Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's get pumped for DF 2010!  (Read 4362 times)

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get pumped for DF 2010!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 05:24:39 am »

Hey, the lack of bottomless stuff may be for the best. After all, corpses don't splatter without something to hit... >.>

Ideally, there should be absolutely massive chasms that you can only see a small upper portion of from the surface or from where you first break into them.  Later, when you dig all the way to the bottom, you can find out just what you've been tossing your garbage and excess elf corpses onto.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 09:03:37 am »

I am most excited about the lack of height/depth restrictions, and most intrigued by the astounding new possibilities burrows will afford us.

I am disappointed the bottomless pits are gone now, though. Chasm tiles are highly important for me in terms of keeping my loose object count down. I suppose there's still atom smashers (...I hope!)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 06:38:27 pm »

I think there are still going to be bottomless pits after all there are not no height/depth restrictions, you only set them yourself.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 10:44:24 pm »

I just got a thought, could the HFS be an endless spawning ground in the new version?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cariyaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 10:52:46 pm »

I just got a thought, could the HFS be an endless spawning ground in the new version?

You mean like, say, the underground?
Pages: 1 2 [3]