Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: =Bronze Battle Axe= REVIVAL?  (Read 4174 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: =Bronze Battle Axe=
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 07:47:58 am »

You empty the soup over the fire, putting it out, then put the helmet on your head. It's so hot it burns your ears and the back of your head, and you let out a blasphemous curse as you take it off and throw it to the ground, you grab your spears and set off in pursuit, cursing yourself for your stupidity.
You follow the trail of thrashed vegetation, your stubby legs used to the wilderness run faster than they seem capable, and are nimble as they avoid the biggest branches and protruding roots that have been there long enough for you to know every one of them. A minute later you catch up with the intruder, stumbling as he runs through the harsh lands, and throw a spear at him, it misses the target but accomplishes it's objective, the intruder looks back, startled with the noise, and stumbles in a root, falling down.
You're on top of him before he can get up. Your ears burn.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 08:00:57 am »

Going with the raiding party.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 08:08:12 am »

I'm Unbrey Oth'agleow, I shall have the elkbeards and my bronze helmet shall be endorned with elk antlers and kitten leather...

My tribe is in danger, I must enslavemake peace with the free tribes!

I must prepare my fiercest warriorsmost persuasive diplomats for battletalks.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 08:22:07 am »

Take off his weapons. Question him. Who is he? What was he trying to do? If he says he's a friend, ask whhy he fled when I saw him.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 09:04:55 am »

Wretched savages! if you knew you would have stayed back with the slaves, you embarked on this trip in search of plunder yet most of the villages you passed had already been stripped of valuables by the previous raiding parties, and your captain even had some slaves executed on the excuse of them being too feeble, just to have a pretext to march south, to regions that had been relatively safe, but the long trip left the troops tired and you weren't prepared to face the intact forces of the southern villages. Still, you managed to slit some throats and capture some slaves.

In dwarven tradition, when a dwarf is defeated and captured in battle, his hair is shaven and he is bound by honor to serve his capturer until his hair grows to the length it was when he was captured. the proudest warriors never trim their hair and beard and let it grow top fantastical proportions, as a way of bragging that they do not fear being captured, and risk spending their lives in servitude if they ever are defeated. Of course, the less than honorable Bonepeak inhabitants, take advantage of this custom, and pervert it cruelly, shaving their slaves hair and beard every week, so they can never regain their honor.

The easiest way to keep these slaves from running is by shaving their hair and beard, and this time it's your turn to do the unpleasant job, these dwarves know of the less than honorable conduct of your people, and would rather die than let you shave their hair, and of course, would rather kill you than die, so they put up a fight and give you a hell of a time. You heard that there is a prince amongst the slaves, perhaps you could compensate the lack of spoils of war with a royal ransom, but it'd be a risky plan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you gather the few worthy men that survived the battle, 30 veterans, and carrying the peace standart you set off on a diplomatic mission, you can head into the village of tribe Malachite, to the tribe of Redcavern or to Boartusk's tribe village, your tribe is at war with Boartusk, but your scouts tell you that the raiding party that attacked you are headed their way and they could use any help
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you disarm the intruder promptly, taking a sword from his hand and a dagger from his belt, but you don't need to ask him any questions. He is a young dwarf, little more than a boy, his beard is braided and decorated with beads in the manner of Bonepeak traders that sometimes pass your village, and his clothes are made of pig tail thread dyed blue. your people doesn't cultivate pigtail and usually dress only in leather and furs, only nobility wears imported pigtail and rope reed, he is obviously a spy or even a scout for a Bonepeaker raiding party
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:08:51 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 09:41:16 am »

Head to the village of the tribe of Malachite, and demand peace talks. Any dwarf can see the strength of peace when it is forced, like a sword is made by forcing metal into shape and edge.

