Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dainty Crew (Pixie Civ)  (Read 758 times)

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
The Dainty Crew (Pixie Civ)
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:42:02 pm »

In an attempt to make my own playable civilization, I've made pixies. I'll post all the stuff I have so far, and am more than open to suggestions about what I should do next and how I can make them not suck.
Creature_standard
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Entity
Item_ammo
Item_weapon

I haven't started the language yet, I just have the file. Also, I never see any pixies no matter how many times I gen a new world, not even in the legends. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: The Dainty Crew (Pixie Civ)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:59:33 pm »

I'm rooting around with your raws now, and there are quite a few errors.  You should take a look at errorlog.txt when testing your mods, it tends to outline the major problems.  Currently it looks as though the problem is that you're using biomes in the site tokens, which doesn't work.  I'll post details when I get them showing up in-game.

EDIT: okay, I got them showing up.  There are a number of issues that need to be sorted.

1. Unless you added a 2HEARTS token to the body raws, it doesn't exist, so if you want your creature to work you need to add it to body_standard.txt or just use HEART.

2. Biome tokens don't work as site types - check the wiki for a list of appropriate site tokens.

3. You misspelt JUSTIFIED_IF_SELF_DEFENSE as JUSTIFIED_IF_SELF_DEFENCE.  This probably isn't terribly important, but it threw up an error so it might as well be addressed.

4. You can't specify BOWMAN as a permitted job, sorry.  Bows are useless to fortress civs.

5. If you haven't deleted the normal pixie entry in your raws, you'll get the standard crazy duplicate creature screwups and DF tends to crash during civ placement in world generation.

Other issues may arise from using CURIOUSBEAST and AMBUSHPREDATOR on a fortress civ, but I haven't tested that so it might work fine.  Again, make sure you root through errorlog.txt in your main directory if you're having issues with mods.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:13:28 pm by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:08:28 pm »

Damn, I suck at this.
I just stuck 2 hearts in on the assumption that the game could replicate more than one organ and I thought it might make them less susceptible to death by stabbing. I'll take it out, it doesn't really help.
My bad on the biome tokens. And the spelling.
Righto.
Didn't know there were normal pixies.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 01:11:41 pm »

You only count as sucking if you don't ask questions or accept assistance!  Since you're doing both I think you're safe from suckage.
Also known as Zuhayr.