Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72662 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2010, 06:48:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ExKirby: 5 (I would have preferred if you had made a slightly more spesific request...)

You examine the archive computer. It gives you a basic timeline history of TOAST.

NOTE: Data >clearance filtered.

The original Void Ship Project is begun, but does not proceed anywhere due to a lack of technology, as well as opposition from luddites.
TOAST Industries Transport System (then known as Schil's Internal Transport System) is invented.
TOAST Industries founded
TOAST VSP is begun and again stagnates. Some technology is created and then lost.
Awesome Portal project fails.
Ultravan V1 project fails.
TOAST VSP 2 is begun, this time with a focus on light void instead of dark. It shares the same fate as its predecessors.
TOAST produces the Ultima Weapon. Small-scale tests begin.
First and only full-scale Ultima Weapon test. Seriously injures all present for hundreds of miles.
Ultravan is dug up from archive data. Very basic operation is completed.
TOAST Millitary Products branch is opened. 
TOAST Industries Automated Sub-Orbital Laser Nuke Turret is completed.
TOAST Ageis V1 is created.
TOAST Ageis V2 is perfected, instead of creating a sphere of complete anhilation for projectiles, it is now capable of determining which projectiles are fired by the host system, and only destroys enemy fire.
The existence of Cronus is revealed to the public.
NUKM is hypothesized.
TOAST creates the EAGLE and the Grappling Hook.
Serious consideration is given to the construction of NUKM.
Many advances in science are made by TOAST.
Design and construction begins on NUKM.
Voidsight is hypothesized.
Personal Voidsight project fails.
Ship-mounted Voidsight project is completed.
The first true Void Ship is created, based on the standard Mermaid hull.
NUKM is created.
TOAST implant technology is created.
Numerous inventions and technological advances are made by TOAST Industries.

There isn't much else on the computer that is of much interest. A lot of it is above your security level, and most everything else is information about various TOAST sites.

Qwertyuiopas: 3

In the Ultravan, you create a teleporting thing. That's about the best way to describe it, really.

tehstefan: 3

You wonder about all the wonderous TOAST technologies that you will have access to now that you have a higher security clearance.
(You have the same options available to you as ExKirby.)

Frelock: 3

You make a couple drones. They don't seem to have come out quite right though. Making large amounts of stuff really is quite a stretch, even for an experienced reality hacker. It's more intended for making small changes in the enviroment to get the wanted results.
They fade from existance for some reason.

Dragnar: 5

You add a few TOAST Industries devices to your mining equipment that you swiped off of the junkpile. They become stronger.
(Mining equipment got a +1 enhancement)

Inteuniso: 6

After the ship lands, you set to work on further adding upon the Jefferson's systems. Constructing some more of those snap-in turrets, you get Tehstefan to procure some "NANO-EAGLEs" from the weapon dispenser and install them. You also attatch a "VSP-grade inertial compensator (hyperdrive compliment)" (allows standing up on the Jefferson, even when accelerating or decelerating without being tossed around). You upgrade the flight system to allow hovering in the air and VTOL (by making the main wing rotate). You also attatch a "Super communicator module", some sort of remote-control enviromental probe, an "experimental energy deflector shield" (which you link to the same control systems as the Ageises), and a "all-in-one life support module (can support up to 500 personel indefinitely!)". This thing is pretty darn awesome.

Sensei: 5

While the others drive off in their new ship, you volunteer to take mass transit. The transport apparatus arrives, very suddenly. You get in, and wait for it to take off... WOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHHHHH....
After an incredibly exuilarating ride, you land at Station 5, a few seconds before the Jefferson gets there.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the TI Military Center.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword. In the TI Military Center.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Ultravan (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TI Military Center.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword. Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the TI Military Center.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TI Military Center.

Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
Driving a transforming mecha.

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). In the TI Military Center.

Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Chief Science Officer (+1 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement). Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TI Military Center.

Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "enegy deflector shield", a VSP-grade hyperdrive, a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", and a remote enviromental probe.

