Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72466 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 08:46:35 pm »

Well that's no good! Start dying already!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:43 pm »

Well that's no good! Start dying already!

Hey, nobody needs to die yet. :P You'll get in with qwertyuiopas (heh, I typed that name just by running my finger across the first row of my keyboard) in two or three turns at most.

EDIT: And I just realized that you'd come in handy where we're going too...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:35 pm »

I'm stuck glowing? Well, whoever wants the lamp can have it. I'll head north to kill the troll... glamorously.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 10:34:38 pm »

I'm stuck glowing? Well, whoever wants the lamp can have it. I'll head north to kill the troll... glamorously.

Everyone should probably help him...
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »

Go over and congratulate the glowing guy. Good work getting superpowers! After that, I look around for anything of interest.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:59 pm »

Synthesize multiple tiny drones that I can control from afar, which give me remote-sensing capabilities.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 11:55:24 pm »

You swap out your pistol's clip with a clip of blanks (looking quite badass while doing so), and make some noise down in that peculiar cavern. You hear an angered roar... it seems strange somehow, but you can't quite place it.

Umm... guys... I said this for a reason...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 12:00:45 am »

Perhaps it's a grue, instead of a troll?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 12:05:29 am »

Maybe I need to feed it a faceful of hot plasma.

Swing Elfin sword around. Be careful not to hit anybody.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 12:18:45 am »

Perhaps it's a grue, instead of a troll?

It's a lot worse that a grue or a troll. Well, maybe not a grue. But definitely worse than a troll. It's the "boss" of this area. After you defeat it, there will be some expository text that will tell you exactly what your basic mission is.

Forgot to say, this RTD is "story driven". So you'll have to read through all the text I post to make any sense of what you're supposed to be doing. Remember who you're supposed to be fighting.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:20:38 am by Schilcote »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:10 am »

I get a sudden feeling of dread and move to a defense-able position, before asking the person to hack up some landmines and other traps for the thing to blunder into and give away its position?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2010, 10:20:07 am »

If "woah" means hostile animal, FIRE. Otherwise, prime gun and enter.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2010, 11:55:50 am »

asking frelock

PCs are immune to commanding by other PCs (otherwise, you'd either have players2 actions per turn instead of just one per player, or some players might have a turn where they can't control their character). If he gets a high roll I'll have him spawn some proximity mines or something, but the enemy won't leave his little room anyway. I suppose I'll do the turn in a second...

Turn 5:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Frelock: 4+1=5

Using your newly attained hacking abilities, you spawn 3 remote sensing drones. You wire them into your mind flawlessly, giving you the ability to see and hear through them. On a suggestion from Jacob, you also make a little 5-pack of impact-activated proximity mines. Toss them at something hard, and they'll stick to it and explode when they detect nearby movement.

sensei: 1

You put on what you think are your combat specs and ooh shiny look at the shiny hey I'm hungry why are we all standing here I'm bored hey look shiny.

inteuniso: 5

You swing the sword around, attempting to kill an invisible foe. You gain Dabbling Swordsmanship (can kill beings with long sharp things).

tehstefan: 5

You locate the most defensable location in the room to the north, and make a break for it. (Cannot be attacked next turn)

ExKirby: 6

You look around the corner and see something terrible. It looks to be a troll, but it's eyes have been ripped out (seems to be able to see just fine anyway), the empty sockets ooze a black substance. The arms have been replaced with a set of mechanically actuated axes, 2 on each side. It is hideous. IT MUST DIE. You run into the room screaming, and open fire upon the monstrosity, catching it completely off guard! You fire your assult rifle into the beast's back (it was looking at the sharpshoorting fellow). It roars and turns around. You can see that you've done damage, but not enough. You leap onto it and stab it with your knife! The beast roars again, and shakes you off. Roll to dodge (X4) 5: CLANG 5: CLANG 6: CLANG 4: CLANG. The beast's axes slam into the ground. You roll over to the opposite side of the room.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the Cellar.

Proficient in modifying, healing, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification & healing and +1 to synthesis at short range)

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword (glowing light blue). In the Cellar.

Dabbling swordsmanship.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the troll room.

Cannot be attacked next turn.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the troll room.

Prone.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope. In the Cellar.

Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:41:30 pm by Schilcote »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:38 pm »

Help out the soldier-looking fellow by feeding that blind beserker troll HEAVY PLASMA FIRE.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2010, 08:25:05 pm »

Now, use what I like to call MANGUM TO THE FACE! of hte monster. Preferably shooting out its eyes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 73