Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72593 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2010, 01:36:22 pm »

Wait, am I waiting for an action from somebody?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2010, 01:47:40 pm »

Yes. Yourself.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2010, 03:20:24 pm »

TURN 13:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Inteuniso: 2

You try to make a turret, but you have no idea what you're doing. Maybe the company has some courses on basic construction that you can take? You catch a ride with Frelock up to the top of the cliff on his lift (taking your "fcr cnon" with you). Noticing Qwertyuiopas floating in midair, you grab him (first affirming that he can actually be grabbed) and pull him up onto the cliff.

Dragnar: 5

You float around a bit. The level zero implant is quite frankly a piece of s***, but with a little practice you can get where you want with it. You notice that it's quite over-responsive to steering maneuvers, and learn to correct for it (+1 to flying). You'll probably need a better implant to be able to do much more than float and slowly rise though.

Qwertyuiopas: 3

You try a little experiment with your gravity tool. You get a running start and jump towards the cliff. You don't quite make it on the first try, but Inteuniso helps you up from where you are.

ExKirby: 4

You fire on the odd robot, but your pistol shots simply bounce off of it's floating body. It is distracted however, long enough for NUKM to lock on with one of his arm discs that he's been trying to aim at the drone. All it's components freeze in place, and NUKM chuckles quitetly, as an arm with a beamsword extends from his side...

Frelock: 4

After letting Inteuniso on, you push the button on the console in the middle of your lift. It extends swiftly but gently up to the edge of the cliff, where you and Inteuniso help Qwerty up and join the others.

Sensei: 6

Feeling a bit of the TOAST Industries R&D Department spirit, you put on a pair of goggles and commandeer the construction computer and junkpile. Using a few of the volatile barrels Tehstefan decided to use, some of your trusty rope, and some large pieces of metal and plastic, you construct a giant mechanical hammer-like contraption! You stand in front of the buisness end, then tell Tehstefan to shoot at the barrels. He complies, and the hammer flies up and catapults you over the cliff! Roll for damage: 2. You arrive atop the cliff surprisingly unhurt.

Tehstefan: (free action)

Everyone follows Tehstefan over to the wall...

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the beginning.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the beginning.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Implants: Aim 0, Remote Camera 0

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the beginning.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Implants: Aim 0, telekinesis 0

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. Somewhere...
Enhanced bone structure (-1 to enemy damage roll)
Hoarse (-1 to command for 1 turn)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage). In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the beginning.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the beginning.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 2, near the beginning.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

NPCs:

NUKM:
He is lining up his beamsword very precicely for an attack on Cronus.
He appears to be in perfect working order.

Cronus:
He can't do very much at the moment...
He is frozen in place by NUKM's stasis field (that's exactly why he has one, if you were wondering)

Everyone follows Tehstefan over to the wall. Upon coming near it, everyone is teleported to another concrete room... In this room, the hallway is split in half by a deep chasm.

The computer voice comes on: "Excellent job. Frelock and Inteuniso received extra points for team effort.
In this chamber, you must cross the chasm without falling in. If you do fall in, you will be teleported to the starting end of this chamber. As before, a construction computer and supplies are to your left. Good luck..."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:22:55 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2010, 03:36:06 pm »

Damnit, I have a rifle you know!

Seeing as the NUKM wants to make bot sushi, I go find part of the roof of the building that I can get onto, then stomp on it.

If it works in Advance Wars, it'll work here. It may take me multipul turns, but it'll work.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2010, 03:49:25 pm »

I'll 0-g next to a wall, and then shove off it, across the gap.

Also, do you know the power of 0-g and telekenesis? *eventually*, we could move a planet! Actually, a planet would break from orbit, most likely....
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2010, 03:51:17 pm »

Damnit, I have a rifle you know!

It wouldn't make too much of a difference anyway. Pretty much the only thing that can get rid of Cronus is NUKM, and that's because he was originally designed to do so.

http://www.wiremod.com/forum/wiremod-general-chat/10931-cronus-ultimate-drone.html

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »

If possible, I'll have the construction computer build me several floating platforms, which I'll use to make a mario-like path over the gap. If That doesn't work, I'll grab some materials and get to work building a bridge.

