Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: I'm basically in need of... Well I just don't know.  (Read 7507 times)

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: I'm basically in need of... Well I just don't know.
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 05:13:00 am »

Dump her. Forget about her. Move on. Seriously.

She will only keep on twisting the knife. Those people get off on hurting others. She knows what she's doing, and she enjoys it.
Alternate Character Interpretation: She doesn't know he likes her, or she knows and isn't interested.

But I guess that'd be too easy.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 06:44:29 am »

Start listening to freeform jazz and enjoying modern art whilst living in a flat writing pretentious poetry.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 07:59:30 am »

Probably, there is a relation to the discovery that the Current One-Sided Love Of My Life is a bitch who gave a friend of mine a hand-job, altough I keep telling to myself that I don't care. :-\

She will only keep on twisting the knife. Those people get off on hurting others. She knows what she's doing, and she enjoys it.

Oh, of course I do.
I tell myself that I don't care at all, and it starts working.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 01:12:01 pm »

Alternate Character Interpretation: She doesn't know he likes her, or she knows and isn't interested.

But I guess that'd be too easy.

From the description that person sounds a lot like an ex of mine actually. Same sort of behavior. Same sort of person.

She was a manipulative, selfish bitch. Awesomely hot, but she was completely and utterly toxic, ruined everyone she was around.

Dumped her and moved on.

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 01:28:23 pm »

It's been three days, today being the third. Yesterday I hardly recognized my dad, as it he seemed strange to me. This morning, I went for a walk for a while, and started crying. I feel slightly better today, but still pretty bad. I don't feel like I'll be suitable mentally to go to school tomorrow, so I convinced my Dad to keep me out tomorrow, which gave me a bit of relief.

Any more advice?
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Greatoliver

• Bay Watcher
  • Blobby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For those with spotify: http://open.spotify.com/track/1kLXoAje5Z4mlZOAFgZZj3
For those without: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLn8j4c5l4

I would say, strive to be pure... Put all your negative emotions into a furnace and use it to drive you towards this goal.  Get rid of people who are damaging, use it to reinforce your relationships with those who are the opposite.  Use it to get things you place value on.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »

Dont be afraid of the truth Dwarf WMD. You do not need help or a cure. You need to keep it up so that you become stronger.

No pain no gain!

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 08:12:54 pm »

So basically accept the thoughts and let them pass over?
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 08:14:53 pm »

No pain no gain!

Well this was discussed a lot before in another thread, and it was generally accepted that it doesn't work than way...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:17:40 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »

Be confident you will figure it out in whatever way is best for you; and it'll happen.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:47 pm »

No you have to push it to the limit. You go a step beyond that. You have to embrace them and then use them to become stronger!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 10:34:34 pm »

It's been three days, today being the third. Yesterday I hardly recognized my dad, as it he seemed strange to me. This morning, I went for a walk for a while, and started crying. I feel slightly better today, but still pretty bad. I don't feel like I'll be suitable mentally to go to school tomorrow, so I convinced my Dad to keep me out tomorrow, which gave me a bit of relief.

Any more advice?

At this point I strongly recommend seeing someone about this.

When you become dissociative that is a severe problem right then and there.

The cause of it, I'm not sure, could be an existential crisis. The cause of it is something you will need to work through, but counselors are there to treat the symptoms of it until you can get things under control.

Seriously, please see someone.

I went through almost the exact same thing when I was younger. I let it go too far before finally seeking help, and it was almost the end of me. The longer you let it consume you the harder it will be to claw your way out of that hole.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 10:37:07 pm »

No pain no gain!

Well this was discussed a lot before in another thread, and it was generally accepted that it doesn't work than way...

Some things will be painful yes, no real way around it. New routine at a gym while trying to get in shape will be painful, but you'll get better after it. Finally dealing with emotional loss from a major event like a death of a relative is also painful, but something that needs to be dealt with.

Not everything needs to be painful.

And there is a point where the pain itself becomes the source of the problem, and it can become utterly crippling.

Pain is how our bodies tell us where are limits are.

Some of these limits can be crossed. For others, the pain is there for a very important reason, and those limits are not meant to be crossed.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »

And there is a point where the pain itself becomes the source of the problem, and it can become utterly crippling.
Of course you should take a rest if your going to die but finding a cure is quitting.

Pain is how our bodies tell us where are limits are.

Some of these limits can be crossed. For others, the pain is there for a very important reason, and those limits are not meant to be crossed.
Pain is how your body cries for help. You should know if the body is in pain but you should not be ruled by it. Your body tells you what it wants now, but your body cant plan ahead.

To the body nothing should be done that causes it pain. That's why we have minds.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 12:52:43 am »

Of course you should take a rest if your going to die but finding a cure is quitting.

Wait what? So, your solution to pain is to... not do anything about it? How do you define finding a cure?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7