Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Announcement timestamps  (Read 713 times)

The Dark Bunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Announcement timestamps
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:06:00 am »

I tend to leave DF running in the background while I do other things.  Thus, I'm generally not looking at the window when non-pausing announcements come up.  What I'd like to see is something like this:

02 Gal 1052: Unib Adbomirek cancels Plant Seeds: Needs Plump Helmet spawn.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement timestamps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50:00 am »

Seconded. But it'd only make sense if the current in-game time was visible as well. It'd be nice to have it pop up, say, in the top window row when you pause the game. The only sense of a flow of time are the "spring has arrived"-type messages.

Oh, and a function to jump to the source of the announcement would be extremely welcome.

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement timestamps
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 08:51:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mickel:
<STRONG>Seconded. But it'd only make sense if the current in-game time was visible as well. It'd be nice to have it pop up, say, in the top window row when you pause the game. The only sense of a flow of time are the "spring has arrived"-type messages.

Oh, and a function to jump to the source of the announcement would be extremely welcome.</STRONG>

If you press <z> from the main game, it'll bring up a lot of information about your fortress, like it's population and your stocks and whatnot.  In the top-right corner of that screen is the current date.