall down on the spot, dead.
Typoman caves in the corridor with his energy weapon, and everyone files into the ship.

Everyone retreats to the safety of the Jefferson and the massive hatch latches shut, a latch nearly impossible to break mechanicaly without incredibly powerful equipment.

You do a quick headcount and come up with... 8...

Inteuniso: 4

You retreat back to the ship, being very careful not to say or do anything that may insult or offend the jackals.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tact

Qwertyuiopas: 6

You script a script to make stuff invisible. In a cone.
You accidentally make the jackals invisible with it.

Knight85: 6

You rush at the jackals with your beamsword extended, slashing away!
*CRASH*
What was that? Oh, the corridor collapsing behind you.

ExKirby: 2

You panic and flee back into the safety and relative comfort of the Jefferson, flailing your arms all the way.

Frelock: 4

Not knowing the plight of the new party member Knight85, you seal off the corridor leading to the next room, so that no other jackals may arrive.

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the Jefferson.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit), Lance, carrots and apples, longsword. In dungeon.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Dabbling horsemanship.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
Pet horse (currently mounted)

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora, bullwhip, touchstone, tinning kit. Location: In dungeon.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+2 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Intrinsics:
Warning

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword, Meaningless Commander's Badge, two-handed broadsword, oil lamp. Location: Dungeons of Doom.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to blunt and crushing damage avoid) Hardened flesh (+2 to burning and projectile damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robot minions:

Sawbuck: A flying robot, with a multitude of extremely sharp blades. It deals heavy slashing damage. However, it is unstable and a decent impact will send it far away.
Clanger: A small, heavy, tank-like robot, with a pair of heavy duty hydraulic pincers on its front. It deals heavy crushing damage(+1). It is highly resistant to damage, but very slow.
Zip: A small, extremely fast wheeled robot. It attacks by discharging electrical energy into its target, dealing light burn damage. It can move at extreme speed, and carry light cargo.
Bash: A mid-size, doglike robot with extremely powerful back legs. It can fling itself long distances with them. It jumps on enemies, knocking them down and dealing moderate blunt impact damage.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment, Nano-EAGLE, big missile launcher, 1000 gold pieces, a tin operner, a credit card, an expensive camera, hawaiian shirt. In dungeon.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
REFLEX 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Practiced aim(+1 to aiming)
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky while on).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier), gloves, 6 fortune cookies. In dungeon.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Available Scripts:
Colorer
Gravity Modifier
Computer Stopper
Projectile Shield

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement for mining, negates 1 armor when used as weapon), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.), coasters, cattle prod, unidentified floppies. Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant
Enhanced Speed (+1 to reflexes and high-speed actions)
Encumbering Repair Devices (Heals 50% of incurred damage every turn, -1 to dexterous actions)
Can Fly, rockets in feet.

Typoman: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage, a robe, an small shield, a mace, and a clove of garlic, and an SDW-120.
TI FLIGHT 4
TI SENSOR 3
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI TACTICAL SCANNER
TI CLOAK 4
TI REMOTE VIEWING
Involuntarily absorbs organic matter and reprocesses it.

Knight85: basic mages robes trusty lightning firing staff, beamsword, a cloak, two rings, a "spellbook of force bolt" and a magic marker.

Relevant Information (+1 to identifying unknown objects and their properties)
Telekinesis
Tactical +5
Reflex
Cloak
Intangibility
Stasis

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "energy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices, a special 360 degree super-voidscanner designed by Qwertyuiopas.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Counting party members and panicking.
Maintainance+Medical droid. Treating scrapes and punctures.
NUKM drone. Doing the closest thing to a facepalm one with one-drgree-of-freedon arms and no hands can do.
Much miscellaneous scrap.

Jackals: The continue attacking Knight85.

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 03, 2010, 06:18:04 pm »

I do? But... I wanted to charge! Suicidal though it might be!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 03, 2010, 06:25:34 pm »

Sorry, but I had to do it. The only one I allowed to charge was Knight85, because he's starting to become dead weight. Quite literally.

