Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72563 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »

Lets see, he teleported me here without my permission, stuck a chip in my brain without permission, and if my logic is correct, he would've probably stuck me into a deathtrap without my permisdion.

Umm... God teleported you here. With permission I'd think. Anyway, he's gone. 0 out of twenty TIEMs, remember? And the chip in your brain (it's actually in your chest) is necessary to get in. The implant devices probably have a removal function too.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2010, 03:28:08 pm »

I'll take:
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 0
FLIGHT 0

Then head for the testing room.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2010, 03:36:01 pm »

Ah, he coildn't have got permission. All teleports need to be passed via the leader of the army, and even it has to go through me to be verified.

...Just find whoever has the highest authority beside me here.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »

REMOTE CAMERA 0
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 0

Obviously proceed, and while I do that, create a script that can alter the overall colour of an object(or color if the system uses that spelling), as a simple test. If possible, include alpha in colour.
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2010, 04:23:00 pm »

He's trying to find you. :D

Where are you right now? Did you leave the "welcome center"? If you're outside, I think I'll roll a spot check every so often...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:24:42 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:09 pm »

Heeeyyy, ask what the implants do, if the tire thing is still around.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2010, 01:50:51 am »

He's trying to find you. :D

Where are you right now? Did you leave the "welcome center"? If you're outside, I think I'll roll a spot check every so often...
I'm justbgoing where my instincts tell me to go. If that means being spotted, well, if they can see me they're within pistol range at the least.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2010, 12:33:35 pm »

Sensor and hidden entity detection. NOTHING ESCAPES MY GAZE!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2010, 12:39:10 pm »

Might post a turn soon. But first I must re-watch THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpjxWF7C6E

This too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRRJ6mMsVBc

TURN 11:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Frelock: 3

You follow the TIRE around a urban-looking enviroment, and then to a 10 by 10 by 10 meter cubicle. The TIRE indicates that you should enter...

Dragnar: 4

You follow everyone to the testing room and enter the cubicle...

qwertyuiopas: 5

You recreate the color tool, and decide to include material application as well. (fire at any object to set any color with alpha and/or material) Awesome.

tehstefan: 4

You ask the TIRE about implants, he tells you about them on the way to the testing area. (covered below)

ExKirby: 6

You look around. You don't need any damn technological BS to do recon, you got all you need at boot camp! Looking around, you notice a large, rectangular humanoid robot with the TOAST Industries logo on it's chest watching you from afar. It notices that you have noticed it. It appears to be very heavily armed, where it's arms would be are a series of discs with various implements on them, but none of the pointy things seem to be pointed at you...

inteuniso: 6 (I'll let you choose implants retroactively)

On the way to the testing area, you look around at the buildings. You notice that if you look at a plate above the enterances to these buildings, the name of the building appears on your HUD. You see the following buildings on the way:

Welcome Center (the building you just left)
Storage
High Sec. Storage (with a large locked metal door)
Automaton Storage
Bank
Information
Dormitory/Labs
Automaton testing

and finally, Applicant Testing, which is the building the TIRE instructs you to enter. You also notice some of the public utilities which you ask the TIRE about.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the TOAST implant booth area.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the applicant testing facility.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the TOAST implant booth area.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. Somewhere...
Enhanced bone structure (-1 to enemy damage roll)
Hoarse (-1 to command for 2 turns)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage). In the TOAST applicant testing facility.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with colormater). Location: TOAST applicant testing facility.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Location: TOAST implant booth area.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
(technically, modules... I don't quite know if I should have them be different, but I'll just assume you have the nearest equivalent available)

NPCs:

Unidentified TOAST robot:
He walks twoards ExKirby. All his arm-discs are aimed at the ground.
His status is unknown.

On the way to the test facility, Inteuniso notices some recurring objects, a red-colored booth similar to the implant boothes and a flat, transparent black plates, and asks the TIRE about them. "The red booth is a TOAST Industries Medical Booth. Enter it when you're hurt, and it'll heal any injuries within minutes. The black plates are stops for the... erm... TOAST Industries Transport System. Before TOAST it was called the ScHil Internal Transport System."
Tehstefan asks about implants. "The TOAST Industries implant technology was extremely important for TOAST in it's early days. The most important effect of it was it's usefullness for VSP... Anyway, the implants you were offered... The flight implant is a simple device, one of the first designs. It uses a forcer to propel it's user straight upwards. Automedical is based on some of the same technology used in the medical booths, it heals it's user slowly. The remote camera is another of the earlier ones, the version available to you a simple 0.5 16 resolution rangercam, which can be used for very rudimentary remote viewing. The sensor implant prints properties of an object you are looking at onto your HUD screen. The aim implant helps one aim with weapons and such things. The telekenisis implant lets one apply small amounts of force to objects without contacting them. The 0-level unit can only impart enough force to toss around a soda can though. The hidden entity detector is based off of the old TOAST Industries Hidden Entity Scanner, which finds various things that aren't plainly visible to the eye, or have properties that aren't apparent. There's a whole lot more of them, but your clearance level is pretty low. You'll probably get a higher level after going through the applicant testing course."
You arrive at a cubular building. "Here we are... step inside..."

As the last participant enters, the door shuts behind you. There's no way to open it from the inside. A voice eminates from a speaker on the ceiling, a human voice. "Hello test subjects! I am Schil, the founder of TOAST. This course will test your apitude to become a member of the TOAST workforce. You are invited to use any method you want to solve the problems presented to you, and innovative solutions get extra points. The computer will instruct you from this point on, press the button behind you to begin the testing. Good luck..."

After pressing the button, you all find yourselves in a concrete room. In front of you, there is a tall, steep cliff of concrete, above which you can see a corridor that leads to a dead end. At each end of the room, light eminates from no apparent place near the end wall, the light coming from behind you is green, the light at the end of the corridor is red.
The voice that greeted you when you entered this world speaks. "Please make your way to the opposite side of the room. Construction materials and a TOAST Industries Construction Computer are to your left."

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:55:27 pm by Schilcote »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2010, 03:55:42 pm »

Shoot the arms, try to avoid shooting the AI. I need info here.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:06 pm »

Are you completely suicidal? The gods sent us here to kill another of those abominations, not to destroy innocent corporations.

ScHil Internal Transport System.
I am not riding in that without very good reason.

In situations like this, the simplest solution is always best: Fly to the other side of the room, carrying someone without flight with me if I can.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:31 pm »

Are you completely suicidal? The gods sent us here to kill another of those abominations, not to destroy innocent corporations.

Not to mention that machine can send your dead body into orbit at a moment's notice.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2010, 05:27:27 pm »

Well, since others will surely be competing for construction resources, I'll just try to create another script, this one alters the percentage of normal gravity that effects the target object. Preferably having a range of at least 200% to -50%, a revert mode, and an affect self mode. Even better, if it can list the setting of the target object, but that would likely be simply asking for too much.

At the very least if it can toggle gravity, I could easily use it to let people jump up the wall like superman, only more of a steady glide than a supersonic blur.
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2010, 05:39:37 pm »

Not to mention that machine can send your dead body into orbit at a moment's notice.

...Hey, qwertyuiopas, think you can take one over when we are about to leave? ;D

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2010, 05:48:08 pm »

Interface my computer with the TOAST industries construction computer.  Poke around and see what I can do with it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73