Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 3][YO LEAFSNAIL WHERE ARE YOU]  (Read 33446 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 1]
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 04:54:44 pm »

I kid, I kid.  ;)
Kidding can get you killed  ;D
Anything can get me killed.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 05:00:15 pm »

In Mafia, posting can get you killed, not posting can get you killed, lying low can get you killed, and flying high can get you killed.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 05:02:58 pm »

Was about to say ,Azulth, its quite unusual for someone to random vote someone who isn't online. Unless of course your giving him something to talk about?
I'm giving him a reason to get in. My vote stays until he gets in, or in the unlikely event we get some information.
I thought as much. Might then be a good idea to go on praguepride again for when he comes on.
Why wait actually, Vote praguepride. He is the only one free of votes after all and I would like to hear what he has to say.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 05:04:27 pm »

In Mafia, posting can get you killed, not posting can get you killed, lying low can get you killed, and flying high can get you killed.

...We're all doomed aren't we?
To be partly feline,

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 05:07:41 pm »

...We're all doomed aren't we?
Ah but we try to get the mob first.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 05:14:27 pm »

Hi there, everyone.  Vector, do you want to stand up dramatically at the same time as me while we look vaguely in each other's directions?

Also, spitfire, I did NOT invent irl mafia.  It was originally played irl.  Hence the "jester" role.

Some notes on what I have seen so far -

It is true that a lynch on day one rarely hits a mafia member, however, if you don't lynch on day one, the mafia chooses who to kill for you.  You currently have two freelynches (ie you can lynch townies twice without loosing) but no lynching at this point will reduce that to one.

It may seem like there isn't much difference between a mislynch and a scumkill, but the scum will try to kill the most useful player, while the town can kill the player who will give them the most information upon roleflip.

The RVS is meant to generate discussion.  That means that, while the vote is random, the question can be angled in a way that can reveal serious information.  The RVS is generally declared to be "over" once someone makes a serious accusation, after which most voting and accusations are expected to be serious.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 05:16:09 pm »

I vote Shad0wyone
Shome, why did you jump in, vote for a guy with no question than never come back?

And to spitfire684 and Azulth voting them because they are not on is all fine and good... sort of... I think you two should ask questions because otherwise is they are scum they can just say "Hi I am here" and than there is no discourse.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 05:16:27 pm »

Praguepride. Might as well kill somone.
To be partly feline,

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 05:19:53 pm »

Whoh guys we have three days! It has only been a couple of hours, wait for him to come on first.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 05:20:48 pm »

Also, spitfire, I did NOT invent irl mafia.  It was originally played irl.  Hence the "jester" role.
Sorry, didn't know someone else made it up. Always looks like you made it though.
It is true that a lynch on day one rarely hits a mafia member, however, if you don't lynch on day one, the mafia chooses who to kill for you.  You currently have two freelynches (ie you can lynch townies twice without loosing) but no lynching at this point will reduce that to one.
I remember discussing something similar before, its better if the town chooses who to kill then the mafia choose. Of course, a mafia will never kill a mafia. Not sure what to go with though, No lynch or lynch.
I vote Shad0wyone
Shome, why did you jump in, vote for a guy with no question than never come back?

And to spitfire684 and Azulth voting them because they are not on is all fine and good... sort of... I think you two should ask questions because otherwise is they are scum they can just say "Hi I am here" and than there is no discourse.
I see, it was intended to be a way to attract him to post. When he gets on I have questions planned.
How about you though Azulth?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2010, 05:24:36 pm »

When he gets on I have questions planned.
What can you ask him later you cant ask now?

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 05:27:16 pm »

I'd rather have a non-active player dead than an active one. He might as well be a low-lying Mafia member, trying to avoid attracting any attention at all.

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 05:29:53 pm »

Also, according to Leafsnail's logic, we should be killing someone today. It's a dice roll that can only give us the edge if we hit a Mafia member, and it doesn't have any real drawbacks if we kill a towny.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2010, 05:31:44 pm »

When he gets on I have questions planned.
What can you ask him later you cant ask now?
If you say so, I thought when I get his attention I could ask them. If you want me to now though...
Praguepride, how long have you been playing mafia for, and what do you think should be done today?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2010, 05:32:26 pm »

I'd rather have a non-active player dead than an active one. He might as well be a low-lying Mafia member, trying to avoid attracting any attention at all.
Yes I know, I am not saying don't kill praguepride or Shad0wyone, just don't condemn them when we are only like 1/30 of the way though day one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29