Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72594 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2010, 01:37:48 am »

I want a flying nuclear tank.

Better work on raising your security level then. :P
Or I can just load the MEGATANK with nukes. Which I'll have acsess to.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2010, 06:24:59 am »

I want a flying nuclear tank.

Better work on raising your security level then. :P
Or I can just load the MEGATANK with nukes. Which I'll have acsess to.

Hmm... Well, don't forget to let a construction computer look at it before you leave...

EDIT:

Oh, also, if anyone wants to join, a summoner-type character might be a good idea.

HI BILLY MAYS HERE
ARE YOU ON THE BALL?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:49:28 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2010, 03:37:02 pm »

Ermm... actions?

Normally, you players would be pestering me for rolls, not the other way round.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2010, 10:29:43 am »

PESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTERPESTER
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2010, 10:39:17 am »

You mean there's been a full set of actions the full time (-Sensei but...)?

I guess I'll do the turn now.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2010, 10:55:37 am »

That explosion was clearly not big enough!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »

Looks like ExKirby absorbed all the bad rolls for you guys. Too bad what happened to him though (and Frelock can't heal him, he doesn't know he's hurt, and he can't work from that range)...

TURN IDUNNO:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

ExKirby: 1

I think not. You happen to get a bit to close to an unconstrained prop, and Cronus is still targeting you... Roll to dodge: 2-1(suprise attack)= 1! A massive steel block strikes you at near-relativistic speeds! Roll for damage avoidance: 1+1=2! Every bone in your body is broken, with the sole exception of your skull. You fly accross the area, striking a building. Roll for damage avoidance: 1+1=2 Every bone except your skull is broken AGAIN. Then you start falling. Then you stop, quite suddenly. Roll for damage avoidance: 1+1=2. Your bones are pretty much just bits of calcium by now, except for your skull, which by some incredible miracle (possibly involving your helmet) is mostly unharmed. Not that it'll do you much good now.
So much for that megatank.

qwerty: 5

You run up to the back wall, hit 0g, and jump off perfectly. Everyone claps as you then jump off of the ceiling, and land upon the other side of the chasm.

tehstefan: 2

You take a good look at the chasm. It looks to be approxamately 10 meters accross, plus or minus five. It's not really easy to tell, every surface looking pretty much the same down here... You fail to come up with any ideas for a way to cross.
You catch a ride with Dragnar in his van.

Frelock: 4

As Inteuniso sets up his forcer cannon, you tell the machine to build you a healing booth. It complies, and with Inteuniso's help (they're not as heavy as they look, but you're no heavyweight...) you carry the booth over to the cannon and put it in front. You decide that you'd be safer getting in the booth first and then launching it. As you enter the booth, a metal plate appears over the enterance, and you tell Inteuniso to press the button on the forcer cannon. You feel a very sudden accelleration, and your head slams against the side of the booth, leaving a bump that immediately disappears. The booth then appears to land, and you sustain more injuries that similarly disappear as soon as they are sustained. The door dematerialises and you step out triumphantly.

Dragnar: 4

You tell the construction computer to create an ultravan. It gives you a large rectangular prism with a hatch on one end and a windshield on the other. After figuring out the hatch's mechanism (it appears to be a bit glitchy), you step in. Lining the walls of the van are 10 pods similar to the ones you saw inside the implant boothes, and a multitude of screens. You make your way to the front of the vehicle, as a shower of sparks indicates that the flight upgrade has been installed. You get into the driver's seat, calling everyone without a ride to get into the pods...

Inteuniso: 5

You set up the forcer cannon, and then help Frelock carry his booth over to it. He tells you to push the fire button on the cannon, and the booth goes flying across the chasm.
You catch a ride with Dragnar.

Sensei: 3+1=4

After experimenting with the construction computer, you manage to attain some basic construction tools. You successfully build yourself a catapult, and launch yourself over the chasm. You land with only minor injuries, which are healed quickly by Frelock's booth.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. At the base of a large building, somewhere...
Enhanced bone structure (-1 to enemy damage roll)
Injuries: Left & right leg & arm, ribs: Completely shattered. In incomprehensible pain. Roll to resist pain: 2. You pass out.
Unconcious.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equippment. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Driving an Ultravan with flight module installed. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the end.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

NPCs:

NUKM:
Not visible.

Cronus:
Not visible.

Inteuniso and Tehstefan get into the pods on the walls of Dragnar's van. As it powers on, low-pitched static eminates from the floor around where the driver's seat is. As the machine starts to move, the pitch of the sound grows higher. After figuring out the controls of the van, Dragnar lines it up with the chasm, and activates the turbo. The static turns into a loud roar, and the van goes flying up and accross the chasm! Dragnar hits the airbrake, and everyone gets in the van to proceed through the wall...

The next chamber is a very long straight corridor, which is guarded by a large number of armed robots.

"These robots are programmed to attack without killing. If a near-fatal injury is inflicted upon you, you will be teleported to the beginning of the corridor fully healed. As before, construction supplies and computer are to your left, as well as a TOAST Industries medical booth and a weapons dispenser. Good luck."

P.S. The "tricorder" is pretty much the same thing as the Sensor implant. A lot of the implants have non-implant equivalents.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:20:43 pm by Schilcote »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2010, 01:08:23 pm »

HEAL THROUGH SHEER WILL, DAMNIT!

Hey, if you guys capture the base, you get free heals without actually doing anything!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2010, 01:10:39 pm »

Build a sink crossbow.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2010, 01:14:24 pm »

Describe the robots.  Are they like Portal's turrets, or something completely different?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2010, 01:25:20 pm »

Describe the robots.  Are they like Portal's turrets, or something completely different?

All sorts. A lot of them are best described as cubes with guns, and there's a few somewhat humanoids. It dosn't matter much what they look like, all you really need to know is that they can move around and shoot just as well as or better than any of you.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2010, 01:27:49 pm »

Ah, the moving thing was the big part; otherwise I would have just turned them towards the wall and walked right past them all.

Set up a forcer cannon again, and launch medical booths across to take out some of the robots.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:08:57 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2010, 01:37:24 pm »

How much firepower do these bots have?

I create several EMP grenades.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2010, 01:58:16 pm »

How much firepower do these bots have?

Not too much. Comparable to a human being with a submachinegun. There's a whole lot of them though, and they're physically tough. Combat isn't always the only solution...

HEAL THROUGH SHEER WILL, DAMNIT!

Hey, if you guys capture the base, you get free heals without actually doing anything!

I bet you could drag yourself to a medical booth by your teeth if you really wanted to. It'd heal you right up in a minute, doesn't matter what's wrong with you.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:46:46 pm by Schilcote »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2010, 03:59:45 pm »

Depending on how much Gmod is available,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If possible, wiremod control so that when activated(by a stationary button), it moves back and forth, launching cubes frequently.

The goal is to incapacitate all turrets, failing that, cover them completely to allow crawling/walking over them harmlessly.

I don't see how this could *possibly* fail... (Well, slider glitching, misalignment, weld breaking, accidental deletion, carelessly breathing in it's general direction...), but it is at least as stable as the average Gmod contraption.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73