Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Mayday tile set] everying is female!  (Read 1702 times)

Begory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Mayday tile set] everying is female!
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:01:17 am »

I'm sorry I didn't tell you the version, I think it's the newest one (of mayday that is). Also some of you might remember this thread from a while back, it didn't quite get resolver  :P. Since then I've reinstalled Df quite a few times, but one problem is I can't delete all the original files for the original Df because when I downloaded it I didn't put it in a folder so all the files are all over the place. (Actual game problem down here) So what I've noticed is that every living thing in my game is always female at the start any ways, is there a tag for this in the raw? What happens usually is I'll start out with all females (I just you the "embark" button I never plan) then maybe if I'm lucky I'll get one maybe two males in an immigration. Although it's not uncommon to just have female. So can you help me?

PS: I'll be gone for a while so wont be able to respond, but will appreciate the suggestions when I get back. Also how can I check gender other then pressing "v"?

thank you.   

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mayday tile set] everying is female!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17:52 pm »

Could you have accidently added [NO_GENDER] to the dwarf raws?

Just a random shot in the dark.

Begory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Maygreen tile set] everying is female!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:10 am »

Thanks for the reply, but there's no way I could have done that, As I never have gone into the raw thingy before. Only once to change sound to "ON". Also I think that the problem comes from maygreen, as I tried the original DF and it seemed I had a quite a lot of females, but I still had a few males. So I guess the question is, is any one else having this problem if so how can it be fixed? if not what are some other good tile set?

So I've uninstalled then reinstalled maygreen and dwarf fortress and I'm still having the same problem. So where would I find the tag that shows the dwarfs gender? I would like to go check if maygreen has messed something up. Also I would really appreciate if who ever shows me how to get to the gender tags to show them in order like so

"blah blah>blah12>blah file
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:35:30 am by Begory »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:36:18 pm »

What about the animals?

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »

Another Mayday bug: points during preparations are missing the '0'. So if I have 510 points it looks like I have 51 points, and 206 points looks like 2 6 points.