Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 146973 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 11:23:50 am »

This is true. I stop voting for LAZORZ as a primary science, and vote Robotics.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 11:26:55 am »

Indeed, Robots sound like they have more diversity in abilities. Then again, there are a host of functions a good ray can do. From the humble freeze to the devious polymorph rays, there is some application to be had there.

Then again, this requires a man of SCIENCE to do the dirty work. And that just won't do. Robot minions all the way.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 11:45:30 am »

The Science of Sound and Music.

We will rock out! And be able to blast our enemies with the Brown Note! Or make them pass out! And really pump up our minions!

EVERYTHING will have exclamation marks!!

PRIMARY: BILLYMAYSHERE!
SECONDARY: OXYCLEANGUYS!

With the power of shouting and flesh-melting solvents combined, we are mucho scientifico.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 11:50:36 am »

Johny come lately votes Robots as well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 11:53:53 am »

Mwahahaha, my robot rebellion is succeeding!

Excellent precedent for later on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01:48 pm »

Robots are so overrated.. in my opinion..
What happened to the biological weapons?
Such as zombies with machineguns attached to ther arms?
Or large mutated rats with shark heads?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 12:12:32 pm »

Or small mutated sharks with rat heads?

Anyway, I vote for Nanomachinery and Robotics, either of them primary/secondary.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »

I think we should do robotics, Lazorz and also Bioengineering.

We can have Sharks With Fricken' lazor beams on their heads!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 02:02:02 pm »

To answer various questions:
Biological weapons involve using low-mid level CHEMISTRY in combination with mid-level BIOLOGY.
Zombies require mid-level ECTOBIOLOGY and attaching a machine gun requires low-level KILLBOTICS
Mutated rats with shark heads requires mid-level BIOLOGY.

You'll start with low-mid level (level 3) of your primary discipline, low-level of a second one (level 2), and the books to utilize fundamentals (level 1) of two other fields when you have those books available.

KILLBOTICS:
KILLBOTICS rarely requires chemicals but demands a large number of parts, some of which are very hard to find. As you improve in KILLBOTICS, you'll need more complex workshops - beyond what other disciplines demand - to produce better and larger ones (or specialized smaller ones). A killbot can only be as good as the parts you make it from, no matter how good your PROGRAMMING science is. Speaking of PROGRAMMING, you have little choice but to make that your secondary or one of your books, because more complex behaviors, better success rates on your robots, and eventually true artificial intelligences require your to improve your PROGRAMMING skill in parallel with ROBOTICS. In addition, you'll have to outfit them with your own produced weaponry or buy weaponry off the black market, which can be expensive on top of the costs of specialized parts. Additionally, the few chemicals you do need will often be Volatiles, Purified Volatiles, and Purified Reactants for their engines/reactors. At low-level, killbots may be steam-powered (requires coal), gasoline-powered (four dollars a gallon, you poor bastard), or electric-powered (requires custom batteries - you'll get the battery design and parts/chemicals added to your INVENTIONS list if you choose this path.

The advantages are obvious - you can make durable extensions of yourself for no greater cost than what it takes to piece them together, equip them with anything you find, modify them on the fly, teach them to do anything, once you get the pieces, the KILLBOTICS skill to assemble them, and the PROGRAMMING skill to make them do what you need them to. Additionally, KILLBOTICS weapons are very adaptable over time - while authorities you anger may eventually adjust to, say, LAZORS with appropriate armoring, if the LAZORS on your killbots are no longer sufficient you may change them to missiles or bullets (or a combination thereof, if you have the CHEMISTRY and PHYSICS books/skills to make them yourself). This may even happen within a single confrontation if you have diversified your killbots' loadouts, and may happen without you even needing to order it with some simple weapon efficiency algorithms (PROGRAMMING level 3). Finally, robots become visually impressive quite rapidly, and are more likely to cause enemy forces' morale to collapse at early levels, while not losing their impressiveness over time like many other forms of SCIENCE! do.

Feel free to ask about any other forms of SCIENCE! you wish to know about.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:25:43 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 02:13:09 pm »

Teach us about VIRUSOLOGY.

WE WILL KILL THEM WITH DISEASE.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »

That's under BIOLOGY. Would you like to hear of that instead?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 02:19:27 pm »

I vote...
PSYCHOLOGY

Alternatively, should that garner no support,

DRUGS AND SERUMS

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:35 pm »

Also, you dont need programming with Killbotics if you are doing Mechs or Cybernetics stuff right?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »

PSYCHOLOGY isn't an option because Mad Psychology is boring. <_<; I know you're going to argue it, and I already know how, and I've thought about that. You want to be Hannibal Lecter, you can do it in your actions and speech(es).

DRUGS AND SERUMS would be a subset of CHEMISTRY (which I'm going to be nice and recommend you have books for). Would you like to hear of that instead?

KILLBOTICS will always require at least a little programming. Piloting a mech yourself more or less DEMANDS some support programming in it because even the best Performance Enhancers CHEMISTRY can provide will give you a moderate chance of success in a zero-programming one.

Skipping to the Cybernetics parts would be highly inefficient, but while they work without PROGRAMMING they become much better with it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:07 pm »

Tell us of chemistry, biology, and programing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140