Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147102 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Man of CONSISTENT UPDATES!!
« Reply #1680 on: July 23, 2010, 01:11:14 pm »

>Program small flash game to boost programming another level.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1681 on: July 23, 2010, 01:22:48 pm »

Guess we can't find out what flavor Pandar's soul is now. Well, we CAN, but now there's not a real reason to.
Code: (SCIENCE!!) [Select]
[5-0] Program a complex physics simulation that will enable us to create killbot blueprints quickly and efficiently, testing their abilities without building them.
[1-1] Program an A.I. capable of predicting the effects of compound chemicals, then have it seek out a formulae that will induce a SCIENCE! Frenzy in those already predisposed to it.
[1-0] Program a device that will run in pararrel with your OS, looking out for errors/data corruption/external signals, etc. etc.
[1-0] Check our newly upgraded laptop for Wireless Internet capability.
[0] Program a self-improving A.I. and affix a robotic arm to the laptop. Be blissfully ignorant of its eccentricities until it is too late.
We should get some more chemicals after this. Chemistry could be a really good source of income for us.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 23, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »

[6-0] Program a complex physics simulation that will enable us to create killbot blueprints quickly and efficiently, testing their abilities without building them.
[1-2] Program an A.I. capable of predicting the effects of compound chemicals, then have it seek out a formulae that will induce a SCIENCE! Frenzy in those already predisposed to it.
[2-0] Program a device that will run in pararrel with your OS, looking out for errors/data corruption/external signals, etc. etc.
[0-1] Program a self-improving A.I. and affix a robotic arm to the laptop. Be blissfully ignorant of its eccentricities until it is too late.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1683 on: July 23, 2010, 02:09:28 pm »

I forgot to do this last post:

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 23, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »

omagaalpha, who gave you two votes?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 23, 2010, 02:13:43 pm »

omagaalpha, who gave you two votes?
huh
Guess we can't find out what flavor Pandar's soul is now. Well, we CAN, but now there's not a real reason to.
[5-0] Program a complex physics simulation that will enable us to create killbot blueprints quickly and efficiently, testing their abilities without building them.
[1-1] Program an A.I. capable of predicting the effects of compound chemicals, then have it seek out a formulae that will induce a SCIENCE! Frenzy in those already predisposed to it.
[1-0] Program a device that will run in pararrel with your OS, looking out for errors/data corruption/external signals, etc. etc.
[0] Program a self-improving A.I. and affix a robotic arm to the laptop. Be blissfully ignorant of its eccentricities until it is too late.
We should get some more chemicals after this. Chemistry could be a really good source of income for us.

[6-0] Program a complex physics simulation that will enable us to create killbot blueprints quickly and efficiently, testing their abilities without building them.
[1-2] Program an A.I. capable of predicting the effects of compound chemicals, then have it seek out a formulae that will induce a SCIENCE! Frenzy in those already predisposed to it.
[2-0] Program a device that will run in pararrel with your OS, looking out for errors/data corruption/external signals, etc. etc.
[0-1] Program a self-improving A.I. and affix a robotic arm to the laptop. Be blissfully ignorant of its eccentricities until it is too late.
I don't think I vote twice on one options
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 23, 2010, 02:20:03 pm »

Check again. You gave the first and third options a +1, the second and fifth options a -1. I kinda think we only get one positive and one negative vote. ;)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 23, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »

Check again. You gave the first and third options a +1, the second and fifth options a -1. I kinda think we only get one positive and one negative vote. ;)

Not quite.  Only one positive or negative vote per option.  Or at least, thats the way it has worked since the system was introduced.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 23, 2010, 02:24:25 pm »

Not quite.  Only one positive or negative vote per option.  Or at least, thats the way it has worked since the system was introduced.
Yep that right unless their post prove other wise by GM.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1689 on: July 23, 2010, 02:24:33 pm »

We need to standardize the voting. I like the idea of 1 positive and 1 negative.

Actually, do we even need negative votes? What's the point of them?

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 23, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »

We need to standardize the voting. I like the idea of 1 positive and 1 negative.

I disaggree and negative vote said that some people don't want that option to happen.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:32:31 pm by omagaalpha »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1691 on: July 23, 2010, 02:34:24 pm »

I disaggree and negative vote said that some people don't want that option to happen.
But when do we use negative votes? They don't really mean anything. A vote for something else is saying you don't want that to happen.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 23, 2010, 02:40:59 pm »

What about Veto's? They are negative votes. I mean what about when armok tried to ship us with anne in 'They told me I could be anyone...' Almost everyone Said Veto. For example someone says okay i vote for this, however its something you dont like and if you veto it the choice that you want will be more likely to happen.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:48 pm »

Problem CrownofFire is your thinking as only Or vote List but it can also be And vote list which mean more then one option can be choosen to put in update which then you has have voteing yes or no to each option. Plus what Ochita said.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 23, 2010, 02:48:35 pm »

I think that having multiple votes is better because we can choose to do more things at once and hopefully get more done in a shorter time.  So instead of :
Turn n:  Let's get coffeeeeeeeee!!!!!11!
Turn n+1: Let's make a robot.
Turn n+2: Let's test the robot.

We get:
Turn n:
-Let's get coffee
-Let's make a robot
-Let's test it

Also negative votes let us keep track of how many votes are for or against something.  We tried having only one number for a while and then it got messy with people changing their votes so we (Pandar) changed it so that you have what we have now.  For example:
-Dude 1: I vote for A[3]A,[0]B
-Dude 2: I vote Against A and For B[2]A,[1]B
-Dude 3: You missed Dude1's vote.  Also I suggest C[3]A,[1]B,[1]C
-Dudes 4,5: I vote For B[3]A,[3]B,[1]C
-Pandar: We do A and B.

So instead we have this:
-Dude 1: I vote For A.  [2-0]A,[0-0]B
-Dude 2: I vote Against A and For B. [2-1]A,[1-0]B
-Dude 3: I suggest C[2-1]A,[1-0]B,[1-0]C
-Dudes 4,5: I vote For B[3-0]B,[2-1]A,[1-0]C
-Pandar: We do B.

With the old system one little screw up skewed the results.  With the new system it is harder to skew the results.  (although it has happened slightly)

Edit: Cosmetic changes.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:53:22 pm by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140