Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 3][YO LEAFSNAIL WHERE ARE YOU]  (Read 33584 times)

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 1]
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2010, 09:34:07 am »

See the italic text?

Yeah...

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2010, 09:34:54 am »

Also, I said I'd unvote when he got in, which he did.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2010, 09:47:21 am »

I hardly noticed those, since answering IN a quote doesn't make sense too much.
So as soon as hes on you unvote? Sure it was to attract his attention but did you not follow it with any questions? Your supposed to be scum hunting, not bringing in more people who can cover your back.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:45 am »

True, and I soon realised that might not be the right way to act in this game.
Okay so you learned you have to scum hunt... than were is the hunting? All you are doing is covering your own ass and still not hunting.
I changed my opinion on first day voting. I didn't do the math before blurting this out.
Okay... so when people start looking at you you change your mind when they point out you are suspicious. Thats not suspicious in of it self at all /sarcasm.
Sure, I never said we shouldn't. But I never had enough information for targeted voting, so I just pruned a random afk-er.
Well at lest you unvoted... and than Continued to not scum hunt? Also as has been said many times before: We can lynch lurkers but it way more productive that earlier in the to, you know, Actually scum hunt.

If you want me to take my vote off you will will have to start scum hunting, not just siting on your ass and wanting to lynch anybody that is not you. Start scum hunting and answer all my questions... instead of trying to avoid them... or ignore them altogether. 

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2010, 10:59:58 am »

Yo, I'm here. Sorry for being MIA but I had a wedding to attend. I'll catch up sometime today but I'm not a fan of this random voting D1. Now, I acknowledge D1 is a valuable source of intel, in my experience, at least 87% of D1 lynches are mislynches.

Scum can subtly team up to avoid suspicion this early in the game, me thinks.

Townie 1: "I accuse YOU"
Scum 1: "Ummm... i'm not scum!"
Scum 2: "Yeah, he isn't really playing like scum, but you know who is!? This guy!"
Rest of Town: "Yeah, I agree! Let's Lynch them!"
How does this not help the town? Isn’t one of the parts of the game to collect info? Your “example” is bad for the scum because when we are analyzing day one on day two or three we will see the connection… and we will know they teamed up to kill a townie. Now I grant you it is not perfect but scum teaming up on day one helps the town way more… using your statics if 87% of D1 lynches are  town than at most the scum team is only going to hurt  13%... but it will help us so much more.

Also what are you trying to say, should we lynch? Not lynch? You are “Not a fan” but it is also “a valuable source of intel”… so are you against info? Who do we know that would not like us to get info?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2010, 11:04:25 am »

praguepride, you haven't answered my questions yet. Since you probally didn't even see them and not dodging them I shall ask again.
How much mafia experience have you had and What do you think should be done today?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 11:05:53 am »

So then, looking back Shome seems a bit wishy-washy on the voting, first he tries to prod me, then he goes after Azulth for prodding me.
The fact of the matter is he was going after Azulth for proding you twice. Also was his "Prod" a prod? It was like what the second vote in the game? Totaly random I Believe. Still...
Found it.
I was just poking him to get him to post.
Since he has 2 votes now i will unvote

See he unvoted...but it was quite a bit of a quick prod... may need watching.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2010, 11:06:55 am »

Praguepride. Might as well kill somone.

And now you're doing it again. Scumhunting is more than just Random Voting. It's asking questions like these: Why so keen on killing? Random kills won't help town. At least make sure that when you vote, that it's an informed one, and inform the rest of us based on what information you voted. Use arguments, questioning, anything but "Ah well, let's just kill a guy" because that just screams "I'm scum".
Thank you. Someone here seems to understand what I am try to tell some of you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:47 am »

praguepride, you haven't answered my questions yet. Since you probally didn't even see them and not dodging them I shall ask again.
How much mafia experience have you had and What do you think should be done today?
I think RVT is over now... you may want to stop asking inate questions and you know... scum hunt.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2010, 11:28:57 am »

As Leafsnail stated, we have 2 free kills. Whatever happens, we lose at the end of day 3. If we kill someone now, day 4 will start with 3 total / 2 mafia and we lose, and if we don't kill someone day 4 will start with 4 total / 2 mafia and we lose.

Make of it what you wish.
Uh, that's assuming you don't hit mafia on the first 3 days.

Criptfeind is right - a day one lynch CAN have value even if it hits a townie, since it provides info.  Besides, if you don't lynch, the scum will decide who dies for you.

As for identifying connections... it's probably too early to find any.  Scum can sometimes work together, or attack each other, or ignore each other at this stage.  The time to start looking for connections and scumteams is after you've nailed one of their members.

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:37 am »

Yeah, covering my own ass. Self preservation mostly, don't want to die so soon.

I'll answer the rest of your questions, then. Missed some due to a fuckhueg wall of quote text.

