Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72760 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:29 am »

I begin to whip up some nice icewalls and other scripts to hack into CRONOS.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2010, 03:45:55 am »

this could be interesting :D

also Schilcote, do you use irc at all, or did you just happen upon bash.org (or is it qdb.org i can't remember which one that quote is on)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2010, 07:19:13 am »

this could be interesting :D

also Schilcote, do you use irc at all, or did you just happen upon bash.org (or is it qdb.org i can't remember which one that quote is on)

I found my sig on Bash.org, but I go on ##transcendence on Freenode occasionally to test out my bots and occasionally talk with pepole.

I begin to whip up some nice icewalls and other scripts to hack into CRONOS.

CronUs. Whether or not that's actually the correct spelling.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:23:33 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2010, 07:55:08 am »

I wonder what comes after a fall. I hope it's control of TOAST.

I hope it's you actually doing something. In the first few turns, you managed to gain two useful, badass skills and blast a troll (and then receive a cracked rib). Slightly after, you rolled a 6 and received a massive combat bonus. Besides that, you did mostly nothing while all the other characters built a starship.
...You do realize that if you just gave me something to shoot at, your troubles would be answered.

...Actually, More droids, please.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2010, 08:15:59 am »

I hope it's you actually doing something. In the first few turns, you managed to gain two useful, badass skills and blast a troll (and then receive a cracked rib). Slightly after, you rolled a 6 and received a massive combat bonus. Besides that, you did mostly nothing while all the other characters built a starship.
...You do realize that if you just gave me something to shoot at, your troubles would be answered.

Well, you might have some more stuff to shoot in the next level. But that's still a (short) ways off.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2010, 11:08:23 am »

Well, you might have some more stuff to shoot in the next level. But that's still a (short) ways off.
Yay, targets!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2010, 12:18:12 pm »

Ah good, Exkirby has volunteered for the position of "meatshield" next level.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2010, 12:20:51 pm »

...You do realize that I could probably mow down a Cronus it this point? I have two fighting skills, at least 2 combat-related implants and a reinforced bone structure? This can only go right.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2010, 12:34:18 pm »

Well I didn't say you would be a bad meatshield. As long as I'm not the one getting shot I don't much care.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2010, 10:01:10 pm »

Ack! Sorry I haven't been paying attention. >Figure out what's going on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2010, 11:56:00 pm »

Fly the ship, and ready the guns for battle!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 09, 2010, 11:13:52 am »

Hey... I'm still Ground Force Commander, right?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2010, 12:39:54 pm »

Hey... I'm still Ground Force Commander, right?

Yes. Sort of. I mean, it dosn't actually mean anything besides a little bonus to commanding NPCs. But you have it.

EDIT:

The turn might take a while. I'm still trying to come up with the next boss.
I didn't think of it in advance. Stupid me.

EDIT:

Allright, I have an epic boss for you all.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 5

Using some bits and pieces from your portable scrap heap, you enhance the drive systems in your arms and legs to be able to actuate faster (+1 to reflexive and high-speed actions).

Qwertyuiopas: 5

You man the scanners, keeping a close eye on all the displays. While doing this, you take the time to familiarize yourself with the ship's computer systems (Extra bonus to science-officerness).
The scanners pick up the abomination that attacked the derelict voidship...

Frelock: 5

Using data from the ship's long-range scanners, you prepare heavily for a hack attack on the Master Chip (+2 to hack attacks on Cronus's Master Chip).

ExKirby: 3

Instead of creating more robot pals, you decide to strengthen your existing set.
There isn't much you can do besides apply a little bit more armor to the vital components (+1 to droid avoid damage).

Sensei: 4

You gain complete insight into the events unfolding around you.
Exkirby is messing around with his killbots.
Qwertyuiopas is trying to make it look like he's doing something by pressing random buttons.
Frelock is playing Paradroid.
Dragnar is stuffing random crap into himself.
Tehstefan is staring intently out the windshield.
Inteuniso i.s banging on random bits of machinery with a wrench.
A massive fleshy eldritch abomination is attacking the ship with tentacles.

Tehstefan: 3

You tell Slick to prepare for combat. He makes a confirmatory beeping noise.
You put your hand on the manual control, ready to disengage autopilot and maneuver as soon as what the... (+1 to maneuvering next turn)

Inteuniso: 5

You optimize some of the power flows through the ship's weaponry (+2 to attack rolls by the Jefferson next turn).

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the Starship Jefferson..

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit) On the Starship Jefferson.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Injuries: Mildly bruised and scraped.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword. Meaningless Commander's Badge. On the Starship Jefferson.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robots.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment. On the Starship Jefferson..

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). On the Starship Jefferson..

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.). Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "enegy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Cautiously awaiting combat.
Much miscellaneous scrap.

Text:

As the ship's navigation computer reads that you are closing on the Master Chip, Qwertyuiopas reports that there is a large organic entity attacking.
From the voidscan, it appears to be a large organic mass, something out of a Lovecraftian survival-horror game. Atop a fleshy, semi-gelatinous, amorphous body is a bald bespectacled human head. It's eyes appear to be glazed over, without intelligence. The body somewhat resembles a spider, with eight large tentacles protruding from the sides. Smaller tentacles form as needed to crush and repel bits of debris.

The mouth of the abomination moves as it vomits random chatspeak in a throaty whisper. A tentacle reaches out to grab the ship!
Roll to dodge: 4+1=5
Tehstefan masterfully steers away from the tentacle's grab, and outmaneuvers the fleshy horror as it attempts to pursue the ship.

Slick locks the weapons on to the tentacle!
Roll to attack: 6
The Nano-EAGLES fire! Twin explosions render the tentacle into lifeless gore!
The ship's Phasers lock on to the main body of the beast! They fire!
Roll to attack: 5+2
The beast writhes and screams chatspeak as it's flesh is burned by the intense bombardment of radiation!

Two more tentacles approach the ship...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:12:53 pm by Schilcote »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2010, 10:49:48 pm »

When this is over, I must upgrade the consoles to have countless mainly redundant blinking status lights and buttons that do things that are faster to do through the regular interface...

For now, scan/science the enemy, and report all discoveries to everyone. (Funny typo: for a moment, report was repost)
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2010, 11:05:04 pm »

...This is a creature of the internet. It speaks chatspeak. It is without intelligence, but resembles a human. It is a gigantic mass with a single face.
I think I know what this abomination is called.

I search the weapons dispenser for the biggest, most dangerous melee weapon it has.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 73