Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72756 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2010, 12:18:43 pm »

On second thoughts, Hold fire! And run!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »

Stay close to the Jefferson and shoot anything that threatens it; tentacle or otherwise.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:24 pm »

Try and find out what allows this thing to exist in the void and see in the void, and find a way to hack it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2010, 03:48:17 pm »

Belay that attack order, we're getting out of here guys, cover me! Go back to the base, so we can get some real firepower to defeat this thing!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:10 pm »

Yeah, we need more weapons.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 11, 2010, 10:04:39 pm »

Man the turrets and shoot down those tentacles!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:01 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 2

You hypothesize many ways of improving your drill, but none of them seem very practical at the moment.

ExKirby: 3

You latch yourself into a pod and brace for heavy acceleration. Of course, the inertial compensator would compensate for the accelleration anyway.

Sensei: 5

As the Jefferson turns to run away, you fly behind looking for danger. Unfortunately, your fighter's lack of Voidsight makes it nearly impossible to see anything, with your personal Voidsight module only displaying a tiny area in front of the fighter.
Still, despite this limitation, you manage to protect the ship from any attacks.

Frelock: 5

You locate the data that makes up the abomination. It is corrupted beyond recognition- it shouldn't exist at all in this state. Kind of creepy.
You're quite sure you're not going to be able to affect it with your hacking tools, and they won't be able to provide very much helpful information either.
It's almost as if the object you see is only one side of something larger...

Tehstefan: 3+2=5

You turn the ship around and head back to base at full speed. The ship emerges from the ground, and you are met by a man in a military uniform with a variant of the TOAST Industries logo on it, and a man in a labcoat with another variation of the logo on it.
The mecha-fighter reattaches to the ship as well.

Inteuniso: 5

You look intently out the rear hatch, watching for tentacles. You blast one with your phaser, but the ship escapes the abomination's range quickly anyway.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the Starship Jefferson..

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit) On the Starship Jefferson.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Injuries: Mildly bruised and scraped.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword. Meaningless Commander's Badge. On the Starship Jefferson.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robots.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment. In transforming fighter, in void.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). On the Starship Jefferson..

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.). Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "enegy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Idling.
Much miscellaneous scrap.

Text:

The man in the millitary outfit introduces himself as Colonel Jameson of the TOAST Industries military division. The man in the labcoat introduces himself as "Jim". He has no last name because he isn't really important, he's just here to give you the Phlebotnium you need to destroy the abomination.

Qwertyuiopas shares the data he collected with Jim, who nods. He doesn't have any dialogue either.

Jameson: "Now that Cronus is out of the way, we can talk business. Naturally, we owe you a favor for taking out the enemy that had most of this area shut down, so we're going to help you out with that wierd-ass alien thing that you need killed."
Jameson: "Jim here has a weapon that you'll be able to add to your little homebrew voidship you've got there. It's some sort of remote particle exciter thing, I don't know what R&D calls it and frankly I don't care. Millitary calls it the Laser Nuke."
Jim hands the Laser Nuke to Inteuniso, who begins installing it.
Jameson: "We'll also be sending a compliment of battleships along- not many, but you won't need a lot. They'll be under the command of captian... Tehstefan."

Meanwhile...
Ordo: "FFFFFFF..."
Animos: "What's happening?"
Ordo: "Some DUMBASS magician botched a summoning or teleport spell... can't even tell what it is. Completely effed the destination coordinates. Think the adventuring party could use an extra meatshield?"
Animos: "Don't see why not. Be careful though..."
Ordo: "Something teleports with him. Argh. Okay, I guess this sort of fits. Abeo, get over here."
Abeo: "..."
Ordo: "Finish this."
Abeo: "... Done..."

A man in a robe appears high above the ground, heading towards it at high velocity. He is followed by a man in hammer pants with a shield.

They land, taking ten damage. Frelock heals them.

Interesting how the new characters we get before switching worlds have been oddly appropriate for the next destination, isn't it?
Knight85 and Typoman are IN TEH GAEM.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 12, 2010, 04:29:13 pm »

Practical? I don't care if my ideas are practical! Modify my drill into a weapon, no matter what! This has a very good chance of going horribly wrong...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 12, 2010, 04:33:33 pm »

Find my good friend NUKM CAPTURE THE GODDAMN BASE.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 12, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »

Get better sensory implants. I must see all!

Alternative: Phat Beats.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Lyinginbedmon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 12, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »

Jameson: "Now that Cronus is out of the way, we can talk business. Naturally, we owe you a favor for taking out the enemy that had most of this area shut down, so we're going to help you out with that wierd-ass alien thing that you need killed."
I think Mr Military needs to chat with his intelligence bureau because I do not recall this happening, and you'd think I'd pay substantial attention if it did :P

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:25 pm »

I hacked him turn before this one, shut down his systems completely(or at least the master one...).  It was rather anti-climactic

Equip my probes with some VSP rangercams and a Void entry device.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:45 pm »

I think Mr Military needs to chat with his intelligence bureau because I do not recall this happening, and you'd think I'd pay substantial attention if it did :P

Frelock remover-ed it, activating all of the Cronus drones which were then dispatched by NUKM.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 12, 2010, 10:30:19 pm »

CAPTAIN TEHSTEFAN! OH YEAH!

Ahem. Now, seriously, I think my best option would be to get to know the other battleships captains. Cooperation is crucial, and the better I know them, the better I can command them.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Lyinginbedmon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 12, 2010, 10:51:57 pm »

Huh, well damn. That was pretty anticlimactic. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 73