Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72489 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 06:36:46 pm »

That's true.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2010, 06:40:28 pm »

Also, can anyone guess what the metal Mr. Boss Troll is made out of is? I originally thought I was going to allow a relatively short battle, a 5 hits and he's out sort of thing, but then you guys looked like you were preparing for a drawn-out battle, so I decided to oblige... :P
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2010, 09:22:48 pm »

Meh, I would guess Tritanium or Unobtainium, bit Digitium might be likely too.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2010, 07:02:42 pm »

Obviously I proceed to do the only thing I can do. =D
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2010, 08:10:19 pm »

Obviously I proceed to do the only thing I can do. =D

Party? Nah, I know what you mean.

Something I forgot to ask about:

We're going to be going to another world next. Now, where I've decided to go next you'll be able to pick up some very nice loot, but it'll be pretty tough. Or, I could send you to another, more calm world where you can have more time to get familiar with the game mechanics. If you think you've got a handle on everything you need to do and what this universe is all about, I'll just send you right to the big ol' pile of loot and evil robots (and what happens there will likely heavily influence what happens in the rest of the game), but if you need more time I can take you somewhere with a lot less combat and difficulty.

One of the ideas I have for the harder world has a time limit (or at least a very nasty event on a timer), what does everybody think about that?

Also, does anyone else drink vinegar? I don't think it's widely known as a beverage, but I think it's delicious.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2010, 08:25:05 pm »

I don't particularly care one way or the other, but I do have one thing to add: Time limits stink. Something bad happening after a while are fine, but simple "rocks fall, everybody dies" situations if you take too long aren't much fun.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2010, 08:45:07 pm »

Vinegar is an ingredient and sometimes a condiment (a few squirts of malt vinegar go great with cod!) However, I've never heard of drinking it straight, except by accident. It tastes disgusting alone.

Protip: Balance the challenge as things happen. You don't have to commit anything before the players have actually seen it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2010, 09:33:15 pm »

Multiworlds had that nuke... I think one of the players even tried and possibly succeeded in diverting it.

It was a time limit of a sort.
Eh?
Eh!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2010, 10:44:00 pm »

Yes, and we were literally 4 bad rolls away from being completely obliterated (there was a lot of redundancy in pushing the button to get out of there).  Not to mention Zako getting stuck in the elevator shaft, and andrea getting stuck in the stairwell, and a host of other things that could have gone wrong...

It was extremely frustrating, but I suppose, looking back on it, it was kinda fun.  Sean did give us something like 60 tuns to get out of there, so it's not like we didn't have time.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 07:15:53 am »

I'm going to try to write the turn now (with ExKirby on AI), but I probably won't have time...

TURN 7:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

inteuniso: 1+1 ('cause of the arm)

Brandishing your elvish sword, you charge at the massive metal troll! You attempt to stab it in the body, but the sword bounces off the metal only leaving a small cut. Luckily (for you), the troll is too distracted with what everyone else is doing to attack you. Perhaps you need more velocity?

tehstefan: 1

You fire on the beast! The bullet hits the body instead of the shoulder, and squishes against the metal. You've irritated the beast, he attacks! Roll to dodge: 2: Aughhh! 1:A
aghhhh!
 2: Aaaaughhhh! *wimper*. Your left leg is OFF, and you have deep wounds on your right leg and left arm. You can still shoot, but I don't think you can do much else...

Frelock: 5

You order the cells in the millitary man's arm to divide at a much higher rate, while providing energy. His arm closes right up! You gain experience (2 more 5s and level up)

ExKirby: 1

You run at the beast, preparing to shoot it in the face with your pistol, but it sees you coming and slams you against the wall with the blunt end of one of it's axe-arms. You think you have a broken rib.

Sensei: 4+1 X2

In an ADHD-fuled rage, you rush at the monster. It looks shocked at the insane rage of your attack, and is totally unprepared! Roll to attack: 6!

SHINY RAAAAEEEEGGGGG ATTACKKKKKKKKKK

You brandish your (shiny) knife and run at the (shiny) troll! You leap on to him with incredible speed and stab the knife straight through it's skull! Black goo shoots from the wound and covers the room!

Goo still spurting from the troll's punctured skull, you then proceed to kick and pry off the creature's limbs! More black goo shoots from the new wounds! He must have a hell of a lot of that stuff pressurized in him. He lets out one last gargling roar, and falls to the ground.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the Cellar.

Proficient in modifying, healing, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification & healing and +1 to synthesis at short range)
(2 more 5s to level up)

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword (glowing brightly). In the Troll Room.
Dabbling swordsmanship.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the troll room.
Left leg removed
Right leg, left arm mangled & mostly useless.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the troll room.
Broken ribs.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope. In the Cellar.

Killing attuned ADHD: Double and +1 to comabt actions, incapable of non-combat actions.
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:58:04 pm by Schilcote »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

That went well.

Heal Tehstefan

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2010, 07:26:42 pm »

I had horrible rolls.

Try and focus my mind into healing myself?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2010, 08:28:17 pm »

Since I've got a guaranteed 3 or better, you might try something more useful.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 10:11:30 pm »

Since I've got a guaranteed 3 or better, you might try something more useful.

Ohhhh.... err... Let's just assume that skill bonuses don't apply to 5s.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 11:04:40 pm »

Uh, what could I do thats more useful with no leg and mangled right arm and leg?!?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 73