Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72562 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2010, 04:02:50 pm »

I don't know for sure, but can't you only capture enemy and neutral buildings, not allied buildings?
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2010, 04:25:10 pm »

Correct, though he seems to think TOAST is not our ally... Besides, without a CO around he wouldn't have much use for any of them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2010, 08:55:06 pm »

Okay... I build a rube goldberg contraption to launch me over the wall. Ducks may be involved.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2010, 09:42:33 pm »

Actually, due to the fact that there are healing booths that we can use, it *is* already on out team, not merely an ally.
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2010, 06:24:51 am »

Actually, due to the fact that there are healing booths that we can use, it *is* already on out team, not merely an ally.

Also, considering that your mission is to prevent a fate worse than death for the whole simulated universe, you'll find that a lot of people want to help you.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2010, 12:27:34 pm »

Actually, I can capture because the only enemy humans have left. The gang are allies, and robots don't count unless they come in the form of manned tanks/planes. And now I'm just gonna do a bit of mental maths...

20 divided by (6 of us * 2 because we're all unwounded -2 becuase the max is 10) makes 2, so it'll take me two turns to capture.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2010, 02:43:14 pm »

Actually, I can capture because the only enemy humans have left. The gang are allies, and robots don't count unless they come in the form of manned tanks/planes. And now I'm just gonna do a bit of mental maths...

20 divided by (6 of us * 2 because we're all unwounded -2 becuase the max is 10) makes 2, so it'll take me two turns to capture.

But the humans aren't enemies in the first place... Are you sure sentient robots don't count? And what happens if you "capture" a building?

P.S. Cronus is still shooting at you you know.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2010, 03:16:04 pm »

Well, it goes into the ground, comes back up as a red one, then all the civilians (read-bots) fall under control of my CO, Nell. We can also heal automatically in our own buildings.

I AM dealing with the enemy first!

Oh, and seeing as I class TOAST as enemies, then it's no problem for me.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2010, 03:41:20 pm »

We can automatically heal here... also, do not argue with the GM, it never ends well. If he says (duke)NUKM is on our side, disagreeing will get you killed, quick.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2010, 04:18:23 pm »

No, I like the NUKM, I'm attacking his *ahem* freind.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2010, 04:43:13 pm »

But you said you thought TOAST was the enemy. NUKM is a TOAST robot. the other robot has a different company logo on it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2010, 05:37:14 pm »

Plus, capturing only works on full cities, factories, airports, seaports, and CO buildings.

Thus, you would be capturing all of TOAST, and since they have freely available healing buildings that work for you already, it is evident that this "city" belongs to our team already. The closest we have to a CO is the AIs, so all that this proves is that TOAST is a minion of N levels of redirection of the great AIs that have given us our mission.

That, or this locality does not follow AW rules.

Now, if you want to defect, you could surely capture it yourself, but with so many robots ready(I assume) to dice you into countless tattered scraps at any time that they are ordered to(Hint: probably never, unless you become an enemy of TOAST), it would probably be best if you don't push too far on this.
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2010, 07:11:29 pm »

Declaring yourself an enemy of TOAST Industries will definitely get your arse kicked. Top three ways:

NUKM
The TOAST Industries Ultra Long Range High Accuraccy Atomic Exitation Turret (commonly referred to as the laser nuke)
TOAST's personal military.

Though with all the fragile fleshy things gone until NUKM is finished with the level boss, actually pissing off the TOAST computer systems would be surprisingly hard... though jumping around on rooftops and declaring that you claim a TOAST building might just annoy someone enough to forcefully volunteer you for extrasolar exploration duties... without a ship...

And yes, NUKM works for TOAST.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2010, 09:28:31 pm »

Take the Aim and Sight implant. Build an automated turret.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2010, 01:41:50 am »

Meh, anyone who heals me is an ally. Neut at the worst. I'm sorta thinking about leaving NUKM to deal with my target and leg it to capture.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 73