Besides demanding peace is the only way a dwarf can call for peace and not sound like some frilly elf.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 09:55:30 am »

You head to tribe malachite's village. Long ago, after a battle over a parcel of land, you took their royal symbol: the Copper Gauntlets, as your prize. Honorable dwarves respect battle prowess, and if malachite is an honorable tribe, they will hold no grudge against you. Besides, you wield their royal symbol, perhaps that gives you some kind of legal right over the tribe. In the last case scenario, you can return their gauntlets as a token of good will.
The trip will take half a day.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 10:05:26 am »

I'll take the travel to them, but I'm not giving up prizes of victories unless it comes down to nesasary diplomatic leverage.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 10:30:48 am »

i was hoping the rest of the people would post  in between so we could all advance in a simillar timeline at first, but that's not a problem as there's not much linking the 3 characters yet

you arrive at malachite village main gate a couple hours after sunset, because of the darkness the sentries didn't see the peace standard and the warriors were summoned, you are received by a fort with full defenses erected. A warrior clad in bronze and copper greets you from a balcony above the gate

"I may be old, and I may be feeble of body, but I never doubted my mind and I never doubted my eyes ever before! I see an old foe, a once proud foe, bringing us the hands once stolen from us clasping a standard of peace! you are know for ruthlessness and cruelty, but i never took you for the treacherous kind, Oth'agleow of Elkbeard. If you really mean peace you will enter the village but with your hands tied to the peace standard you carry, so you don't forget your peacefullness and your hands don't slip into an innocent throat, and the rabid wolves you call your warriors will not come with you"

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 10:34:54 am »

Agree to the Malachite stipulations but leave instruction with my warriors to prepare to assail the village if things go badly, just to keep them occupied.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 11:14:04 am »

You are taken through malachite tribe caverns with your hands tied to the peace standard. You are guided by Ur'ste Tergren, the old shaman and chieftain of malachite tribe, and also a mighty warrior that you battled decades ago, before your name echoed through all dwarven caves, and whose defeat granted you much of the fame you now enjoy.
You see many statues of the goddess Malachite, associated with nature and motherhood, but also associated with copper, and known by many as the mother of bronze, and is usually portrayed as a fat pregnant woman figurine in oxidized copper.
finally you reach the humble hall of Tergren, whose sacredness is recognized by every free dwarf. The miasma emitted by the rotten blood of boars, wolves, deer and dwarves sacrificed to Malachite fills the room, Tergren takes a pleased deep breath, and unties you.
"Greetings, Unbrey Oth'agleow, excuse the show you had to put up with earlier, many simpler folk don't respect might as much as the lives of the innocent, and i often must resort to hypocrite words to avoid hurting their sensibilities... you wouldn't understand, as you stomp those that dare face you, but i follow a woman goddess, and i often must resort to women ways. I know what brings you here, you are here to request help against a common enemy, and we will assist you, but first you must make once concession"

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 11:24:14 am »

Ask the slaves: "Who be the prince among ye?"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 11:40:23 am »

one of the slaves decides that a proper answer would be to give you a kick in the groin, but you were expecting it and with a step back you avoid being hit. as the slave was tied to all the other slaves, he stumbles and falls down, taking half the slaves down with him. One blond warrior held his ground, his posture was royal and his eyes were arrogant, his hair reached his ankles and his beard was tied in one long braid, red with blood, that touched the ground as the warrior stood
"i am Bamut Oth'agleow, son of Unbrey Oth'agleow, the next in the succession line of Elkbeard tribe"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:10:00 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 11:52:40 am »

Conceed to Tergren that "Many are the bones I finds my toes when all I do is crush those who face me, even I can grow tired of pulling skeletons from my feet. I shall attempt to meet your concession the best I may, as the rock wills."

/gasp my son! may the rock catch him if he fall!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 12:09:34 pm »

don't worry, hell step up to his father's expectations: he'll do anything to keep his hair intact

"the concession we require from you is this one: that you return the goddess' hands to the tribe of malachite; copper is a womanly metal, and is the sacred metal to the goddess of life, it is blasphemous that you use them so often to end what they were meant to create, and in return, another prize awaits you at Redcaverns, one made from a truly manly metal, but you will have to take this prize by force also."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4