Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147348 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1080 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:03 am »

e: You DID move the Anklebiter up to level 2 programming, right?
Yes we did.

You're actually better at programming than Biology by a bit. it's a natural consequence of your Primary choice.
WHATEVER. We still need a microscope.

Why don't we make some security systems and sell them to people in our building?
Because we dont have any decent weapon systems? Whilst we (probably) have the knowledge to build automated turrets for people to stick behind their front door, we lack the resources required to build one. But it can't hurt to think up a design:
Code: [Select]
Automatic Turret thingy:
1 Tripod/Frame/whatever
1 Small electric motor (to move the gun around)
1 Digital Camera
1 Pistol
1 Control Unit
1 Solder (?)
2 Copper Wire (?)
Motion Sensing, tracking, firing programming (Level 2 minimum)
Where we do not have enough Digital Cameras or Pistols to build more than one. And it would shoot people's pets; nothing wrong with that on a moral level, but people might complain.
Long Live United Forenia!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 16, 2010, 08:41:21 am »

When I say security system, I mean one of those alarms that go beep when a door is opened. It's basic, but it might help us befriend our neighbors, maybe get some cash, even some stuff.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 16, 2010, 08:43:03 am »

When I say security system, I mean one of those alarms that go beep when a door is opened. It's basic, but it might help us befriend our neighbors, maybe get some cash, even some stuff.
Friend, in this neighboorhood, a beep ain't gonna save you if someone breaks into your house.
Long Live United Forenia!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 16, 2010, 08:44:56 am »

You got a point there.

If we're gonna make turrets like that, we're gonna need more guns, cameras and some way to distinguish friend from foe.

I would want to get a better lap top, but I don't see how...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 16, 2010, 09:07:20 am »

Friend, in this neighboorhood, a beep ain't gonna save you if someone breaks into your house.
I think everyone has a gun, so it probably would.

Why standard guns? We could make fast-acting tranquilizer darts instead, which wouldn't get us killed if they accidentally mis-identified a friend as a target.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:40 am »

If we get a refined enough sensor, we could use a identification system based on heartbeat pattern.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 16, 2010, 09:10:17 am »

If we get a refined enough sensor, we could use a identification system based on heartbeat pattern.
Now, we need money... Hmmm...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 16, 2010, 10:05:01 am »

Clockstop is an extremely useful compound, I think we should get it patented and then try to set up a deal with the government selling it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 16, 2010, 10:05:46 am »

Clockstop is an extremely useful compound, I think we should get it patented and then try to set up a deal with the government selling it.

Let THEM use OUR creation?!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 16, 2010, 10:08:38 am »

But that's the point! The robber would more than likely infer that
A) It's calling the cops.
B)It's got something nasty in store.
C) all of the above.

And so discourages robberies. And the best part is that robbers in this tenement don't get mad because they already know that the beep does nothing. The alarm will degrade very quickly however once word gets around that the beeps are harmless.

Clockstop is an extremely useful compound, I think we should get it patented and then try to set up a deal with Iran selling it.
fixed.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 16, 2010, 10:26:54 am »

Let THEM use OUR creation?!
No, let them pay us for the privilege of using something created by a true genius. Besides, as long as we keep the patent we can stop the supply at any time if when we turn on them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:08 am »

I'm against selling Clockstop at all. If we do, somebody will likely find its composition and make more of it illegally, making it harder for us to beat them. Even if they don't, there will be stockpiles of it.

We should only sell drugs that won't directly interfere with our plans, a miracle cure for cancer.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:06 am »

I think the security system should fire darts coated with hallucinogen+reactive. Also, we should program a rudimentary facial recognition software.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 16, 2010, 01:45:37 pm »

Why bother with facial recognition? Just a tiny motion-powered transmitter in your pocket or on your wrist will allow the system to discern you from anyone else.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 16, 2010, 02:37:22 pm »

Brilliant! And then it gets stolen...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 140