Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147089 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2010, 04:28:40 pm »

PHYSICS:
PHYSICS is linked to many of the skills - bigger KILLBOTICS devices, for instance, need better understanding of Mad Physics to be properly supported and to manage their weight better. You can also construct devices such as EMP grenades, Faraday cages to prevent screwing up your own things with your EMP grenades, the like. PHYSICS also governs ballistic and melee weapons from guns to chainsaw arms, as well as your melee skill.

PHYSICS rarely requires labs, but tends to be a secondary skill attached to other things as a bonus. The parts are generally low-cost and high-yield with nonstandard results for the alternative weaponry type things, and the improvements to your weaponry PHYSICS can provide are going to be important. PHYSICS is used so often that it'll generally level up with whatever else you're doing, if lagging a little behind it.

BIOLOGY: 1
CHEMISTRY: 2
ECTOBIOLOGY
KILLBOTICS: 3
LAZORS
NUCLEAR POWARRRR
PHYSICS
PROGRAMMING: 1
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »

I want mind-controlled massssses D:

That's what the threat of death is for.

Or fates worse than death, depending on how we roll.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2010, 04:38:30 pm »

Yeah but with mind control, we'll stop the inevitable plucky heroes who risk death to stop us before they even get started.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 04:43:53 pm »

Mind-control would be best done with CHEMISTRY. And fear.

Now...

ATOMICS:
Though NUCLEAR POWARRRR requires complex labs, high-cost parts and chemicals, and above all, time, it would be unwise to underestimate it. ATOMICS provides the most devastating weapons, from particle cannons and beams to nuclear bombs. Deploying large-scale ATOMICS can and will show the world you're serious - it may be a good idea to neutralize as many of the world's nuclear-weapon-possessing governments as you can before deploying your own, most likely.

NUCLEAR POWARRRR is not especially effective at low or low-mid levels, but at about level 5 it begins to make powerful advances. The greatest reason to take ATOMICS, if you also take KILLBOTICS, is that at level 7 you can make fusion reactors. Mini-fission reactors are also useful at mid-level (4 and up) but are expensive. In this regard, it's a question of how valuable it is to you. Also, the knowledge of radiation, dealing with radiation poisoning and preventing it, etc., can be useful - it would be wise to at least have an ATOMICS book before attempting anything with it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2010, 04:52:33 pm »

I vote for biology and chemisty.

Mind controlling our abominations!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2010, 04:57:00 pm »

Killbots all the way, build a big old space station, using programing as our second and atomic as a close third we will rule the world.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2010, 04:58:03 pm »

Our creations will shoot acid from their eyes! Mwahaha!

Anyways, physics doesn't cover what I thought it did, so I am now 100% behind CHEMISTRY and the BIOLOGY

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 04:59:20 pm »

What did you think it covered?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 05:05:25 pm »

Stuff like electricity, quantum effects, gravity weapons, and interdimensional portals?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2010, 05:09:42 pm »

I was thinking about that. Electricity-based stuff would actually fall under it, as well as improved non-KILLBOTICS motors and stuff, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle quantum effects, thinking with portals, and toying with gravity.... :c
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 05:13:09 pm »

PHYSICS is all about messing with the very fundamental forces of reality! As is it is kind of dull.

Lightning and electricity and better machines are nice and impressive sometimes, but they are a bit limited unless your using them to do some real MAD! SCIENCE!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »

Mmm. Very well. We'll add gravity manipulation around upper mid level, some extra electricity stuff throughout (no mad SCIENCE! is complete without abusing Tesla stuff), and quantum stuff at high level (I hope you're ready to spring for an expensive laboratory). No portals, because those would be a mess and I have no idea what I would demand you have to make portals/portal guns.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ZiggZugg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 05:34:04 pm »

The way I look at it, there can be few other apocalypses more horrifying than grey goo. Imagine, if you will, nanotechnology so advanced, that it ultimately engulfs the entire planet, turning it into a mass of nanomachines floating in space. Even better, imagine such a mass capable of manuevering in space, or at the very least, sending portions of itself out of orbit. Not only would the death of the planet be confirmed, but if there's sentient life anywhere else in the universe, they'll eventually be damned to a grey gooey doom as well.

That said, I think Programming and Biology should be our focus, with the eventual goal of Nanotechnology Killbotics, and possibly some Physics and Chemistry for rocket science.

Programming: Nanobots shenanigans are expensive, and with proper hacking, monetary problems will only be temporary. More importantly though, no self-respecting government will allow you to turn the planet into a cosmic horror. So, the first step is to institute a global conspiracy revolving around brain chips: Programming is significantly more dangerous in a world where brain chips are present. As human brains are not hackable in their biological state, a programmer is unlikely to garner the attention of the government. However, when the world is more or less cybernetic, you can come out of hiding to wreak havoc as you please, and with your skills as developed as they will be, none can properly challenge you. From there, with your mind-controlling abilities, you can work towards a more gooey apocalypse.

Biology: If we're going to bring about a brain chip conspiracy, we'll need some knowledge of biology to properly meld man and machine. Also, conspiracies, though quiet and out of the way, will take a while to come about. Dying of old age is not an option, so finding ways to extend your life through biology will come in handy. Until nano-regeneration is an option, this will be your primary method of keeping alive longer.

Killbotics: Grey Goo. Best end of the universe scenario ever. nuff said.

Physics: If we want to damn not only the Earth, but the universe too, we'll need space travel of some sort. Rocket science, gravitational catapults, magnetic propulsion and the like are necessary for dooming any and all other life out there.

Chemistry: If we take the rocket science method of universal destruction, we'll need both Physics AND Chemistry to make it happen.

SO, with all of this in mind, I saw we'd best start with Programming and move through the sciences in said order. If I'm going to be a man of science, I'd rather not have my work halted by lack of funds or angry world governments. Hacking and a brain chip conspiracy should eventually cure both of those problems.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »

ATOMICS
BIOLOGY: 3
CHEMISTRY: 3
ECTOBIOLOGY
KILLBOTICS: 4
LAZORS
PHYSICS
PROGRAMMING: 2

Reminder: "Show them all" is hampered by "Everyone is mass off planeteatingnanonobots"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 05:47:14 pm »

I say we go with KILLBOTICS, later backed up with BIOLOGY instead of PROGRAMMING. But a PROGRAMMING book maybe. And something CHEMISTRYlike as well. We don't want just robots, robots are cliche. We need half-animals, half-robots, which are even more cliche!
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140