Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72700 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #645 on: June 04, 2010, 06:33:57 am »

I'll use my new script to look through the walls to find the source of the jackals.
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 04, 2010, 07:43:04 am »

Even more alternatively, digging a new tunnel is also a possible approach.
Hmm... I have a drill, and nethack walls must be very weak to be dug through so quickly ingame...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

I don't feel like posting a turn at the moment, but I just remembered what the original "art style" of this RTD was going to be. And I'm going to implement it.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 07, 2010, 09:15:00 pm »

Open fire on the Jackals with my Pulse rifle. Aim for their heads!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #649 on: June 08, 2010, 01:57:24 am »

Back. Yay.

Find some insanely awesome weapon on the ship, then go inside so I can fire it. At the jackals.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 08, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tehstefan: 6

You get into the ship and begin scanning the living sh** out of the surrounding area.
Strangely, there's only three floors underneath you. There appears to be nothing but void beyond that area.
The third floor appears to contain the corrupted entity in this area.

Dragnar: 1

Okay, A:... DIR... Autorun.exe...
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028410270193852110555964462294895493038196  4428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273  724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609...

Frelock: 1

Drawing inspiration from an altenate version of yourself in anotherr universe, you meld some of the jackals together. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be at all interested in attacking other jackals, and instead tries to attack the Jefferson.

Typoman: 4

You use Healing Hands to heal Tehstefan completely.

Qwertyuiopas: 5

You use your invisibility script to make the walls semitransparent. The jackals are appearing out of thin air.

Inteuniso: 2

You begin firing at the invisible jackals that are in the same room as the Jefferson (you collapsed the hallway leading to where the rest of the jackals are, remember?). You don't think you hit any of them.
Tehstefan yells at you to close the damn hatch.

ExKirby: 5

You take manual control of the ship's weapons. Slick attempts to reason with you, but after a few lines he gives up and mumbles something about how he's probably going to be blamed and will definitely have to clean up your mess for you.
You fire the Nano-EAGLEs all over the place, and hear the screams of invisible jackals being blown to hell by explosions.
You gain some experience with Turret Control (+1 to manually controlling ship-mounted weaponry)

Knight85: 6

Using magic-enhanced physical attacks, you begin to smash the crap out of the jackals that are surrounding you. You break your knuckles.

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the Jefferson.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit), Lance, carrots and apples, longsword. In dungeon.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Dabbling horsemanship.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
Pet horse (currently mounted)

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora, bullwhip, touchstone, tinning kit. Location: In dungeon.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+2 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Intrinsics:
Warning

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword, Meaningless Commander's Badge, two-handed broadsword, oil lamp. Location: Dungeons of Doom.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to blunt and crushing damage avoid) Hardened flesh (+2 to burning and projectile damage avoid)
Turret Control (+1 to manually controlling ship-mounted weaponry)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robot minions:

Sawbuck: A flying robot, with a multitude of extremely sharp blades. It deals heavy slashing damage. However, it is unstable and a decent impact will send it far away.
Clanger: A small, heavy, tank-like robot, with a pair of heavy duty hydraulic pincers on its front. It deals heavy crushing damage(+1). It is highly resistant to damage, but very slow.
Zip: A small, extremely fast wheeled robot. It attacks by discharging electrical energy into its target, dealing light burn damage. It can move at extreme speed, and carry light cargo.
Bash: A mid-size, doglike robot with extremely powerful back legs. It can fling itself long distances with them. It jumps on enemies, knocking them down and dealing moderate blunt impact damage.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment, Nano-EAGLE, big missile launcher, 1000 gold pieces, a tin operner, a credit card, an expensive camera, hawaiian shirt. In dungeon.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
REFLEX 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Practiced aim(+1 to aiming)
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky while on).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier), gloves, 6 fortune cookies. In dungeon.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Available Scripts:
Colorer
Gravity Modifier
Computer Stopper
Projectile Shield

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement for mining, negates 1 armor when used as weapon), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.), coasters, cattle prod, unidentified floppies. Location: On the Starship Jefferson.
Calculating Pi (-2 to all actions)
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant
Enhanced Speed (+1 to reflexes and high-speed actions)
Encumbering Repair Devices (Heals 50% of incurred damage every turn, -1 to dexterous actions)
Can Fly, rockets in feet.

Typoman: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage, a robe, an small shield, a mace, and a clove of garlic, and an SDW-120.
TI FLIGHT 4
TI SENSOR 3
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI TACTICAL SCANNER
TI CLOAK 4
TI REMOTE VIEWING
Involuntarily absorbs organic matter and reprocesses it.

Knight85: basic mages robes trusty lightning firing staff, beamsword, a cloak, two rings, a "spellbook of force bolt" and a magic marker.

Broken knuckles (-1 to attacks with fists)

Relevant Information (+1 to identifying unknown objects and their properties)
Telekinesis
Tactical +5
Reflex
Cloak
Intangibility
Stasis

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "energy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices, a special 360 degree super-voidscanner designed by Qwertyuiopas.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Cursing ExKirby under his breath.
Maintainance+Medical droid. Treating scrapes and punctures.
NUKM drone. Not doing much of anything.
Much miscellaneous scrap.

Jackals: The continue attacking Knight85.

I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #651 on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »

Forget the stairs: use my new WEAPONS to drill a hole for the Jefferson!

I can't Epic Fail here.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:05 pm »

I stop calculating PI and try a different disk.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 08, 2010, 05:46:12 pm »

Help ExKirby, and make sure he doesn't steer into the jackal room.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35:43 pm »

well i can't really do anything that useful right now... so
Practice flying by hovering in the middle of the cabin

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 08, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »

While I wait for inspiration about where to go next to strike someone, I'll
>Create new script: Macguffin(As if you would even need a URL... Though it might help uncultured readers.) Locator
Eh?
Eh!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:49 pm »

Create new script: Quantum Damage
It does the same thing it does in quake arena. If you haven't played quake arena... WTF?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 08, 2010, 09:55:35 pm »

Create new script: Quantum Damage
It does the same thing it does in quake arena. If you haven't played quake arena... WTF?

You mean Quad Damage? Also, exactly what are you scripting on?

You could always mix up a Quad Damage :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 08, 2010, 10:01:39 pm »

Um? Do I do anything?

Also, tell everyone to put a large heavy object in the space where the jackals are appearing. Watch them get teleporter melded.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:49 pm »

For more amusing results, make it clone them half a second into the future as soon as they appear, so that they chronofrag themselves...
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73