Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72623 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2010, 01:02:19 pm »

If you want minions, you can have one of my recon bots, and I could whip up some more when we get the time.

Actually, what I think I'm going to do is combine your two actions under collaboration rules (you hack the robots, he takes a few). This means that there's twice the chance of suceeding, so I think letting him do that is a good idea :P
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2010, 01:12:53 pm »

*primes HADOKEN!*

AKA, TURN OR I CHANGE MY ACTION TO LASER YOU!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2010, 01:44:21 pm »

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

dragnar: 6

Using the scrap, you create a whole bunch of EMP grenades, and toss them! They seem to be a little bit too effective thoagdsfgsdlfghljhwhhhrrr

Qwertyuiopas: 1

Taking inspiration from the lift Frelock attained in the first chamber, you attempt to devise a system to deliver high-velocity objects to the enemy. You are about to activate it, when suddenly the actuated portion of it starts flying around the room! Roll to dodge: Qwerty: 4 Frelock: 5 Inteuniso: 4 Dragnar: 5 Tehstefan: 5 Sensei: 4 Enemy Bots: 2
Everyone dodges perfectly... with the exception of the enemy, who have been heavily stunned by Dragnar's grenades! They are tossed around the room, mostly unharmed but quite dazed. The humanoids have fallen over and are having trouble getting up.\

inteuniso: 1

You cut yourself on some porcelain. The heal booth fixes it.

Sensei+Frelock 6&5:

Sensei examines the bots, and uses what information he has gleaned from examining TOAST technologys to help Frelock disable and convert the bots. A success! Four of the humanoids get up and walk over to you, acting in a friendly manner... But wait... what's happening... The cubular bots are arranging into a giant mecha!

Tehstefan: 4

You examine the Ultravan's controlls and mechanisms, and gain some knowledge of how TOAST technology is operated (novice driver, +1 to operating vehicles).

ExKirby: Fate point used!

Ignoring the insane pain in all parts of your body, you focus all your will on repairing yourself. Bits of metal fly from the surrounding area! Your bones reassemble, and merge with the metal scraps. You stand up, and look for NUKM and the enemy robot, but they are out of sight. You climb to the top of a building, stomp on it, and claim it for your pepole. Nothing happens, but you feel pretty damn awesome.

Enhanced enhanced bone structure: +3 to resist damage.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. At the base of a large building, somewhere...
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

NPCs:

Hacked robots:

They stare at Sensei and Frelock in awe. And the massive mechanical monstrosity that is assembling itself at the end of the corridor.

NUKM:
Not visible.

Cronus:
Not visible.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2010, 01:54:39 pm »

Erm... Normally I wouldn't correct a Game Mod, but seeing as I used a Fate Point, I think I have rights to here. The Building should've sunk into the ground and popped up Orangey Red as proof of ownership.

Thank the gods, then dive down and give the NUKM to go all in against the Cronus

Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2010, 02:38:24 pm »

The Building should've sunk into the ground and popped up Orangey Red as proof of ownership.

A fate point works on ONE action. Anyway, you can't just go around capturing buildings, just like Dragnar can't teleport them in from Protossia or wherever.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2010, 02:43:16 pm »

Meh. In which case, I TRY HARDER TO CAPTURE. Damnit, if I'm from Advance Wars, THERE WILL BE ADVANCE WARS CAPTRUING.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:31 pm »

Couldn't that wait until we're in an enemy building? There isn't much advantage to be gained from capturing an ally's stuff.

Active self repair routines! Hopefully I roll well enough to actually have some...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2010, 03:32:50 pm »

I just wasn't sure what the Giant mecha was going to do.

I practice picking up things with my mind.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:35:41 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2010, 03:34:33 pm »

walk out to everyone, see if there is anything to shoot, that is threatening us.

Read Frelock+Sensei's turn.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2010, 07:25:52 pm »

Actually, the building that gets squished is a representation overlayed over the building, while the original remains unchanged, until success, when it changes colour. plus I don't want to be squished if it does shrink temporarily

Eh?
Eh!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2010, 07:31:06 pm »

Toady quoted you? Pretty sweet, bro.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »

Sensei, you get to drive the mecha.  I call the robots as my eyes and ears once I get my hacker cave.

