Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72664 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2010, 05:59:32 pm »

I'll program the Jefferson to support DWIM(Do What I Mean) command entry, so that typos will never cause accidental results like deleting every file rather than just a few.
Eh?
Eh!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2010, 06:44:28 pm »

So you know, my action is more of a check out how well it handles/what weapons are on.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2010, 07:01:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inteuniso: 6 (Abeo has obviously blessed the ship.)
You attach the device to the van. However, attaching just one device at a time is NEVER enough. NEVER.
You make two more of those snap-in turrets and attach mini-EAGLEs to them, then put them on the remote drone. You gut an implant booth and wire it up to the ship's pods, allowing them to be used to add and upgrade implants. Figuring out the internal workings of a healing booth, you make a remote healing turret which you attach to the ship. You also attach a construction computer, a weapons dispenser, a library computer, and a teleportation apparatus (linked into the navigation computer, can only teleport people and mid-size cargo).
You manage to injure your finger attaching a turret.

Frelock: 5

You do so, and get into the ship. This thing has come quite a long ways since it was constructed about half an hour ago.

Dragnar: 2

Nothing happens.

ExKirby: 1

You fail to find anything of the sort, and stub your toe.

Sensei: 3

You order your mecha to turn into a fighter that can attach to the Jefferson. It complies, but you don't think it can detatch in The Void without it's own entry apparatus.

Qwertyuiopas: 3+1 (because of science officerness)

You look over the ship's computers, and add some context sensitivity and sanity checking to them. (+1 to controling the ship's computers).

Tehstefan: 6

You begin a thurough examination of the ship's systems. Considering you built it, there is now no corner of the ship that you do not know. The whole thing is pretty exciting, and the capability of the ship gives you a great feeling of confidence. (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular).

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the TI Military Center.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword. In the TI Military Center.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TI Military Center.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captian of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword. Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the TI Military Center.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TI Military Center.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
Driving a transforming mecha.

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). In the TI Military Center.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+1 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement). Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TI Military Center.
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "enegy deflector shield", a VSP-grade hyperdrive, a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote enviromental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, and a transporter.

Text:

Inteuniso enters the coordinates that NUKM gave into the Jefferson's navigation computer. Everyone gets into their pods, and the ship takes off.
The void entry device switches on, and the ship melts through the ground into the blackness. The void scanner comes on, and projects a series of dots a few meters in front of the ship. Tehstefan guides the ship along its course, then turns on the hyperdrive. The inertial compensator removes the jolt of accelleration, but the engines are making a lot of noise, and the speedometer reads a speed far faster than that of light...
ETA: 2 turns.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2010, 07:32:26 pm »

I'll test my various new modules, particularly the stasis and cloak modules.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

Think of ways to improve the ultravan. Maybe some sort of Liquid Schwartz.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2010, 08:11:47 pm »

Hehheheheh. If only you knew the secret of TOAST (Hint, look very closely at the timeline).
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2010, 08:39:55 pm »

"Some technology is created and then lost."

Accidentally created the enemy?

Regardless, an action:
Maintain the computer systems, ensuring that nothing breaks.

Not exciting, but in-character, and if unexpected events occur during the next turn, it might help a bit.
Eh?
Eh!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 25, 2010, 08:48:58 pm »

Hehheheheh. If only you knew the secret of TOAST (Hint, look very closely at the timeline).

...TOAST is on Planet Spaceball?

Anyways, I'm not seeing much in the timeline other than history. Even the history seems somewhat random. The Ultima Weapon sounds pretty damned strong though,  and it was used before NUKM or Cronus. Should we beware?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 25, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »

Looking through the history, I find the "Awesome Portal project fails." entry extremely funny. Also the only thing I can ever think of when I hear "ultima weapon" is FF6.
"My name is Atma...... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos. Feeble creatures, GO!"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2010, 09:24:49 pm »

Looking through the history, I find the "Awesome Portal project fails." entry extremely funny. Also the only thing I can ever think of when I hear "ultima weapon" is FF6.
"My name is Atma...... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos. Feeble creatures, GO!"

That's where I got the name. Never actually played any of the games though.

Another hint: The hint isn't in the words themselves.

EDIT:

About the Ultima: One of the original ideas for this section did involve it (the one with the time limit), but this isn't it. And yeah, the Ultima is pretty damn powerful. It's based on the same technology as the healing booth and your phasers.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:27:48 pm by Schilcote »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:49 pm »

Hack into everyone else's implants so I can always receive biometric, positional, visual and audio signals from all party members.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:14:56 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »

Hack into everyone else's implants so I can always receive biometric, positional, visual and audio signals from all party members.

Ship's computer already has all that information. You can link your implant into it.

With the guys who got the millitary and tactical+ implants, you can even show little graphics on their implant screens.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:57:28 pm by Schilcote »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2010, 01:14:41 am »

Sweetness.

Hack into the ship's systems and gain administrator privileges.  Then see if I can't optimize the programming a bit.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #343 on: April 26, 2010, 01:24:22 am »

Grab my toe, hop around and say some sweary words, then repeat my action.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2010, 01:30:41 am »

Or you could just ask for administrator privileges. Not that hard.

In any case, work on my telekenesis. safely.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 73