Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147064 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1395 on: June 30, 2010, 11:18:46 am »

The interior of cars would certainly be useful. Unfortunately we don't really have a way to get in there without being noticed.We need to make a knockout chemical thing and some kind of transport system (dart gun?). We need chemicals! I say we should scout the area out a bit, see if there are any cameras. If there are, we can't risk being caught.

Actually, what we really need is a source of income for our science. It's a bad idea to sell stuff to both gangs and law systems, we don't want trouble from either of them. What we really need is to find a different place to sell robots to. Can we sell robots to a hobby store for a profitable amount? Of course we're not selling the Anklebiter or anything weapon related, but we should see about a spybot. Kids like things like that. The military likes robots with weapons, so in the future we should consider selling robots to them.

Also, you remember that rat's reaction to Hallucinogen+Reactive? After this is done with, we should try Hallucinogen+Reactive+Stable. Though we need more Hallucinogen, we only have 1.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 30, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

What we really need is a truck engine.  One with those big diesel turbochargers? Oh yeah, turbine power.

You know, one where the turbo wouldn't have been the cause of the entire engine being scrapped.  If just the Turbo had failed, you just swap in a new turbo.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1397 on: June 30, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »

What would we do with an engine? We can survive on the normal powergrid for now. We need some income before we can even think of getting out of the basement. After that we get a place to live, and then we get more power. For now we just need some income. We must locate a place that we can sell stuff to for a profit. At this point that is any place since we can scavenge from the scrapyard. We will need a way to get more materials eventually. I'm thinking that after we get some income and establish ourselves, we can set up a bribe system with the guard of scrapyard.

Actually, our best bet for income right now is Clockstop. We need to keep the recipe a secret, but if we can sell that, we'll be set for a while. Government contracts are good for that stuff. They pay a lot, and they tend to stay out of our business if we sell stuff to them. We need chemicals for more Clockstop, and we need to setup an appointment of sorts with some kind of government office, so we can sell our Clockstop.

We should secretly dilute it about 50% though. That way we can stretch out the supply, get more money, and make sure nobody else has the power we have. We should dilute it with water. Filtered water if possible, we need it to be as pure as possible, so that anything in the water can't interfere with it, and cause undesired side effects. Those tend to lose us customers.

As I said before, we should avoid gangs and the law enforcement as much as possible. No selling to either of them, we don't want gangs or police coming after us. We can sell things to the local government, because they should both be able to protect us and we can sell to them without attracting much attention.

Any contact with the gangs could get us arrested, and any contact with the police can get us in trouble with the gangs. For now we have to lay low from both of them. We really should secure a supply of chemicals for our future Clockstop business. I'm thinking that local pharmacies shall do just fine.

Edit: Paragraphed. Happy now?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:27:26 pm by CrownofFire »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 30, 2010, 03:21:45 pm »

GOOD GOD MAN PARAGRAPHING PARAGRAPHING
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:12 pm »

GOOD GOD MAN PARAGRAPHING PARAGRAPHING

My entire experience with writing any kind of story in a single post.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1400 on: June 30, 2010, 03:26:22 pm »

Who needs paragraphing? I think I'll paragraph it though, just for you :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 30, 2010, 03:27:58 pm »

*Wall-O-Text*
Engines do more than just supply electricity you know. We can use one to power a bigger, better robot. I agree that we should sell diluted clockstop to the government though. Scavenging will only get us so far, and we will need to get more money soon.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 30, 2010, 03:28:41 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1403 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:09 pm »

*Wall-O-Text*
Engines do more than just supply electricity you know. We can use one to power a bigger, better robot. I agree that we should sell diluted clockstop to the government though. Scavenging will only get us so far, and we will need to get more money soon.
Gas-powered robots tend to do things like blow up spectacularly. Lots of fun.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51651.msg1351795#msg1351795

Noting for later :3
Does this mean there will be an update soon? :D

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 30, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »

Means I hope to get one done within the next 50 posts, but you guys should reach consensus about priorities soon.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 30, 2010, 03:43:29 pm »

*Wall-O-Text*
Gas-powered robots tend to do things like blow up spectacularly. Lots of fun.
You say that as if it were a problem. Besides, no they don't. Only in movies do gas tanks randomly explode when hit. Gas-powered robots are nothing but cars on legs... With lots and lots of weaponry.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 30, 2010, 03:43:51 pm »

We don't need priorities! We need more SCIENCE!
Also, if you really want 50 posts more, you could have just asked.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 30, 2010, 03:48:06 pm »

No, I'm saying I don't want 50 more posts before my next update. I do want collective agreement though.

Also, shooting a gas tank puts a hole in it. Igniting gasoline vapor is not that easy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 30, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

He said within the next 50 posts.   Ninja'd.  I think we wanted to go into the warehouse and take a look around, steal any good stuff we could carry.
Code: [Select]
[8-1] - Go to main part of the junkyard, use back door to infiltrate warehouse.
[2-3] - Main
[2-5] - blow up democrabrain
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1409 on: June 30, 2010, 03:51:46 pm »

This thread is ridiculously long already. I think we've agreed that we just need scrap metal, circuitry, and chemicals if we can find any from the scrapyard. What we need to agree on is what to do AFTER the scrapyard. Also, let's look out for cameras in and around the warehouse. If we see any cameras, we don't go in. We'll just go to the main part if we do.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140