Proceed to the next testing room, accompanied by the robots.  If Mecha is hostile, hack/modify it to recognize Sensei as its driver.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »

I VILL PILOT ZEE MECHA!

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2010, 01:27:06 am »

Couldn't that wait until we're in an enemy building? There isn't much advantage to be gained from capturing an ally's stuff.
Ah, but the building is not Orangey Red, so therefor, IT'S AN ENEMY.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2010, 06:00:53 am »

Ah, but the building is not Orangey Red, so therefor, IT'S AN ENEMY.

Suddenly, a colorer beam emanates from the sky, and strikes the building! It turns orangey-red!

TURN 17:

[spolier=actions]
ExKirby: Thank the gods, then dive down and give the NUKM to go all in against the Cronus
Dragnar: Active self repair routines!
tehstefan: I practice picking up things with my mind.
Frelock: Proceed to the next testing room, accompanied by the robots.  If Mecha is hostile, hack/modify it to recognize Sensei as its driver.
Sensei: I VILL PILOT ZEE MECHA!
Inteuniso(GM'd): Drag Dragnar over to the heal booth.
Qwertyuiopas(GM'd) Examine the Ultravan's computer systems.
[/spoiler]

ExKirby: 6

ORDO: "You sure that's a good idea?"
ANIMOS: "Why not? He seems to be adequately violent on his own."
ORDO: "But we aren't supposed to interfere with events..."
ANIMOS: "The universe is at stake. If the corruption spreads..."
ORDO: "I see your point... I approve."

You thank the gods for whatever just happened, then proceed to try to figure out where you came from. Suddenly, you find yourself flying accross the area! NUKM and Cronus are below. "Time to open up a can", you say, and NUKM nods in appreciation (apparently, time has slowed down or something). You manuver in midair and deliver a smashing roundhouse kick to the apparent head of the Cronus, so hard that you hurt your foot! It smashes against the ground and breaks! The rest of the Cronus drone clatters to the ground, without anything to hold it up.
(Blessing of Ordo: Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

NUKM asks you to follow him.

Dragnar: 5

Your scrambled brain resets, and you feel someone dragging you to the heal booth. Fried wiring and transistors "grows" back, almost like organic tissue.

tehstefan: 6

Experementally, you attempt to make your telekinesis module pick up a plate. It starts to swing around erratically, and you loose control! It strikes the mecha at high speed! It looks at you, and fires its weapons! Roll to dodge: 6 4 6 5. You jump into the back of the Ultravan before any of the energy projectiles can touch you.
(Novice kinesis-user: +1 to use of telekenisis module)

Frelock
: 5

The mecha is quite definitely hostile. You attempt to access its computer system, and although there dosn't seem to be any sort of real central control system, you manage to get it to shut down. The mecha rearranges itself to accomodate a driver.

Sensei: 5

You climb into the mecha, climbing the staircase that the cubes arranged themselves into. The mecha seems to shift shapes into whatever it needs to be...
You make the controlls work, and follow everyone to the next chamber.

Inteuniso: 5

You drag Dragnar over to the booth, and get in the van.

Qwertyuiopas: 6

You closely examine every detail of the van's internal electronics. You acertain that getting into the pods should have a similar effect to the healing booths, and that the consoles in the front can retrive very large amounts of information about the pod's occupants, as well as function as a communication device or a tactical display. You are so caught up in examining everything, you completely fail to notice everyone getting in and driving off. You bump your head and get into a pod, which repairs the injury (but slowly).

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. At the base of a large building, somewhere...
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
Driving a transforming mecha.

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

NPCs:

Hacked robots:

They follow everyone to the next chamber.

NUKM:
He heads over to one of the buildings.

Everyone enters the next chamber. Protecting the end of the corridor is a large fortification, which looks to be heavily armed.

"Make your way to the end of the corridor. The fortification is programmed to fire upon any contraption that gets close to it. Good luck..."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:41:33 am by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73