Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: WHAT IS LOVE!?  (Read 2749 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT IS LOVE!?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 08:02:47 am »

It really is a great song.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 09:40:13 am »

what on earth are my kids going to listen to when they're older, to shock *me*?
Probably something totally opposite of what you used to shock people with. Crazy screaming music can only get so loud before it becomes dangerous.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 09:47:41 am »

Gosh, imagine the world 10 years from now, and they're playing... I dunno, Jason Mraz or something on a Retro station. That scares and excites me.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 12:25:39 pm »

I'm about 20 years late.

Baby don't hurt me!

Anyone else nostalgic for a time that they never lived in?

In my "Senior Seminar" (i.e. liberal arts gen-ed that just amounted to two profs rambling about whatever they wanted, and occasionally musing on the fact that OH SHIT YOU'RE GONNA GRADUATE WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE, one of the profs decided to show us a youtube video of that song in class once...for reasons I could never discern. He actually loved youtube videos. he definitely showed a song from "Grease," at least one Disney movie song, and at one point he was searching for some video and couldn't find it, so he just clicked on a video he thought looked interesting, which turned out to be a Green Day song. Which he let play for about four minutes before saying, "yeah, I guess that's totally irrelevant."
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 12:29:04 pm »

what on earth are my kids going to listen to when they're older, to shock *me*?
Probably something totally opposite of what you used to shock people with. Crazy screaming music can only get so loud before it becomes dangerous.

Well that's the thing...I never listen to music to shock anyone. People are usually shocked nonetheless, but that's not my fault. If anything, they're shocked more by the genre whiplash (a random CD sampler might go from NIN to Flatt & Scruggs to Darude to Billie Holliday in one go).

So I'm struggling to figure out what possible genre can emerge that would have my yelling, "Turn that damn noise off!" when I'm 50 and crotchety. Ok, MORE crotchety.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:45 pm »

Some say love is like a river. (never much cared for the song... too sappy... but it fits the theme.)

Judging by current trends in popular music, more and more artists are going to rely on blatant use of Autotuning software to sing in key. They've even gone so far as to make the synth-sounding pitch-bending part of the songs themselves. Problem is, a lot of these people can't hold a note to save their lives, which is really unfortunate in my opinion. I mean, back when I was...

...oh god, it's starting already. I am become Crotchetty, dissaprover of modern songs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 01:54:19 pm »

But you know, I think the really, really blatant use of Auto-Tune is actually okay. It's a whole genre in and of itself.

Somebody like T-Pain is awesome, because he knows it's a gimmick, but it's a gimmick with a niche, and he is making serious bucks off that niche.

But yeah, people who just use it to round off the edges and bad notes in their singing suck.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]