The fact of the matter Azulth is not that you don't care about the killing or lack of killing... you just don't seem to want to scum hunt.

Lets look over your posts shall we?

Yes, we shall.

You start off suggesting that we do nothing! If we do nothing the scum win... it is that simple.
(CTRL+V) True, and I soon realised that might not be the right way to act in this game.

Wait... is that not that the opposite of what you are saying now? That is flip-flopping and I don't like it.
(CTRL+V) I changed my opinion on first day voting. I didn't do the math before blurting this out.

Very odd... you are only just in to say "okay but I will not change or give a reason why."
The key words in that post were 'right now'. You made your point, but I didn't see any reason to do otherwise.

Ah here we are, the flip-flop. You suddenly change your mind when people start looking at you... and than don't help at all. If you want the to talk accuse them at lest ask why they have not come in.
Don't want to die.

Even though the game has only been going for two hours? I looks more like you are trying to build up so much so a attack on them that when they do get in no one listens to them... one more town down and you are that much closer to winning Eh?
That would be a prune vote, or whatever you people call it.

Reason? Once again the game just started. Info? that is what this game is about, more info. It is hardly unlike that no more will come up. Ah but don't you already have all the info?... The scum do don't they?
I'd like to use my I'mNewHere card now. Thx.

I will concede that this is true... but why kill people that may just have something more important going on than killing scum?
Nothing is more important than killing scum.

Yes we have two "free" kills... but we need to "use" them effectively not just "Dur De Dur we have free kills lets use them with out scum hunting." We need to scum hunt. The scum aren't going to come out and tell us who they are... actually... I think one just did...

Azulth you are not only not scum hunting, you are trying to stop scum hunting and are trying to lynch people that cant defend themselves. You are scum.

I'm quite new to this game, and just as much to scum hunting. I don't have a brilliant defence against this accusation ready either. But no, I'm not scum.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2010, 11:47:47 am »

With now serious accusations on the agenda, and it has been pointed out that Random voting has now been stopped (plus, not wanting to kill with not much to go on) then I will take off my vote. I was planning to before, when I had gotten an answer from praguepride.
Unvote praguepride.
Now, at this moment I suspect Azulth, now he sounds like hes just trying to save his own skin while trying to kill others.
Yeah, covering my own ass. Self preservation mostly, don't want to die so soon.
Don't want to die.
You don't want to die 'so soon'. You think that we would just forget about you? Is that what your hoping will happen? Just ignore you for now?
Nobody wants to die, so it doesn't make a very good excuse. Scum are ones who commonly use the 'But then I will die' excuse.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2010, 12:16:19 pm »

Oops, sorry, forgot to put my unvote in red.
Unvote praguepride

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2010, 01:23:43 pm »

Let me take what you said and opint out resons why it is wrong.

You start off suggesting that we do nothing! If we do nothing the scum win... it is that simple.
True, and I soon realised that might not be the right way to act in this game.
Very odd... you are only just in to say "okay but I will not change or give a reason why."
The key words in that post were 'right now'. You made your point, but I didn't see any reason to do otherwise.
Even though the game has only been going for two hours? I looks more like you are trying to build up so much so a attack on them that when they do get in no one listens to them... one more town down and you are that much closer to winning Eh?
That would be a prune vote, or whatever you people call it.
Essentially you are saying in some way that scum hunting is unnecessary, well you do have a point... sort of... kill the lurkers,  but there were no lurkers at that point , the game had been going for two hours at that point, push the people that are on. Don’t just push a lynch that won’t get us info.

don't want to die so soon
Only scum shuld be afraid of dying, it is unplest but it helps the town get info, it is better to lynch scum... but if we don’t get any other prospects  I think at this point you are the scummiest and therefore the best lynch canadate, we kill you now we get a scum or at least someone who is so scummy that I don’t want them around at the end game anyway… if we get to lyol I want clear choices… and you are as clear as a scum filled pond.
I'd like to use my I'mNewHere card now. Thx.
You know how else is new here? Everybody, just because they are new does not mean I am reading them as scum, at least they are not actively trying to hinder the scum hunting. Also the scum are new as well… so that means any “new behavior” does not rule out scum.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2010, 02:40:53 pm »

Praguepride. Might as well kill somone.

And now you're doing it again. Scumhunting is more than just Random Voting. It's asking questions like these: Why so keen on killing? Random kills won't help town. At least make sure that when you vote, that it's an informed one, and inform the rest of us based on what information you voted. Use arguments, questioning, anything but "Ah well, let's just kill a guy" because that just screams "I'm scum".
A random kill has a chance. Sure it isn't the biggest, but we could get lucky. Besides, that was a placeholder for me basically. Unvote Pragupride.

I was waiting for somebody to do something a bit more suspicious. I could start asking questions, but where to start? But that is over. I have someone I think is scum. For many of the same reasons as Criptfeind(did I get it right this tim?) I vote Azuluth.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29