Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72616 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2010, 06:49:03 am »

Hmm...

Well, it only said any contraption, so I'll walk up to it, but if it aims toward me, retreat back out of range.
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2010, 10:13:31 am »

darn, qwertyuiopas got to the obvious plan first... is an invisibility cloak available from the construction computer?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2010, 11:27:13 am »

OH YES. Not what I wanted exactly, but I'm pretty sure I can come back here later.

Nod to the NUKM, then follow. If I can see my friends through, say, some glass, shoot, and get them to follow.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:47 pm »

I could just hack it, but that would be unoriginal.

Another thing I noticed; it only attacks things that get near it; not necessarily anything that attacks it.

Get a forcer cannon, synthesize explosive shells, and commence bombardment.

Also, Schilcote, it would appear that in the new forum format, you can't have [spoiler=stuff] tags.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:48 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2010, 02:58:54 pm »

We should make a car, and let me drive it. I can drive like a madman! Meanwhile, see if I can't build a motorcycle.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2010, 03:13:21 pm »

Also, Schilcote, it would appear that in the new forum format, you can't have [spoiler=stuff] tags.
Actually you can(as demonstrated by Exkirby) Schilcote just has a typo in the turn. It says "spolier".
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2010, 01:34:21 am »

Interesting, then, by experiment of my post above, you are now always required to have a [/spoiler] tag on the end.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2010, 12:08:41 pm »

darn, qwertyuiopas got to the obvious plan first... is an invisibility cloak available from the construction computer?

There's ways to make yourself invisible, but they don't work on contraptions.

EDIT:

Normally, I'd wait for everyone to post their turn, but I'm bored and feeling creative.

TURN 18:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 5

You inspect the construction computer, and notice a "cloaking device". You select it, and the machine constructs it. It is a device that looks similar to the forcer cannon, but the button is on the other side. You press the button, and you notice that you have become completely invisible.

Qwertyuiopas: 4

You walk up to the barricade. Nothing reacts to your presence, but it appears that there is no way around it.

Frelock: 2

You seem to be having trouble making anything that can explode reliably.

ExKirby: 5 (I forget what I wanted the NUKM to do...)

You follow the NUKM into a large building, which your implant refers to as "TOAST Millitary Centre". He points one of his arm-discs at a sensor next to the door, and it opens. Inside the building is a large screen that takes up a whole wall. On it is a strange looking image that appears to be a representation of the surrounding area. The NUKM tells you about the current situation... (see bottom of post)

Tehstefan+Inteuniso: 6&3

Tehstefan attempts to construct some sort of vehicle. Instead of a motorcycle, he decides to use the Ultravan as a base. Inteuniso carries parts from the junk pile while Tehstefan attatches them to the ultravan. The first thing he attatches is a "VSP-Grade HyperDrive Module" Ignoring the warning labels (namely, "do not attatch to terrestrial vehicle!"), he wires it up to a button on the inside of the vehicle and the turbo control. He then attatches a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner", along with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade". He wires these up to another button. Two "Ageis V3 Prototypes", 4 "TI KintetIC Killing ASsiStants" (Big fist shaped thing), two "Laser machine guns", 2 "Phaser(targeted rad/pressure emmiter)s", a "TI tractor/stasis beam", and a "TI Advanced Navigation/Targeting System (+VSP upgrade)", and he's finished. W00t.
Tehstefan gets Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles). Inteuniso gets Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff).

Sensei: 4

Sensei examines the fortification blocking the hallway. It appears to be heavily armed. There dosn't appear to be any way around it, you're going to have to destroy it. You mark the vulnerable-looking pieces of it in your mind (+1 to attacks against it).

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the TI Millitary Center.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
Driving a transforming mecha.

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

The NUKM tells ExKirby about the current situation. "You've met Cronus. That was only part of him that we destroyed. The Master Chip will just keep cranking out drones until it's destroyed. I can deal with the drones, the Master Chip will activate a sh**load of them when it gets smashed but I can take care of that. What I can't do is take out the Master itself. The TI military usually boards a VSP vessel and goes out and blows it up, but something took them out. I registered their deaths and the destruction of their ships." ExKirby asks about VSP. "VSP is the Void Ship Project. TOAST is divided into three groups, R&D, Military, and VSP. The Void is the space outside the map. It's infinite in size, which makes it an attractive asset, but it isn't easy to survive out there. VSP revolutionized void tech a few years ago with the Voidsight implant, which does what you might expect it to do. It paved the way for the first real Void Ship. It was a simple rig, just a Mermaid with a rangercam bolted on, but it was an enormous step forward. Cronus hides its Master Chip in the Dark Void. Nothing could get to it, that is, until VSP came along." NUKM points to a doorway marked "Armory". "I've elevated your security clearance to level 4, that should get you access to the better guns and implants. Your friends are taking the entrance exams, they'll be out in half an hour or so. In the meantime, familiarize yourself with TOAST technology and history, and get some new weaponry and implants. There's a library computer over there." The NUKM steps into a large box labeled "NUKM Storage/Transport/Repair", and the door to it shuts.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:18:21 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2010, 07:12:04 pm »

DESTROY ZEE WALL!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »

Well, if it doesn't react to us or our equipment, I drill my way through the barricade with my mining tools.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2010, 07:32:27 pm »

I drill my way through the barricade with my mining tools.

Do you have pain receptors in your drill? Just wondering (evil laugh).

That sounds dirty...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2010, 07:42:32 pm »

Whoo, I get into my ultravanness, and then see what kind of stuff I can do. Don't approach turret, yet.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2010, 09:12:43 pm »

See if TI can help me get some explosives, and lay them next to the barricade.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73