Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72460 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 09:01:45 pm »

Now, use what I like to call MANGUM TO THE FACE! of hte monster. Preferably shooting out its eyes.

It looks to be a troll, but it's eyes have been ripped out
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »

Well, shoot the eyeholes then. The brain has to be lodged somewhere!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 12:06:14 pm »

Draw pistol, then do that stunt where I run up the enemy's weapon and unload a few clips into his nearest vital organ.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 01:22:00 pm »

Master my attention! Divert my glamorous hyperactivity to KILLING!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

Excellent.  Retreat to the house, and set up my hacker cave.  Leave the drones to be the eyes and ears of mission control.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »

There! It happened again! The topic locked itself while I was writing the turn! Why does it do that?

TURN 6:
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

tehstefan: 3

You take aim at the beast, attempting to line up your magnum with it's vacant eyesockets. Squeeze on target... BANG! You were off by a fraction of an inch. The beast roars, and black goo begins to ooze from the point where your bullet hit it's skull! It's definitely wounded, but you don't think your bullet penetrated the skull, only cracked it. Or perhaps it's made of metal...

inteuniso: 3

Seeing the sharpshooting fellow's success and an opportunity, you blast the troll with your pulse rifle! The beast's flesh burns away, revealing silvery-white metal.

ExKirby: 5

While the beast is trying to pull one of it's axes out of the wall, you take the opportunity to somehow run up the axe's shaft and shoot the beast in the head! It attacks with it's other arm's axes! Roll to dodge: 5: *woosh* 1: THUMP 3: *woosh*. One of the axes catches you in the arm! Roll for damage: 4-1 for armor. The axe is partially stopped by your combat gear, but the axe still leaves a deep gash on your left arm!

Sensei: 6

You focus on focusing on killing. It works (all combat actions are repeated twice with a +1 on each roll). This leaves you incable of focusing on anything else (cannot do any non-combat action untill ADHD glasses are removed- including removing glasses). 

Frelock: 1

As you run up the stairs, you hear an ominous creaking... and then the stairs begin to collapse! Roll for damage: 5. You land perfectly, but there's no going back upstairs now!

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the Cellar.

Proficient in modifying, healing, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification & healing and +1 to synthesis at short range)

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword (glowing brightly). In the Troll Room.
Dabbling swordsmanship.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the troll room.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the troll room.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope. In the Cellar.

Killing attuned ADHD: Double and +1 to comabt actions, incapable of non-combat actions.
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 06:19:41 pm »

Run the beast through!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 10:02:50 pm »

Oh no, its metal. Shoot the ax out of its hand!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2010, 10:53:39 pm »

Hack together a fixed arm for ExKirby.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2010, 11:48:21 pm »

This is pretty awesome.
You'd think there would be some guys in real life with admin powers or whatnot, just to keep things safe, though.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 01:21:49 pm »

This is pretty awesome.
You'd think there would be some guys in real life with admin powers or whatnot, just to keep things safe, though.

That's what the God-AIs are for. As for people outside the simulation, don't you think there was a reason everybody decided to move into the simulation? Even if people could live on the earth, it's all computers now. Nothing to eat or drink, and no space to live in. Just power plants and computers.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »

Hack together a fixed arm for ExKirby.

It's just a wound, his arm isn't off. I'll interpret that as heal arm.

Oh no, its metal. Shoot the ax out of its hand!

The axes are his hands.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 02:11:25 pm »

OH SHIIII

I mean. Shoot his joints! Any visible joint shoot, because that's the weakest spot on a machine.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 02:21:58 pm »

That's what the God-AIs are for.
Well, clearly they don't work perfectly, neh?
What I mean is a small city of maybe 10,000 people who have decided to have a relatively sucky life in order to make sure that the computers keep functioning. They could have a machine that could, in essence, edit the hard drive or data or whatnot of the network on command on a molecular level. That way, even if a virus gets in the machine somehow, they can just find out where it is and physically revert the circuits back to their previous form (I don't know about computers much, but this seems like it would be plausible). In any case, maybe a meteor hit the city and they all died or something. So that's reasonable, I guess.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »

That's what the God-AIs are for.
Well, clearly they don't work perfectly, neh?

What makes you think that? They're dealing with the current situation just fine. They're programmed to do as little as possible, they won't, say, save a town of people from a meteor, they're only concerned with total devastation, and only when the inhabitants of the universe can't deal with it.

As for a town of people in reality, I'm just going to say that the whole world got f***ed and there's absolutely positively no way of living in the real world.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 73