Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72707 times)

Lyinginbedmon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2010, 12:51:54 pm »

Cronus can't navigate in the Void, can he?

Everyone, this is Lyinginbedmon. He made Cronus.

By the strictest sense, only contraptions can navigate in the void, because players can't see anything in it. The closest Gmod comes to "voidsight" is precision-generated trails, but even then it's pretty hard for a human to navigate. Cronus just needs to know you exist to navigate to you though.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 29, 2010, 05:08:55 am »

i'd love to join in. could i be added to the waiting list?
i'll need a little while to come up with a character

edit:
my main problem is a have a few ideas but none of them are really internet lore. more from books and games, which while discussed on the internet (what isn't) aren't popular in the way you probably want
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:11:35 am by Typoman »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:36 am »

edit:
my main problem is a have a few ideas but none of them are really internet lore. more from books and games, which while discussed on the internet (what isn't) aren't popular in the way you probably want

You could be a summoner character. Some sort of semi-human who had his soul consumed by 4chan and TvTropes.

Monster: Blarggghhh
You:"Summon Billy Mays!"
Billy:"HI BILLY MAYS HERE, ARE YOU ON THE BALL?"
(throws detergent ball)
Monster: (explode)
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2010, 07:15:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ExKirby: 3

You do so.

Sensei: 2

You have no idea what you're doing, and end up accomplishing next to nothing.

Qwertyuiopas: 3+1

Stepping over a few mangled bodies, you make your way to the apparent bridge. It's quite an impressive setup. You examine a few computer readouts, and find the sensor records on the entity that attacked the ship.
It is extremely large and definitely of extrauniversal origin. Its body is not rigid like any prop, but soft and organic, almost gelatinous. Voidscanners set to maximum scan area could not see the entire creature, so it appears to be far larger than a building or a voidship.

Dragnar: 5

You collect a ton of scrap, and a quantum storage device to hold it all. You have so many spare parts and bits of metal that theres probably always going to be something you need for construction in your scrap heap.
Got Quantum Scrap Heap (+1 to building anything when it is in your inventory)

Frelock: 3

You decide to take a look at the ship's weapons. You take two "50. cal machine guns", and a "High-power autorepair unit" from the engineering deck.
You beam these back to the Jefferson.

Tehstefan: 6

You thuroughly scour the derlict for anything that can help protect the Jefferson. You notice that there are little portable devices labled "Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Device". The walls these are attatched to seem to be in far better condition than the surrounding ones, and you decide to beam back twelve of them. After figuring out the remote-activation mechanism for the transporter, you then take two "Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices" and beam them back. Inteuniso will have to install them later.
During this process, you completely fail to notice numerous scrapes and bruises that you have incurred gathering all this.
It seems that this ship's size was its downfall- being shaken to death is a real possibility when you have the mechanical advantage of a giant lever. The Jefferson's small size might be a great advantage (and with these quantum storage devices, it won't be a disadvantage. It was getting mildly cramped in there with all those systems, but there should be a way to simply connect any new ones to the ship through the storage devices).

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the derlict.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword. On the derlict.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: On the derlict.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captian of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Injuries: Mildly bruised and scraped.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword. Meaningless Commander's Badge. On the derlict.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. On the derlict.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). On the derlict.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+1 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement). Location: On the derlict.
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "enegy deflector shield", a VSP-grade hyperdrive, a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote enviromental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, and a transporter.
Transforming mecha fighter attatched to bottom of ship.
Contains:
2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
2 50.cal machine guns
1 Advanced Auto-Repair Unit
AI called Slick. Still getting used to the ship's systems.

I think I'll have turns taken on the derlict not count twoards moving to the target. Think of it like when you're on the Jefferson, you're mainly waiting to get there and preparing for battle, but on the derlict you're scrambling everywhere to collect loot and data.

I have to go now, I'll bold all the names later.

Names bolded.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:16:44 am by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2010, 07:32:54 am »

Do we have any way to contact TOAST and NUKM? I would like to know what they know about this ship, since it's probably one of theirs.

I teleport back to the Jefferson and try to attach a Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices to myself.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2010, 10:33:27 am »

Using my senses (and implant) I try to locate any nearby enemies-and fire on sight.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:14 am »

Do we have any way to contact TOAST and NUKM? I would like to know what they know about this ship, since it's probably one of theirs.

The Jefferson has communication equipment, and the derelict probably has a line back to HQ as well.

Using my senses (and implant) I try to locate any nearby enemies-and fire on sight.

No enemies, everything's dead.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2010, 12:47:31 pm »

Who's the derelict?

Fine, I go back to the task of building my drone army out of... well, whatever I can that isn't in use.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2010, 01:21:02 pm »

Who's the derelict?
...Are you even paying attention to everyone else's actions? We are all currently onboard a derelict ship, trashed by some huge space monster.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »

Who's the derelict?
...Are you even paying attention to everyone else's actions? We are all currently onboard a derelict ship, trashed by some huge space monster.

Derelict can also refer to a alcoholic bum. We're talking about a dead ship.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2010, 04:18:27 pm »

Salvage any parts from the derelict.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2010, 04:50:50 pm »

edit:

You could be a summoner character. Some sort of semi-human who had his soul consumed by 4chan and TvTropes.

(throws detergent ball)

sounds good!

Name: Mitch
Race: Warped human
Skills: summoner (meme's and tropes etc)
Equipment: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage
Description: In an accident involving an incredibly lame pun and over 9000 skittles Mitch was terribly injured and left in a coma, while unconcious the "net" had a glitch causing him to merge with the databases of tvtropes and somehow attracted meme's to himself. after waking 2 months later he found he could call some meme's and tropes into being, usually they did his bidding, sometimes they chose to do their own thing.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:54:24 pm by Typoman »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2010, 04:53:38 pm »

Said "internet lore" is real in this universe, as well as a bunch of other fictional continuities. You could, if you wanted, ask Weegee to give you Weegee-stare powers (better have a charisma boost if you're going to try though).
Your first task.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2010, 06:07:54 pm »

edit:

(throws detergent ball)

sounds good!

Name: Mitch
Race: Warped human
Skills: summoner (meme's and tropes etc)
Equipment: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage
Description: In an accident involving an incredibly lame pun and over 9000 skittles Mitch was terribly injured and left in a coma, while unconcious the "net" had a glitch causing him to merge with the databases of tvtropes and somehow attracted meme's to himself. after waking 2 months later he found he could call some meme's and tropes into being, usually they did his bidding, sometimes they chose to do their own thing.

Okay, you and that Knight guy are going to pop in at the next world-switch. Or maybe slightly before, since I don't want to deny you the awesome stuff available to you as a TOAST employee. Maybe have the gods teleport you in right before the big battle with the level boss.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2010, 08:17:00 pm »

Go back to the Jefferson, and begin extensive scans of the area.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73