Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 10,000 Leagues Under the... Earth? (Inspired by Undergrotto)  (Read 6298 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: 10,000 Leagues Under the... Earth? (Inspired by Undergrotto)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »

I know, right?

You are free to use any ideas. They aren't mine to claim as mine and mine only, seeing as how they are posted on a forum...
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2010, 06:53:25 pm »

Brainstorming = the best way to keep yourself continually entertained in DF, imho. Start with a loose idea, write down everything you can think of that's cool about it and how that would translate to DF, then go even vaguer and research more stuff surrounding your initial idea, then start to hammer out the specifics of what you want in DF mechanics. Potential derail spoilered.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a largely unrelated note, how's the progress coming TGL?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

Interestingly... I am having issues. Sibrek, one of the two missing-masterwork-masons, is miserable (Retro, you are recovering. You're still a little unhappy, but you are getting there). If I run the game, she goes stark raving mad half way through autumn, every time (it JUST now turned autumn).

I need help, is there any way to save her?? I don't want to lose this dwarf. Is there some kind of minor mod/utility that would help?
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 07:23:50 pm »

No clue how to save her, unless you can get a masterwork item of something she likes in her room.

Anyways, I look forward to the next upload of your map to see how things are going.
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »

The masterwork loss negative hit is a huge one, but it's divided evenly between the number of masterworks the dwarf in question has made, thus more masterworks = significantly less of a hit. I don't know about this, but it's possible that if you have Sibrek make far more masterworks then the negative hit will retroactively decrease... if that doesn't work, start training a new mason! :0

I suppose you could also use DC to manually edit her happiness, though I think it'll keep dropping. Really, just pamper the crap out of your dwarves (cough artifacts in dining room cough)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »

I suppose you could also use DC to manually edit her happiness, though I think it'll keep dropping. Really, just pamper the crap out of your dwarves (cough artifacts in dining room cough)

Dwarf Companion can edit happiness?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2010, 07:36:28 pm »

Give her a royal room. The easiest way to do this is to pump out ludicrous amounts of statues and pack the rooms with them.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »

I have no idea how to get Dwarf Companion to work!!

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 07:52:23 pm »

Well, good thing I didnt get dorfed in as her, heh...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 07:52:39 pm »

Very carefully.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 07:53:11 pm »

Well, good thing I didnt get dorfed in as her, heh...
Yeah, hahaha...
Very carefully.
You care to help??

EDIT: ITS WORKING!! YAAAAAAAAY
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:00:56 pm by They Got Leader »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 08:12:32 pm »

Honestly, I can't get DC to work either. I was just making a joke.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 08:32:50 pm »

Nonetheless, I got it to work.

I changed Retros and Sibreks happiness to 700 (ecstatic).

Ironically, Retro keeps resetting to 40 and Sibrek is staying at 700.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 02:43:14 pm »

I have issues playing DF2010 (don't get me wrong, I'm excited and I love it), the bugs just make it a little hard.

So I fired up good ole 40d to find this. My unfinished megaproject.

TO WORK MY MINIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]