EDIT:

Also, I have a question for you all. I have ideas as to the next settings for our game, but I fear that we're starting to stray from the original premise. Does anyone have any suggestions or complaints on this matter, or do you think I should just go with what I come up with on the spot?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:34:07 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2010, 06:43:36 pm »

I've had fun regardless, though having a starship in nethack is a interesting twist. In any case, I should get healed please?

In any case, attempt to use the ship to scan the surrounding area see what there is to see with the ships sensors.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 03, 2010, 06:47:56 pm »

Sorry, but I had to do it. The only one I allowed to charge was Knight85, because he's starting to become dead weight. Quite literally.
Eh, whatever. I see what I can get off the floppy disks I have.

Also, I have a question for you all. I have ideas as to the next settings for our game, but I fear that we're starting to stray from the original premise. Does anyone have any suggestions or complaints on this matter, or do you think I should just go with what I come up with on the spot?
It's fine for the most part. I really don't like the spaceship though. It's cool, yeah, but having such large-scale weapons makes everyone except the pilot/gunner irrelevant.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 03, 2010, 06:55:49 pm »

Eh, whatever. I see what I can get off the floppy disks I have.

It's fine for the most part. I really don't like the spaceship though. It's cool, yeah, but having such large-scale weapons makes everyone except the pilot/gunner irrelevant.

That's exactly why I put you down here in Nethack. It makes a nice place to retreat to, but it's not nearly as much of an instant win condition when its immobilized.

Oh, and the purpose of the jackals isn't to make you stick near the Jefferson. I felt that things were getting a little bit too straightforward and predictable, so I threw a bit of a challenge in.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 03, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »

Yer not very good at railroading, are yeh? The trick is to let the players do what they want (save for killing quest NPCs and the like) with apparently totally different consequences, that somehow get them where they would have been (albeit not ostensibly so). Also be flexible, it's not like you can't make stuff up occasionally.

Whatever, since I've been Gm'd, >Roll a number higher than 2
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 03, 2010, 08:12:57 pm »

Yer not very good at railroading, are yeh? The trick is to let the players do what they want (save for killing quest NPCs and the like) with apparently totally different consequences, that somehow get them where they would have been (albeit not ostensibly so). Also be flexible, it's not like you can't make stuff up occasionally.

But I'm not railroading. This is a puzzle. I thought it would get boring if we just mouse1+w'ed through everything :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 03, 2010, 09:10:18 pm »

"You have to find the right solution to the puzzle" is railroading. I will use an idea you haven't thought of:

Because I'm wearing the metal goggles and still insane, >kill jackals until I have enough corpses to wear their skins. Use jackal disguise. Discard organs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 03, 2010, 09:47:34 pm »

"You have to find the right solution to the puzzle" is railroading. I will use an idea you haven't thought of:

Because I'm wearing the metal goggles and still insane, >kill jackals until I have enough corpses to wear their skins. Use jackal disguise. Discard organs.

Yeah, but the puzzle had no "right" answer. Your idea will work as well as the ones I had in mind.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 04, 2010, 01:11:21 am »

Actually, I wonder how difficult it would be to modify everyone into jackals temporarily.  I could stay in the ship, and when you're safe, just change you back.  Alternatively, we could just beam somewhere beyond the jackals.  If we need coordinates, then we can send a flying spy-bot over the jackals' heads.  Even more alternatively, digging a new tunnel is also a possible approach.  There's lots of ways to solve this.

Attempt to turn jackal corpses into giant jackal-eating monster.  Use remote sensing implants if needed (that's why I got them, after all).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 04, 2010, 03:51:49 am »

i aquire  Healing Hands and use them on tehstefan

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 04, 2010, 04:49:31 am »

I think this puzzle is not so much "You need to solve it in a specific way" so much as "There's a thing you have to eliminate, and there are obstacles in your way, how do you overcome it?"
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 73