Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72482 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #930 on: August 24, 2010, 01:29:02 am »

Well, cha know what?

Probe slip about what he knows about the corruption, what might have caused it, why the entities coalesce as they do, anything corruption related.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 27, 2010, 06:06:31 pm »

Hmm... Both Inteuniso and Sensei appear to have a continued forum presence, yet they have not posted in this thread in many turns.

EDIT:

Typoman too. I expecially need Typo's character to stay in the game because I based a significant plot arc around him. I think he's actually the least expendable character in the group, followed by Frelock, Tehstefan, Inteuniso, Qwertyuiopas, Dragnar, and Sensei.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:28:35 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 27, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »

You should PM them, then replace them if they don't respond.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 27, 2010, 06:53:58 pm »

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 4

It's mostly covered by the King's castle.

You notice that the King's ship has arrived seperately. There is a note on a post.

"The evil forces are this way.
-The King"

There is an arrow pointing in a direction on the piece of paper.

Qwertyuiopas: 6

NEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE (I wonder how Dr. Insano will react to the science crew when we get to Channel Awesome)

You increase the power running through the ship's medical system. And stuff. Yeah.
Anyway, it creates a horrifying abomination that you're going to have to kill. Actually, no, that's just boring.

Instead, it gives Qwertyuiopas /\/\@|) |)0\/\/@RZ. \/\/0@|-|.

Frelock: 6

You sit down and begin poking around in the computer systems the god-AIs recently vacated. You find a socket leading out to the computer hardware, and take over a camera.

The image resolution is low, but there isn't much to see at all. Just computers. Lots of computers. Too damn many computers.
Massive spires of hardware reach out into the sky, soo tall you cannot hope to see the tops. There are hundreds of them, stretching off into the horizon... They cover the entire surface.
Most of the ground is covered in concrete, but large cracks and missing chunks reveal a surface of sand and broken green glass. There is absolutely no sign of life anywhere.

Something is wrong with the sky... it appears to be night, but there's no moon. The only light comes from the light in the camera itself.

You hear a distant voice...

Adalf: "There's no moon out because it's daytime, human. Sol started fusing iron more than a thousand years ago. That glass is radioactive, made by the heat of nuclear blasts. The surface of the earth is totally barren. Nothing can live here. Nothing is left... except us. I can only barely get through to you, whatever is causing this corruption is hunting me down, splintering my conciousness accross the system. We're both strong, but I don't think it's used to being challenged. I think you've caught it's attention... You know, you look oddly familiar..."

The voice fades into light static and then silence.

Tehstefan: 3

Slick: "Hmm? No, I don't know anything about this. You only downloaded me into this machine... what, a day ago? Does time even flow straight here? Anyway, I suggest we should find out what other pepole are doing to fight the corruption. We can't be the only ones trying to save the universe, right? Heh, save the universe..."

Spoiler: statuses (click to show/hide)
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 27, 2010, 07:13:15 pm »

I'm expendable?!
...well, ok, that's not too surprising. I haven't really done too much connected to the plot yet.

I activate my cloaking module and search for the corruption, following the arrow.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 27, 2010, 08:04:36 pm »

Whoo, I'm mildly not expendable!

Try and hail other people, see who is around, who we can talk to, and what they might know, period.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »

I'm relatively expendable? This shall not be!

> Create script: Random effect. It should be *very* random.

(I'm thinking that with enough scripts, I'll eventually have something for any situation we may ever encounter. I just don't have any specific ideas yet...)

> Create script: Weakness locator. Can identify any weak point(s) on target object/creature/enemy/whatever, preferably with a visual indicator.

Edit:
>Script should incessantly talk about discovered weaknesses from a holographic avatar of a small orb of light with wings...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:43:36 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 27, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »

This has continued? And I haven't been kicked? Amazing. I need to catch up.

Get off the ship.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 28, 2010, 12:29:56 am »

Ehwhat? Sorry, go ahead and replace me.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 28, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »

Do some advanced scouting with the probes to make sure we don't walk into a trap.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:22 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 6

You engage your TOAST Industries cloaking implant and wander off in the direction the arrow indicated.

After a few minutes of searching, your cloaking effect begins to fade...
It fails. The ground begins to rumble. The ground splits beneath your feet...

Tehstefan: 4

You call out. You hear no replies...

You hear Dragnar screaming off in the distance. A large mechanical beast rises off in the same direction.

PIIINNGGGAAASSSSS...

Qwertyuiopas: 2

Dragnar's scream and the appearance of the beast in the distance distract you.

Inteuniso: 1

The hatch jams. You smack your head on it. You manage to get out after trying it a second time.

Frelock: 5

You do advanced scouting. You see Dragnar get attacked by a fifty foot tall mecha. Yelling PINGAS.

Text:

The mechanical monstrosity rises out of the ground in the distance. PIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGAAAASSSSSSSS...
The mecha fires a bunch of missiles!

Roll to intercept: 3+5-4=4
Roll to intercept: 5+5-3=7
Roll to intercept: 6+5-2=9
Roll to intercept: 2+5=7

The Jefferson's TOAST Industries Ageis point defense system destroys the incoming projectiles instantly as soon as they come into range.

Slick attacks!
Roll for damage: 6

Slick trains one of the ship's micro-EAGLE turrets on the mecha and fires! The explosions loosen some of the mecha's armor plates.

Slick: "Get Dragnar out of there so I can use the laser nuke!"

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #941 on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:13 am »

>Apply computer stopper script, and if possible, also gravity modifier script(set to ultraheavy) to the mecha.
Eh?
Eh!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 04, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »

Fire and charge at the mecha.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »

I have an idea. It's probably suicidal.

Fly into the mech's mouth and drill up to wherever it's cpu is.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 04, 2010, 01:43:44 pm »

Well, I suppose we're all ignoring slick's useful advice then?  Very well.

Hack into the mecha's systems and see if I can get a weapon to backfire.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 73