Text:

Everyone enters the millitary center. NUKM comes out of his little cubicle. "Allright everyone. The scanners show you've jury-rigged a decent almost void-capable ship by yourselves." He hands Inteuniso a small device. "Attatch that to your ship, it'll allow you to enter the void. I've uploaded the coordinates for your target to your implant. Good luck."
He exits.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2010, 07:35:39 pm »

So I guess we can get our new implants now from the ship's pods? If so, I'll take:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
In that order of priority.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »

I'll take some more implants.

TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5

Attach void-entry device to the van. Man all the guns, and prepare for any combat.

LET'S GO LUDICROUS SPEED!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:37:45 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2010, 09:07:06 pm »

So I guess we can get our new implants now from the ship's pods?

No, but there's nothing stopping Inteuniso from welding... well... since he's got a mechanics +1 and a +1 because he's the chief engineer, there's really nothing stopping Inteuniso from attaching just about anything to your little spaceship. So you could very well get implants on-board, just not without attaching an implant booth. Actually, taking an implant booth, a weapon dispenser, and a construction computer might be a pretty good idea. Or just take the parts from an implant booth and wire them into the ship's pods.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2010, 09:10:15 pm »

Alright, well then, let me try this;

REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Modify my implants so that they can all work together at great range (ie scanning cameras anywhere).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:00 pm »

Well, since it appears getting implants doesn't take an action(plus it apparently needs done before we leave) I'll take these:(same ones as before)
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3

and then pray for CERTUS's blessing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »

and then pray for CERTUS's blessing.

Why him, in particular? Seems like Abeo would be the one you should be worried about. :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »

His description interests me. Mainly because it is vague, and I won't stand for that! I must know what he does!

Unless of course I could get really meta-gamey and ask abeo to hack random.org to always give me 5s...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2010, 09:50:34 pm »

His description interests me. Mainly because it is vague, and I won't stand for that! I must know what he does!

Well, I suppose you could say he's the god in charge of making things be what they are supposed to be. I have a tendency to name AIs after latin words. I think he's based on the latin translation for definition. He makes things definite. What separates a can of tuna from an ocean? They're both just subatomic particles arranged in certain ways. He looks after that sort of thing.

EDIT:

And yeah, since Abeo is the god of chance, a "blessing of Abeo" could give you unconditional roll bonuses. He manipulates the odds in your favor. The main problem is that he really doesn't give a damn what happens to humanity; the whole point of his existence was to keep things from getting too easy. Still, if he decides that he wants to be on your side, you'll have a very powerful ally (at a cost, no doubt). He's the closest thing this universe has to an "evil deity".
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:53:44 pm by Schilcote »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2010, 09:59:18 pm »

Transform my mecha into a fighter ship that attaches to the Jefferson.

I'll take T4 Flight, Hidden Entity, Sensor, Remote Viewing, Standard Mil, and Targeting. King of Lenses sees all.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 24, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »

Well, certus still sounds more interesting. I'm not quite sure how manipulating the "definition" of things would work, but it will certainly be unusual. I like to play characters with strange or interesting powers in RPGs, I might not be very strong most of the time, but my characters can do things no one else can.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 24, 2010, 10:08:35 pm »

Hey, Certus is my deity(since turn 4).  I plan on making a small shrine for him in my Hacker Cave when I get it.  Go get your own.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2010, 02:18:02 am »

I take these implants

TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3

And then as for weapons, take the most pistol like one, that does the most damage as a pistol. Then proceed to practice working the jefferson. As captain, I need to know my ship!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2010, 03:50:39 am »

Say "Took ya long enough", then see if I can get any droid bots for my ground forces. Paint them red if I can.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2010, 03:06:41 pm »

I'll take T4 Flight, Hidden Entity, Sensor, Remote Viewing, Standard Mil, and Targeting. King of Lenses sees all.

I'm not totally sure how I want to set things up, but taking a millitary implant might exclude you from getting R&D implants further down the line. Just saying.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 73