Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147038 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 03:34:13 pm »

ECTOBIOLOGY:
This field requires labs at the middle-level mark and involves reanimating the dead in various ways. Your undead minions require few chemicals (save a little embalming fluid) and are easy to obtain (if you can rob graves unseen). They're durable, strong (if a bit slow), cause standard morale-damage with a normal fear-inspiring-ability dropoff over time, like most disciplines, and are in every way baseline. However, ECTOBIOLOGY suffers from a lack of alternative options. You simply unleash your hoards of the living dead on your enemies. At higher levels you can streamline this process, but ultimately in amounts to "Make zombies, attack with zombies." Additionally, Survivors in zombie-infested zones will cause constant damage to your numbers, even in captured areas. Finally, zombies do not distinguish between friend and foe for any living creatures, so if they're going to fight alongside other creations they had best be KILLBOTS, and you should take care not to let your zombies near you until you discover a way to make them not notice you.

Their greatest disadvantage, however, is that each military or paramilitary force you fight will get better at eliminating them via headshot over time. While this ability is not carried between locations, it means that you will need extremely large hordes to finish anything off - good luck doing any force in for good without first picking up the Viral Zombies upgrade (level 4, you WILL need it to make zombies any good).

GlyphGryph: Didn't... didn't we already go over this?

So far the list of SCIENCE!s:
BIOLOGY
CHEMISTRY
ECTOBIOLOGY
KILLBOTICS
LAZORS
NUCLEAR POWARRRR
PHYSICS
PROGRAMMING

If there's anything I should add, feel free to recommend it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 03:36:12 pm »

I vote PROGRAMING, KILLBOTICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.
Also, I vote our AGENDA shuld be to conjure Azathoth at full power.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 03:39:31 pm »

Shush, maybe I just wanted an excuse to use a poorly modified quote from Monty Python, huh? Did you ever think of that?

Also, my vote is Chemisty, so what's your point?

The ultimate goal, of course, being the creation of a drug that lets you REMEMBER THE FUTURE.

Or something.

Or at least a drug that makes everyone forget so you can do whatever you want...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »

Hell, we'll start formal voting. We're only choosing the primary discipline now.

BIOLOGY
CHEMISTRY: 1
ECTOBIOLOGY
KILLBOTICS
LAZORS
NUCLEAR POWARRRR
PHYSICS
PROGRAMMING: 1
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 03:44:06 pm »

Killbotics as primary.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 03:44:13 pm »

I vote KILLBOTICS. BIOLOGY is sorely tempting, but I feel it won't mesh as well with anything else.

Question: If you don't start with a skill, is it possible to acquire it later?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 03:46:14 pm »

PRIMARY: CHEMISTRY
SECONDARY: BIOLOGY
BOOKS: KILLBOTICS, PROGRAMMING
Also maybe: some kind of mind control science
=Performance altering drugs.
Plan:
STAGE 1: Develop better-than-conventional, but not too good, performance altering (improving) drugs. Sell en massé to THE GOVERNMENT, nice and legalish. Simultaneously, develop consumer electronics with the aid of KILLBOTICS. Housework Robots, or something (hooverbots, automated ovens, ect).
STAGE 2: In secret, improve performance drugs, in two lines: Line X, an improved version of the mass-sale government drugs, with an additional component: some form of mutagen/mind control/poison, which requires activation.
And Line Z, a more risky but vastly improved performance drug for the use by your minions in STAGE 4
On the consumer electronics front, develop (in secret), vastly improved version of the previous product(s), with integrated activators for the secret component of Line X.
STAGE 3: Release Line Z to the government. Get them hooked (really hooked). Also release Consumer Electronics+.
STAGE 4: Declare war on the world. Deploy MINION armies. Activate Line X biotoxins, by means of the wide spread Consumer Electronics+.
STAGE 5: ????
STAGE 6: PROFIT

The point is, I vote for CHEMISTRY for primary science.
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 03:49:46 pm »

Can we get a description of ECTOBIOLOGY, PHYSICS, NUCLEAR POWARRRR, and LAZORS?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »

One would think Nucleur power would be covered by Physics and Rays... what does it offer that is different?

ALSO I approve of Nukes overall plan.

But we ALSO need to try to start remembering the future as soon as possible.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 04:08:33 pm »

BIOLOGY
CHEMISTRY: 2
ECTOBIOLOGY
KILLBOTICS: 2
LAZORS
NUCLEAR POWARRRR
PHYSICS
PROGRAMMING: 1

You gain levels in SCIENCE by using them. Eventually you can level up your book-skills enough not to need the books if you use them enough, then progress them onward normally. You can also sell off your books at that point.

If you wish to learn a new field, you need merely find suitable books. Some are harder to find than others (i.e. easier to find PROGRAMMING than NUCLEAR POWARRRR, which is easier than finding ECTOBIOLOGY). However, picking up extra fields is something you probably shouldn't be concerned with in the early game. You'll want to strengthen between two and four fields to get higher-quality stuff first. Plus, maintaining multiple labs can increase costs with little gain in the early phases.

Criptfeind: ECTOBIOLOGY and LAZORS are already provided. I'll put up PHYSICS and NUCLEAR POWARRRR in a second.

NUCLEAR POWARRRR (aka ATOMICS) gives you the most high-powered stuff - fusion reactors, nuclear weapons, etc. - but it's all late-game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 04:14:55 pm »

Ah yes sorry, I missed them :-[

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 04:16:50 pm »

Very interesting indeed.
I vote for BIOLOGY as the primary, then add KILLBOTICS as secondary, CHEMISTRY and PROGRAMMING as books.
On with the flying shark monkey armada of doom
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 04:23:36 pm »

Voting for KILLBOTICS.

Say, later on, can we force scientists from other disciplines to work for us under the watchful eyes of our friendly robots?

Although they could sabotage the work they did. Perhaps PSYCHOLOGY might be useful in brainwashing convincing them that they shouldn't do that. What discipline would mind control devices fall under?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 04:24:27 pm »

Chemistry. Brainwashing drugs would be chemistry.

(Also, Psychology is out. :P)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2010, 04:24:52 pm »

What, we're not gonna go for Ze Human Brain? D:

I want mind-controlled massssses D:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 140