Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Galactic Expansion.  (Read 9162 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Galactic Expansion.
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:12:17 pm »

Spoiler: Back gound (click to show/hide)
TL;DR: humans (and other races) are in a alliance verses some bug guys.

A new warpgate has been found and a colony has been sent through to the unexplored and resource rich sector of space.

This game will be based upon exploring, and exploiting, a new section of space. Each player will represent a power, be that a guild, a mercenary company, part of the galactic government, part of the NUHF, ect... You will  go through and try to become the dominant fraction in this new sector of space.

What I need from you is the name of your fraction and what you do. The game will work a bit like Age of restoration, a bit like evo light, and a bit like tribes.

Any questions?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:52:16 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Expansion needs you.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 06:12:57 pm »

Known Space!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Planets! (click to show/hide)

The players!
Spoiler: Dragoons(thunderclan) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GDI(Phantom) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AIADF(Armok) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:51:08 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:13:58 pm »

Ze rules!
The main thing in this game is a D10 all rolls are made with it. A low roll is bad for the players A high roll is good. In most cases there are two rolls, one for success and one for magnitude.

But the rolls are not all! Major modifiers or even the ability to skip the first roll came from what you are using! If you attack a fleet with one ship you will lose... whether they kill you outright or just capture/shot down come from the second roll.

A major part of this game is building up your base of operations, weather a city kingdom or... base it is all about the building! And the money, see it takes Credits to build. Here is a list of current building in the game.
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

A lot of stuff is only defined when a person try's to do it.

This section is not done yet!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:29:38 pm by Criptfeind »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:38:40 pm »

Hmmm, I might join, but I've got a lot of games on my plate already...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:30 pm »

Here is the starting info by the way. I was going to give it out when people joined but I am to impatient.
Spoiler: Known space (click to show/hide)
C2- A class star system-Settled, one A class planet-Settled, one A class planet-Unexplored, one B-H class planet-Unexplored, One C-C class planet-Unexplored, One A class gas giant-Unexplored.

Resorces: Good soil, Plant life-normal, Water, Air, 2,000 population.
City: One level one city population 2,000
Scans detect metal ore. Other resources are probable.

So basically this is the starting area, dice rolls will determine much of what happens with actions.

Ex: Someone sends a crew with a ship to find metal in the hills two to the north of the city. They are non trained prospectors but there is Metal there (Iron to be precise) and they have good equipment, so pretty good plus to the action. I roll a high number so not only do they find plentiful iron but some platinum as well!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 08:48:53 pm »

Hmmmm.
I will join.
Faction name: Warriors of Great Lactosia
The Captain leads 5 fighters and 2 crew North and then Northwest, where they prospect for ore.
Three fighter pilots in three fighter ships and 3 pilots, 3 crew, and 5 fighters leave for the Yellow planet to explore.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:09:16 pm by Cheddarius »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »

Cool.

Name:

Goals:

I will assign your starting units. Than if some other join we can start.

Oh so you are going to edit so fast I look blind? I would like a bit more detale, remember you are not the people in that city, you are a fraction of the Galactic Confederacy, the NUHF or other. You do not start with city's (but you can build them) It seems that you are... a mercenary company? In that case you start with three small fighter ships, a small docking ship, three pilots, three fighter pilots, five crew men, Ten fighters, and a captain.

Spoiler: small fighter ships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: small docking ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:02:40 pm by Criptfeind »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:52:07 pm »

Edited my above post.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:02:53 pm »

Me too.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 09:09:21 pm »

And again.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 09:22:46 pm »

What are you doing with the small docking ship? is it prospecting, because if so than the fighter ships cant get to yellow planet "
Spoiler: small fighter ships (click to show/hide)
And if it goes with them with out the captain they will be at greatly reduced proficiency.

Also the captain is not a prospector, he add nothing to the fighters work to find ore. Also do you mean North and then Northwest or North and then Northeast?

By the way I forgot two things, you start with 200Cr (monetary units) and space is bigger than just thous 7 hexes, in fact the only ones that are explored are C2 and E2... and I will fix the map soon.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:11 pm »

The docking ship will be going to the yellow planet too. My fighters don't need a docking ship to walk two hexes, do they? (Also, yeah, N NE.)
The captain will go with the fleet, I guess.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 09:43:18 pm »

Scanning equipment? HaHa nooooo.... I will write up the turn now (and make the map for the yellow planet) Feel free to name the planets if you want, it is unexplored space.

My fighters don't need a docking ship to walk two hexes, do they?
Well it is a entire planet, but it is assumed they hitch a ride or something if you don't proved transportation.

One more thing what color do you want to be?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 09:50:13 pm »

This could be fun...

Faction Name: Dragoons

What we do: The Dragoons are a gathering of men and women who work to improve the lives of everyone through science and discovery.

If thats not enough info I can probably add more.  :)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »

^That works^
Do you want to be a research team or more like a laboratory guild thingy? Hint: research team is funner.

Also Cheddarius turn: The fighters hitch a ride on a land transport going north they go one hex north. The Transport moves the rest of the crew to the yellow planet they land with no problems and start exploring. They find the air is breathable and signs of water. They are in a desert.

Resources: Sand, Water (Probably), Air.
Other resources are probable.

When you dock on a planet can you say where you dock? I defaulted you to the middle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12