Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72636 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »

I drill my way through the barricade with my mining tools.
Do you have pain receptors in your drill? Just wondering (evil laugh).
Why would anyone give a robot pain receptors? Sure, it would need a system to detect damage, and the AI would want to avoid damage as much as possible, but actual pain would be a massive design flaw due to pain negatively impacting performance short-term. Besides, the tools are in my inventory, not part of me.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2010, 12:16:48 pm »

Need an action from ExKirby. One from Inteuniso would be nice too.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2010, 12:29:34 pm »

Say "thanks", then look for rifles, an upgrade chamber or similar, and a history book. And a toilet.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2010, 01:07:35 pm »

The turn is taking a while. Not because I'm having trouble writing it, but because it is so epic.

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 2

You approach the barricade, and take out your drill. A turret shoots it out of your hand! Roll to dodge: 1. Roll to avoid damage: 1 Correction, it shoots your hand off with the drill in it!
Hand removed! (-1 to manual dexterity)

ExKirby: 4

Looking around in the armory, you examine the implant booth first. Deciding to give this TOAST implant technology a try after all, you bring up the menu with your implant. You see the following options:

TI BASE IMPLANT 5 (!!)
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5 (!!)
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
TI CLOAK 4
TI INTANGIBILITY 5
TI TACTICAL SCANNER 2
TI WEAPONS INT. 3
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI STASIS 3
TI ITEM MAGNET 3

There is also a weapons dispenser here. The menu for it reads:

TI "PHASER" DIRECTED RAD/PRESSURE 5
TI MINI-EMP 5
TI NANO-EAGLE 5
TI BEAMSWORD 2
TI FORCER GRAPPLE 5
TI "GRAPPLING HOOK" 3
TI "BRASS KNUCKLES" 4

There is also a library computer, which has a user-friendly interface. You decide to begin by having the high-priority (!!) implants installed.

Oh, and a toilet. You wonder when the last time you ate or drank was anyway.

Frelock: 3

You lay down some TI "Minibombs". They're hooked up to a remote detenator.

Sensei: 1

You bang your head on the barricade.
Mild headache (roll for -1 penalty to all actions)

Tehstefan: 5

You slide into your new, much more comfortable captain's chair. Frackin' awesome. The whole thing reminds you of a really old television show...
You feel mildly afraid of some of the modifications you made. Perhaps ignoring all of those warnings wasn't the best idea. There don't seem to be any immediate consequences though, and the whole system seems to be rather content with its state.
You decide that you should assign some ranks around here. You make Qwertyuiopas science officer, Inteuniso chief engineer, and Frelock chief medical officer. Everyone seems to be happy with their lot.

Qwertyuiopas: 4

You take a gander at the ultravan's sensors and computer system. It seems that Tehstefan made far more modifications than were immediately apparent. The van looks positively spaceworthy.
Tehstefan labels you Science Officer.
Novice Science Officer(+1 to... scienceing.)

Inteuniso: 6

You look at the van's new systems. You feel a great sense of pride in knowing that you helped cobble this contraption together, and resolve to framiliarize yourself with every aspect of the machine.
After looking over and tinkering with every single part of the Ultravan, you feel like you could probably fix anything that could possibly break on this machine.
Tehstefan labels you Chief Engineer.
Novice mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Chief Engineer of the ______ (+1 to working with the Ultravan's systems)

It occurs to everyone that the Ultravan probably needs a name now that you've customised it so much.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Ultravan (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the TI Millitary Center.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
Driving a transforming mecha.

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Chief Science Officer (+1 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant
Hand severed (-1 to manual dexterity)

P.S. This turn contains another one of my very subtle hints. Just incase you didn't notice. Because it's so subtle. And you can't name the Ultravan Enterprise or Roscinante, because that would cause problems.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:26:14 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2010, 01:28:28 pm »

I vote we name the ship Glazedcactus the Doom-Bringer of Blood

Blow up bombs, heal Dragnar
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:15 pm »

If I have infinite boosts, take ALL OF THEM. If I don't take ones with hints of stealth or manipulation taking priority. And flight. Flight takes priority. I also take a beam sword and a Forcer Grapple.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2010, 01:39:40 pm »

If I have infinite boosts, take ALL OF THEM. If I don't take ones with hints of stealth or manipulation taking priority. And flight. Flight takes priority. I also take a beam sword and a Forcer Grapple.

I'll say you have room for 6. Nice even number.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2010, 01:44:32 pm »

I say we name the Ultravan The Starship Tehstefan! just kidding.

get my men into the ultravan, then proceed to arm it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »

I suggest you call it the Starship Jefferson.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2010, 02:59:33 pm »

Ugh, I can't seem to gain any useful skills whatsoever! :-\

I reattach my hand and use the hidden entity detector to search for anything strange about the fortification.

By "subtle" hint I would guess you mean that we will be heading into space to take out the master chip? Presumably in the newly improved ultravan?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:51 pm »

By "subtle" hint I would guess you mean that we will be heading into space to take out the master chip? Presumably in the newly improved ultravan?

That was last turn, and I explicitly told you. But yes, you will be going into The Void to take out the Master Chip. The "hint" I'm talking about will come into effect later. I guess it really was subtle. :P

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:11 pm »

If there will ever be a point for a new character to jump into the story I'd love to.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2010, 03:30:22 pm »

If there will ever be a point for a new character to jump into the story I'd love to.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

I'll consider you... welcome to the forums.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2010, 03:33:38 pm »

I'll consider you... welcome to the forums.

Yeah, long time lurker, short time poster :)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:03 pm »

I'll figure out(using whatever scanners are on the was-ultravan), what sort of weaponry the barricade has, and how to neutralize it without causing much any damage to other things.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 73