Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72600 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »

They're not turrets... they're robots... Robots that move and can get back up again. Or don't really care about your companion cube anyway.

I see noone has the sense to check out the weapon dispenser.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2010, 07:09:33 pm »

Actually, what am I thinking?

Hack into the robot control systems, and force the robots to turn on one another.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2010, 09:08:42 pm »

Actually, what am I thinking?

Hack into the robot control systems, and force the robots to turn on one another.

That's much better. :P

Of course, they might not be able to actually DAMAGE eachother (depends on rolls), but you might at least distract them enough to be able to evade them (or simply switch them off).
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2010, 09:28:44 pm »

(or simply switch them off).
That's essentially my plan, I'm hoping an EMP will trash their programming. The only flaw being that on a 6 I'll probably "switch" myself off as well... I might need carried to the other side of the room, or at least to one of the healing booths(which I would assume hope can deal with corrupt data as well as wounds).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2010, 10:16:04 pm »

If a better solution is requires, I *could* mess with gravity again, but then that solution would be getting a bit stale and uncreative. So, creating a contraption with a prop spawner to create ammo is a very "creat(e)"ive way to try to solve the problem. And it's almost guarenteed to utterly fail in the most catastrophic manner, and thats always Fun.

Edit: by mess with gravity, I mean "see if bullet recoil is enough to turn a room of robots into a room self-accelerating bouncing objects", but as mentioned, that wouldn't be a very creative solution since it's already been somewhat used before.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:17:44 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2010, 11:11:51 pm »

...I'm just confused now. There was a wall, in a closed room, which turned out to be a cliff, and one guy got outside somehow, and now there's a chasm and a van.

Can i get a recap?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2010, 12:09:24 am »

We got to the top of the wall. Then the next challenge was to pass a chasm. Now we have to bypass a lot of robots. Exkirby wandered off before any of this started.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 19, 2010, 06:06:59 am »

Can i get a recap?

Well...

Okay, first we arrived in Zork. Frelock decided he wanted to have awesome haxor powers so he had a chat with Sermo, while Sensei started glowing after a game with Risus. ExKirby shouted a bit, and Tehstefan found an illegible note written in blood. After that, everyone headed north and beat the tar out of a corrupted troll. Then you guys found yourself in the reception area of TOAST Industries, where a TIRE got you set up with employment and implants, and ExKirby wandered off to find the plot. The TIRE put you in the testing facility, and everyone got through chamber 1 (a big cliff) and 2 (a deep chasm). Now you're all in chamber 3, where a great number of hostile robots block your path.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2010, 10:54:49 am »

Actually, I think now would be a good time to pick upgrades for me.

Auto-Heal engadged!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2010, 11:39:45 am »

Actually, I think now would be a good time to pick upgrades for me.

Auto-Heal engadged!

You chose no implants. You'll just have to wait until you get back to the implant booths. :P
If you're lucky, someone might have noticed you and bring you over to one of the med booths...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2010, 11:43:25 am »

What about those fate points mentioned in the first post? He could probably use that to get to a med booth, no matter how improbable it may be.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2010, 12:32:43 pm »

What about those fate points mentioned in the first post? He could probably use that to get to a med booth, no matter how improbable it may be.

Ah, yeah, there's that. Though if you're going to use a fate point, you'd better think of something awesome. Like "use a TOAST factory to replace my shattered bones with carbon steel bars".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »

Oh yeah, Fate Point. Hmm...

I do the following. Some of which are probably given, but MEH to that.
  • Automatically Heal by WILLPOWER! And that other implant I mentioned earlier. And some loose metal.
  • Wake Up
  • Give the enemy robot my HADOKEN*!
  • Climb to the top of the building
  • CAPTURE.
[/b]

*MASSIVE LASER.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:13 pm »

Create plan- ideally one that gains me several robot minions. I MUST HAVE MINIONS!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2010, 02:10:43 am »

If you want minions, you can have one of my recon bots, and I could whip up some more when we get the time.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 73