Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 3][YO LEAFSNAIL WHERE ARE YOU]  (Read 33568 times)

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 1]
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2010, 06:19:04 pm »

Thanks for the info!
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2010, 06:52:50 pm »

Well, now we know! :D
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2010, 08:42:42 pm »

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2010, 02:16:42 am »

More accusations, and we need a lynch (or no lynch, depending on what the turnout will be) by today.
Cryptfeind, how long have you been playing mafia? What experience have you got?
Just to point out, my suspitions are as follows:
Azulth, the way youv'e been acting, saying we gotta kill innocent townies, which isn't a good attitude for a start. Cryptfeind had gotten quite a bit of evidence against you, and it made sense at least.
Diablous, you have been hanging back, taking a backseat in things. You follow the town quite a bit, which i'm not sure whether thats a scumtell, or a newtell, but they are very similar.
The last is Cryptfeind, for his over attacking, trying to get one person killed. Switch targets if it gets difficult to crack, we need to scum hunt.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2010, 06:12:00 am »

Siquo, expand on what your saying about Cript, and answer my questions.
Which ones? I can't see you asked me any. Also, just going after a person because he voted for you is something called self-preservation. Self-preservation is useless if you're town, it's everything if you're scum. Also, I see all kinds of people going after Azulth for much the same actions that you did.
Also, just repeating literally what Jokerman says isn't going to make you look better either, now you're just siding with whomever even remotely suspects me, and you haven't asked anyone but me a question yet.

Joker: I look at how I would do it. My last game, day two: build a case around someone, and make sure you're the first one to have a large collection of arguments. Everyone cracks sometime, even town, and especially when others say "hey, he might be right", and vote for him, too. Then at the last moment before the day is up, unvote and say "Nah he's town", so you won't get blamed for getting a townie lynched. That's what I see here.

Cript, I just agree with Jokerman once and that's buddying? How about the three people who just buddied with your vote? Why are you so defensive?
Unvote

New list:
1. spitfire684. "Wait. What, Why?" Third time I play with him. He's suddenly... off. Can't put my finger on it, yet, but I will. You're different than normal, spit. Why's that? It's not like you, jumping on bandwagons like that...
2. Diablous. For much the same reasons Azulth is being suspected, except that Azulth played the new-kid-card. Diablous is just trying to buddy with anyone who is disagreeing with me. That's bad.
3. Criptfeind. For launching a successful smearcampaign against someone I think is town.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2010, 08:17:24 am »

Cryptfeind, how long have you been playing mafia? What experience have you got? Cryptfeind, for his over attacking, trying to get one person killed. Switch targets if it gets difficult to crack, we need to scum hunt.
This is my second game ever. I played as a sub in for someone in... one of the early Beginner's Mafia? I think the first one. I don't remember that well.

I am attacking Azulth because I think he is scum, I suspect a great many of you but none as much as him.
Joker: I look at how I would do it. My last game, day two: build a case around someone, and make sure you're the first one to have a large collection of arguments. Everyone cracks sometime, even town, and especially when others say "hey, he might be right", and vote for him, too. Then at the last moment before the day is up, unvote and say "Nah he's town", so you won't get blamed for getting a townie lynched. That's what I see here.

Cript, I just agree with Jokerman once and that's buddying? How about the three people who just buddied with your vote? Why are you so defensive?
I am sorry but I don't see how that would work? Has it worked before for you? I don't think anyone is going to draw conclusions because a end of the day vote count. Seriously? I would look and you know... see that you started a bandwagon that you hoped off. That would make you look way more scummy than just staying on it.

The budding is because you say "And Jokerman does have a point. Cript" now you do give a semi good reason after that, but is that not exactly why you are attacking Diablous?

Defense? Maybe I am, it is my first game that I played more that just a one or two posts (I was a doc and was trying to lay low) can you quote where I was defense?

Also here are the questions Diablous is trying to ask you.
So, who have you pressured/hunted today, Diablous?
Nobody really. But I have a few questions for you. Shome has done some of the things you criticize me for, yet you ignore it. Making a random vote at the start. You start questioning me before I even vote, keep it up when I make a random vote, yet when he does it, you ignore it. He and I have the same basic reasons for Azulth being guilty, yet you ignore him for me.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2010, 08:26:41 am »

I see no question in those sentences. It's a classic: "Look, behind you! A three-headed monkey!".

Diablous has still to offer any justification for his vote that is entirely his own.

Anyone else voting for Azulth has provided nothing but "Yeah I agree with Cript", those are shome and spit.
Shome is lower on my list since he has this "new player" aura.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2010, 09:36:44 am »

If you haven't noticed, this is 'Beginners mafia', everyone is going to have the 'new player' aura on them. I have only played 2 other games here, and I still am not at all experienced, and I guess everyone else is.
It was bandwagoning, I know, but I put my own reasons across to aid my accusation. Azulth is also one who is guilty of hanging back. I believe there was one point in this game where Azulth was bandwagoning in the random vote stage. If this was an act of trying to kill, which would make more sense.
I doubt its possible to get a meta on somebody in 2 games, but bandwagoning was not something that am innocent of doing then either.
Shome has been hardly posting, if not rarely posting, and when he comes back, up goes a bandwagon.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:34 am »

The reason it made more sense, he was the one who said that killing innocents is the way to go, and that we should kill someone. Im not saying we should no lynch, im just saying that you should think always think first before you act, in any case.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2010, 03:12:30 pm »

Siquo, I'm just want to know why you focus on one at a time. Would it not be better for the town and be more efficient to pressure multiple people at once?

Spitfire, I was waiting for an answer from Siquo. It's an actual question. I want to know if it is a good idea before I wind up doing it.

Shad0wyone and praguepride, why aren't you guys doing anything? You don't make any accusations, or do anything really. All you guys are doing right now is basically idle comments and jokes. Why?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2010, 04:23:13 pm »

Would it not be better for the town and be more efficient to pressure multiple people at once?

I'll answer that for you.  Usually, no.  This is because it takes a lot of time and energy to lay proper pressure on someone, so newbies (and many more advanced players) need to focus on one person while keeping their eyes on other players.  For each person, ask yourself: "is this person town or scum?"  Grill them, break them, pressure them, do whatever you have to.  Once you think you know the answer--or if you catch someone doing something scumtacular--then it's time to move on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2010, 04:56:19 pm »

Yes - try and think of it from a scum perspective.  If everyone's being pressured, you don't feel like you're likely to be lynched if you slip up.  But if you're the only one in the dock, you feel like you're more likely to be lynched, and you're a LOT more likely to panic.

Terminology check - bandwagonning as an accusation generally means jumping on someone who already has votes on them without contributing much of their own.  It doesn't have to be a scumtell, but a townie should have their reasons for voting someone, while scum often doesn't.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:33 pm »

Azuth: 4 - (Criptfeind, shome, Diablous, Spitfire684)
spitfire684: 1 - (Siquo)
Criptfeind: 1 - (Jokerman-EXE)

DAY ENDING AT 9:00 PM.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:28:51 pm by Org »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2010, 05:27:46 pm »

Note: 1+1+1+1=4

Org

• Bay Watcher