Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 3][YO LEAFSNAIL WHERE ARE YOU]  (Read 33580 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 1]
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2010, 03:57:58 pm »

Meh I fell asleep yesterday and have not had the time for much other than the little posts I have been doing today.

I got time now, let me look over the tread and see who is scum.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2010, 04:38:04 pm »

For bandwagoning, unhelpful answers, slight Major buddying, and lack of contribution well trying to look like you are helping. Also your attacks on Siquo start, OMGUS, and end without any grounding, they look like OMGUS.

This is why I vote for you Diablous.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2010, 05:03:13 pm »

Siquo start, OMGUS, and end without any grounding
I don't know how that happend, I meant start, continue, and end

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »

Sorry for not being here, my computer was refusing to access bay12games for a while.
Also, Org, if you can't access the PM can you tell us his standard mafia equivalent at the least?
Anyway, Jokerman and Azulth are gone, that leaves us with 7.
I think we have 2 or 3 mafia. 3 is a bit unlikely though, since this is beginner's. Approximately 1 out of 3 people here is mafia. 4 to lynch if we go for straight majority, which it may end up as.
I do have to say that my list is (in no particular order):
  • praguepride, didn't say much for hammering besides we have to have something to "show" for it.
  • shome, has not contributed much so far.
  • criptfiend, not 100% serious, but you led the discussion in which our friend Azulth was lynched D:
Looking through, I shall vote praguepride, you have hammered our friend, Azulth, and you must pay for that. Also, you need to post.

Also, I think we might have a bit of a drop in activity due to DF2010.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2010, 08:13:18 pm »

Fixed, accidentally had sent the file in the trash.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2010, 08:22:42 pm »

Alright, you can either do a knee-jerk reaction and vote for me and mislynch again or we can sit down and figure out what happens.

I'm not exactly a pro at this game, especially not on this site, but from what I've seen, D1 mislynches are usually town against town. Scum are more then happy to sit back and either let things go to a no lynch or let town mislynch each other because either way, they're clean. If they mislynch or try to mislynch D1, they've exposed themselves early and risk going 1 for 1 with town, which is a recipe for scum failure.

So, a better question is: why was Jokerman-EXE killed? Scum kill people for 1 of 3 reasons:
1) revenge
2) fear (especially if the guy is a pro scum hunter)
3) they were on to something.

Now, I'll level with you guys, my motivation to play is next to none. I'm here watching things go but I'm just not feeling it to invest a ton of time psycho-analyzing everyone's posts, especially when I have 0 clue about who's playing suspiciously.

Anyway, who did Joker accuse? Who did Joker vote for? Those are the questions that will uncover scum.

As for me, I'm just a really awesome actor :D
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2010, 08:23:49 pm »

On that note...

Criptfeind

funny how the ONE person to vote for you dies the next night...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2010, 08:24:57 pm »

Now, I'll level with you guys, my motivation to play is next to none.

Way to go?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 2]
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2010, 08:26:58 pm »

Sorry for being a bad mod.

Votecount(DAY ENDS THURSDAY 9:00 PM)
----------------------------------------------
Criptfeind-praguepride
praguepride-shadowy0ne, shome
daiblous-criptfeind, siquo

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2010, 08:38:47 pm »

On that note...

Criptfeind

funny how the ONE person to vote for you dies the next night...
Note: I would like accusations against me to come in the form of a question or statement and not a pile of WIFOM.
1) revenge
2) fear (especially if the guy is a pro scum hunter)
3) they were on to something.
You misted at lest two that I see off the bat:
4) Random killing for confusing.
5) WIFOM

Also I don't think scum kill for revenge
On that note...

Criptfeind

I vote you because the guy who voted for you is dead
If you don't mind me responding to a non-question, how is this significant? He pressed me much less than Siquo or even you.

One question for you, can you stop dancing around and say what you mean? Almost every post of yours is you saying "weeeelllll MaHaBah this is how this mabye is rite?"

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:14 am »

praguepride did you even answer the question? I don't think you did, you said whats the better question. Well answer YOUR question first before going onto asking more. Question dodging= Scum.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:08 am »

Now, I'll level with you guys, my motivation to play is next to none.

Way to go?
Praguepride, you just made second on my list. Town who doesn't want to play is just as bad as scum, imho.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:35 am »

Praguepride, your thoughts on what has happened?

God I hate digging for quotes on this forum....

Anyway, here's what I think happened:

scum started random D1 bandwagons. Common scum tactic as everyone's accusing everyone. If it works, great because responsability is very light ("everyone was acusing everyone...").

Now, we had an almost D1 lynch which is the WORST kind of no lynch. If you get lynch -1 but miss the deadline, then all the next phase is wasted focused on that person when if he had just been lynched, an answer would have come up.

