Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Galactic Expansion.  (Read 9169 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Expansion.
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

There I think I fixed it.
What I tend to do, and I think many others do to, is to go not from each players last post, but from the last official turn post, each time. Also putting a quote of the pleares turn in your oficial post is common practice.
The quote is a good idea and I will start doing that. But for the last official turn post does not work because you guys are always making changes to your turns with out putting up the whole turn/editing your first post.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2010, 06:02:20 pm »

What town are you building in, anyhow, armok?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:09 pm »

The genesis city. and info is up, check it out.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2010, 06:27:32 pm »

There I think I fixed it.
What I tend to do, and I think many others do to, is to go not from each players last post, but from the last official turn post, each time. Also putting a quote of the pleares turn in your oficial post is common practice.
The quote is a good idea and I will start doing that. But for the last official turn post does not work because you guys are always making changes to your turns with out putting up the whole turn/editing your first post.
I meant since the last official main turn post by YOU, so all posts since the start of the turn you're currently writing the post for.

also, I think you forgot the last part of my post, about scientists working on public opinion, and researchers with land vehicles surveying.

Anyway, actions this turn:
The veichle factory builds an unit of small submarines, with rather broad applications ranging from exploration to construction to collection/salvage work.
I upgrade the computer factory to level 2.
I build infrastructure for the city, like communal transport, roads, parking spaces, water and sewage related stuff, broadband, etc. (all of them commercial, obviously, you have to pay fees to drive on the roads etc.)
[depending on if I discovered any resources in the survey, I might want to build something related to those as well.]
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2010, 11:17:02 pm »

Begin recording, log file 0004

Joseph Thorne speaking, Captain of the research ship NUHFS Tesla.

So far so good. Things have been rather uneventful to date. The mine is now up and running, churning out raw iron ore. To use this, we’re going to be contracting that construction team to do a lot of work for us. We’re going to need a foundry to process the ore, a power station for the lot of them, and after we have the basics, a shipyard and a vehicle bay. And eventually, a research lab. I don’t know how far our meager credits will get, but hopefully they’ll be enough.

Oh, and something else of interest occurred. Our orbital scans did not find any more ore deposits, but there was something else in the polar regions. We didn’t know what it was, save it was a signal of some sort. However, the only ship I had at the moment was the Tesla itself. It has good scanners, but it’s unarmed. At the moment, I decided to wait until the rovers are repaired. I’ll send one of them to investigate this signal. For now, the Tesla will put its energies toward deciphering that signal.

End log file.
Joseph Thorne signing off.

((Actions: Build, in this order: Power station, foundry/refinery for the ore, vehicle bay, shipyard, research lab.  Work on deciphering the signal))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »

Note the rovers are working as of this turn.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2010, 12:41:08 am »

((Oh, well, then I'll send one to check out the polar signal))

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »

((A question. How will research work?))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2010, 10:50:55 pm »

Generally you will assign people to research something and than I will make a roll and put on modifiers, if you succeed you will make progress and another roll will be made to see how much.

Edit sorry for the lack of turn today, a lot of shit has been happening and I have not had enough time with the computer that has all the stuff on it.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2010, 10:58:38 pm »

((S'alright. Life happens. Anyway, how about what actually gets invented? Given that many inventions and breakthroughs occur by accident, maybe a bit of randomness in what is discovers is in order? Like a 1/8 chance of getting a random improvement rather than or in addition to the original project?))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2010, 03:41:07 pm »

Yes you can end up with something other than what you try to get.

Also I am working on the turn and have a question... why do you always get crits when you are trying to build stuff?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:46 pm »

Sorry guys but the turn will be postponed for now. I need to do some stuff, on the other hand look at thunderclans stats and tell me what you think, I will soon fix all the stats to look like that. Phantom is up.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:51:33 pm by Criptfeind »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2010, 05:36:18 pm »

Looks really good.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2010, 01:51:22 am »

Are you up to changing Fighters to Infantry?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »

While waiting for Criptfiend to post the next turn, I decided to kill a little time by writing up a few of the technologies that the CRD can create once they get their research lab up and running.

Technologies

Offensive
Remote guidance system. RGS
   A highly advanced communication system that removes the need for a missile to carry advanced computer systems. Instead, the missiles receive guidance data from a remote AI or human operator located onboard a ship or station, or in a planet based facility. This has several benefits for the user. First, missile production is cheaper without having to install advanced processing equipment. Second, this saves space in the missile, allowing them to be smaller and lighter or to have additional room for the warhead. Third, this technology entirely sidesteps the ethical issue of creating sentient AI’s for the sole purpose of blowing themselves up with the missile. However, the RGS depends on an intact communication system onboard the host platform. If this is jammed or damaged, the missiles will loose their tracking capability.

DataPhage class missile
   A special purpose warhead, designed to do digital damage rather than physical damage. The missile itself has a kinetic warhead, made from a dense tungsten  alloy. The warhead itself does a limited focused damage to the target’s armor, mostly just the act of punching a hole through it. However, once the missile has breached the target, the primary program activates. The digital systems within the missile interface with any datalines within range, and start uploading viral programs and interfering with transmitted signals. This will have a variety of effects, such as disabling the ships systems, blinding their scanners, interfering with their targeting, or, if the enemy target’s computers are fully subverted, powering down the ship or station altogether or disabling life support, allowing the ship to be captured at the end of the battle. However, do not attempt to use this on shielded ships. The missile must make contact with the physical ship itself to initiate its primary function.

Hermes rotary cannon
   An improvement over the standard laser cannon found on most fighter systems. The Hermes RC consists of four standard laser cannons that share a common generator and focusing lens. The components that cannot be shared are placed in a rotating housing so that each one in turn can be brought to the common shared components. Once discharged, the laser is moved out of the way to make room for the next laser and given an opportunity to recharge. This system gives a single weapon the firing rate and power of four separate lasers. Granted, the energy required is increased, but the component sharing reduces the energy cost well below what it would take to power four separate laser cannons.

Defensive

Bio-organic armor
   An armor arising from the fusion of biology and metallurgy. The bio-organic armor takes its inspiration from the human skeletal system, but rather than growing by playing calcium deposits (as in human bones) it lays down a titanium carbon alloy. While functionally similar to the standard armor, the organic aspect gives it several advantages. First and foremost, it is self healing. After a fight, the titanium carbon bone will regrow, automatically repairing the damage done to it. Secondly, it is adaptive. Like human bones, it is constantly undergoing remodeling, improving itself and adapting to the stresses placed upon it. It becomes more streamlined and efficient the longer it is used.

Triton grav shielding.
   The Triton shielding is a new form of energy shields functioning by the projection of gravity. The Triton shield makes a field of intense gravity around the ship, focusing at the points of impact of incoming ordinance. Rather than absorbing the energy from such incoming projectiles, the Triton shielding redirects them away from the ship or station they are protecting, allowing them to fly harmlessly by with expending only a fraction of the energy cost. This is more effective with solid and particle projectiles and missiles. However, energy based weapons, such as lasers and beams will require more energy to deflect successfully.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12