How much, if any, of our character's abilities in their own worlds carry over to this? Apart from exkirby's rather insane attempts to convert our ally to our side(speaking or which, it could easily take 20 turns to capture- a "unit" takes two, and it's composed of 10 soldiers), it would be quite nice to be able to teleport in fully formed buildings, even if it does take a while before the building arrives.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2010, 05:04:20 pm »

It mainly depends on rolls and situations. For example, teleporting in an entire building would probably be too much, but abilities and items carry over. For example, if you were... A basic TOAST Industries drone. Obviously, I wouldn't let you ORBITAL LAZ0R NUKE everything you come across, but you can still use some of the more portable TOAST technologies, such as the ultrarvan (a big, fast, highly versatile vehicle that has a whole lot of applications and expansion packs) or a turret (mobile TOAST turrets are crap though...). Basically, abilities transfer sometimes and items transfer usually. I obviously can't let anything in that will drastically unbalance the game. If there's such a thing as a Protoss portable tent, I'd probably let you have one of those.

Also, the computer can only build things that it has blueprints for, and I don't think TOAST makes anything like that (your floating platforms I mean). Building a bridge won't get you many points (INNOVATIVE!). If you designed something yourself and showed it to it however, it'll figure out how to make more (as long as you have the parts...).

The ultravan has a flight attachment available...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2010, 05:47:13 pm »

I'll modify that blueprint, replacing the rest of the van with a large rounded board. I shall call this new blueprint... a hoverboard.(I'm real creative with names ain't I!)

The drone's main ability is to open rifts that bring pre-built constructs though shortly after being opened. Theoretically I could warp things off of a TOAST assembly line, but without access to a protoss homeworld actual protoss buildings would be unavailable... except pylons. I must always construct additional pylons. ;D

Qwertyuiopas: This. You must do it. It's a slow version of running on air that could easily be accomplished by your scriptgun.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2010, 07:54:46 pm »

I inspect how long the chasm is, then I get to work.

Just wondering, there are explosives, but are there any triggers? I might be able to rig up some sort of crude jetpack perhaps...
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »

I'll modify that blueprint, replacing the rest of the van with a large rounded board. I shall call this new blueprint... a hoverboard.(I'm real creative with names ain't I!)

It's flight, not hovering. Unless you expect your plate to be moving at high velocity at all times, it's not going to help you. All it is is a pair of wings. I was thinking you could just bring up an Ultravan with flight attatchment and everyone can jump in and zip accross.

I inspect how long the chasm is, then I get to work.

Just wondering, there are explosives, but are there any triggers? I might be able to rig up some sort of crude jetpack perhaps...

There might be something you can use to that effect. Depends on the rolls.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:37 pm »

Select Personal Transport

Get a forcer cannon, a medical booth, and a Tricorder (just to see what that is) Set the cannon at a pi/4 angle, and see if it can accelerate fast enough to launch the medical booth across.  If it can, then launch myself, and get into the booth to heal injuries that are sure to follow from such a procedure.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:41:41 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »

Select Personal Transport

Get a forcer lift, a medical booth, and a Tricorder (just to see what that is) Set the lift at a pi/4 angle, and see if it can accelerate fast enough to launch the medical booth across.  If it can, then launch myself, and get into the booth to heal injuries that are sure to follow from such a procedure.

A forcer lift is an actual lift- an elevator. You want the forcer CANNON, which Inteuniso just happens to be in possession of.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »

It's flight, not hovering. Unless you expect your plate to be moving at high velocity at all times, it's not going to help you. All it is is a pair of wings. I was thinking you could just bring up an Ultravan with flight attatchment and everyone can jump in and zip accross.
Well yes, but I might as well just fly over then. I want to finish this one with style. Oh well, at least it's practical and can get a lot of us over.

Create an ultravan and fly everyone I can over.

and a Tricorder[/b] (just to see what that is)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricorder

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2010, 10:17:20 pm »

I do? Deploy the forcer cannon next to the chasm.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 73