Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksdwarves try to fill their quivers  (Read 426 times)

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Marksdwarves try to fill their quivers
« on: September 04, 2006, 02:59:00 am »

Exactly what the title says:

Marksdwarves attempt to fill their quivers with as much ammo as possible; even if it means breaking apart a pile to do it.

Because... Well, having a marksdwarf pickup 5 turtle bone bolts when i KNOW that the quiver can hold 30 snakeman bone bolts is pretty damn silly.

"Hey ed, want to go hunting?"
"Sure! Let me just grab this massive pile of just 3 fish bone bolts, and i'm ready! Even if i'll take three shots with three misses and have to run back for more the moment i step outside!"

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarves try to fill their quivers
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:04:00 am »

I think this is kinda related to how dwarves have to carry one seed at a time. Are plump helmet seeds the size of a dwarf's head, or what?

Premier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by odd2k:
<STRONG>I think this is kinda related to how dwarves have to carry one seed at a time. Are plump helmet seeds the size of a dwarf's head, or what?</STRONG>

Well, they are DWARVES...

PvK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 01:45:00 pm »

I wish the marksdwarves in Adventure Mode would also pick up ammo when they need it.

And that fighters without a weapon would also pick up weapons, and/or that the player could hand them equipment to use.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 01:34:00 am »

don't think it's just bolts.. it's everything that can be put in a stack. they just don't stack up.. well half the time it's to do with different qualities.. take horse bone bolts for example, i think you can make stacks of maybe 45 (or some big number) if you start with a stack of 9 bones. and they'll grab that

incidentally.. i don't know why dwarves sometimes shoot in the same room (with multiple targets) but sometimes don't....