Now everything I've done has been for the purpose of town. Hell, I'm being far more truthful then I should. I'm not really jivving well with the Bay 12 style of mafia. I'm probably not going to play another game. My motivation is low. If you want to lynch me JUST because of that, fine.

However, I am not a douche and I'm not going to completely phone it in either. No need for replacements. I'll monitor things, throw my vote down, and play to win. It might not be the most fun for me, but whatever. Unfortunately, my lack of motivation is probably going to keep me alive for quite some time as scum don't like to kill lazy townies.

Finally, I think criptfiend is scum for 3 reasons.

1) He started the bandwagon on a townie. Scum would *know* who's town and who isn't.
2) Jokereman died accusing criptfiend
3) Cript has been very keen on pointing out the "scummy" aspects of other players, jumping on what I consider pretty trivial things and blowing them out of proportion. This is a very common scum tactic as it is rather effective if you're not watching for it.

Now, I'm NOT getting into a big WIFOM debate as that's a waste of time. I go with my gut and a healthy dose of Occam's Razor. I've played with (who I consider) some VERY good scum players, and they never rely on convaluted plots within plots because it's so easy for it to be ruined by one lynch. In a bare bones basic game like this, I think scum are going to play it by the book: stay out of the spotlight, jump on townies but don't cast suspicious votes.

As for my current allegations, I've accused criptfiend. He's responded in three different ways to a single vote by a supposedly suspicious townie. That sets off another red flag for me.

@criptfeind: Questions? Why would I ask you questions? If you're scum, you're just going to lie to me. this is a barebones game. But fine, I'll ask some stupid questions:

1) Why are you jumping on other people for minor transgressions?
2) Why are you responding to a single allegation in three different ways (first irritation at not being asked a question, then you undermined my comment by saying that Joker pressured me and Siquo more then you despite him having his vote on you, and finally trying to wiggle away by accusing me of dancing around when I'd just dropped a massive text bomb containing far more truth then anything else posted so far.)
3) If you're not scum and I'm not scum, then that leaves 5 people, 40% which are scum. So who's it going to be?
4) How badly do you want me to be lynched just to shut me up?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2010, 10:01:40 am »

Somewhat satisfying.

Spitfire, what are your thoughts on last night's events?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2010, 10:51:45 am »

Now, we had an almost D1 lynch which is the WORST kind of no lynch. If you get lynch -1 but miss the deadline, then all the next phase is wasted focused on that person when if he had just been lynched, an answer would have come up.
I think you misted part of the rules
Quote from: The rules
the player with the most votes will be lynched
But that does explain some of your behavior.
Hell, I'm being far more truthful then I should. I'm not really jivving well with the Bay 12 style of mafia. I'm probably not going to play another game. My motivation is low. If you want to lynch me JUST because of that, fine.
I don’t understand how you can ever be "to truthful" but okay, also I don't want you dead because you don't want to play, but if you can’t help than it may be a deferent story.
As for my current allegations, I've accused criptfiend. He's responded in three different ways to a single vote by a supposedly suspicious townie. That sets off another red flag for me.
I am sorry but I only see one way I responded and one way I corrected you.
Why would I ask you questions? If you're scum, you're just going to lie to me.
… Because that is how you tell who the scum are, you look for inconstancies and lies and take them apart there.

1) Why are you jumping on other people for minor transgressions?
2) Why are you responding to a single allegation in three different ways (first irritation at not being asked a question, then you undermined my comment by saying that Joker pressured me and Siquo more then you despite him having his vote on you, and finally trying to wiggle away by accusing me of dancing around when I'd just dropped a massive text bomb containing far more truth then anything else posted so far.)
3) If you're not scum and I'm not scum, then that leaves 5 people, 40% which are scum. So who's it going to be?
4) How badly do you want me to be lynched just to shut me up?
Finally questions:
1)   Because if I jump on scum for minor transgressions it may make the scum nervous and then they may make major transgressions.
2)   A: Because that is how I find scum, if you don’t play you won’t find scum, I can’t win this for us all by myself.
B: … that is not what I said… like at all. Please try to at least read what I say.
C: Because I was tired of your bull shit dancing and avoiding confrontation, what you are doing now will find scum at lot more IMO.
3)   I never said you are not scum, I just think that Diablous is more likely. I only know one person to not be scum, but I think the most likely scum are Diablous, shome, Shad0wyone, and spitfire684. After post #186 you went up on my “list” some but then after #192 you went back down.
4)   This seems like a bad question, are you joking? If not this seems a scummy thing to ask.

Anyway, thanks for finally answering, I think you can be a big help to us if you can stay attentive.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29