Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Attendance Ranking Board, Quarter 2, 2010  (Read 11430 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: The Attendance Ranking Board, Quarter 2, 2010
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2010, 01:58:00 pm »

No... perhapes it is YOU who misspelled you're *your name!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2010, 02:35:34 pm »

The best kind of trolling is accidental trolling that causes lots of drama.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2010, 02:50:44 pm »

If it wasn't wholly apparent, the second post was full of purposful, semi-innocuous misspellings and punctuation errors.

Also, I only troll you guys because I love you. <3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2010, 04:01:12 pm »

If it wasn't wholly apparent, the second post was full of purposful, semi-innocuous misspellings and punctuation errors.

Also, I only troll you guys because I love you. <3
I know. I only corrected one hoping someone would point that out but alas, my jest falls flat.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2010, 06:03:27 pm »

Who here is responsible and active enough to lead a new Attendance Ranking Board?
There need to be consequences to lurks and drops.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »

Who here is responsible and active enough to lead a new Attendance Ranking Board?
There need to be consequences to lurks and drops.
Not me. I liked dakarian. He did all the necessary admin work for free.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2010, 06:23:24 pm »

You're wrong, your use of your there should have been the contraction "You're" rather than the possessive "Your".
Hey, while we're at the subject of correcting others' mistakes (months late), you (and others, but I remember you doing it in some game I played with you over a year ago) often use "of" when you should use the word "have" or, if you're specifically using "of" in an attempt to capture a way of speaking, the informal contraction-ending "'ve," as in "could've." It's been bothering me since you first used it.

Org: I don't think there needs to be an Attendance Ranking Board. I think hosts can take steps to discourage lurking (what you're saying the ARB is necessary for). Steps like making it mandatory for players to post at least once every 36 hours (perhaps excluding weekends), with various punishments if they don't (requesting a replacement, warning the players for the first offense or two and then modkilling for the second or third, etc.).

But I'm not going to try and stop anybody from making a new ARB if they want to.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2010, 06:47:49 pm »

Zai, that's the LEAST of the many glaring grammar errors I make on a daily basis. And I know I make tons of style errors, as well.

Take that sentence there for example. Starting a sentence with a conjunction isn't ok and there's no reason to use a comma before "as well".
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2010, 06:52:26 pm »

Zai, that's the LEAST of the many glaring grammar errors I make on a daily basis.
It's the one that bothers me the most.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2010, 06:53:15 pm »

Part of the problem is that even punishing people for lurking isn't always a good option. If I modkilled everyone who's lurked in Wizard Duel 4 so far I'd have killed off almost half the players. Which would make for a short and very unfun game. Right now it's a long and probably somewhat unfun game. :/

I don't really have a solution, sadly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2010, 06:59:55 pm »

Part of the problem is that even punishing people for lurking isn't always a good option. If I modkilled everyone who's lurked in Wizard Duel 4 so far I'd have killed off almost half the players. Which would make for a short and very unfun game. Right now it's a long and probably somewhat unfun game. :/

I don't really have a solution, sadly.
I am also having a few lurker issues in a couple of games.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2010, 07:35:36 pm »

These may be my famous last words, but if there is consensus that an attendance system is necessary, I could see myself running the show.

I was never a very good player, and now that I'm getting into modding and such, I don't think that running this would be too bad.

I'm not saying that we need an attendance system, (I have no real opinion either way) but if people want it, I could do it.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2010, 01:00:27 am »

Speaking as a new guy, I'd like to see something like this back. During my lurking period here before I joined games, I was very impressed by the commitment and high standards in many old games, which was in part due to this ranking system. It would give a reason for some to be interested in staying on top of their game, an avenue for the overachievers to show their stuff, hosts a way to avoid gamekillers and misinformed decisions, and an incentive for people to stop editing their damned posts. (this really irks me).

That said, the workload posed by this is nontrivial, so I'm not surprised at the reluctance. I certainly can't, and am not integrated enough in the community to even suggest I would, but if someone else decides to do it, I may offer some help.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2010, 06:29:05 am »

The old high attendance came around before the attendance ranking. The rankings were made to try and get the old attendance back.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2010, 07:02:36 am »

The old high attendance came around before the attendance ranking. The rankings were made to try and get the old attendance back.
It's pretty bad. Pretty bad.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9