Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Galactic Expansion.  (Read 9180 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Expansion.
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2010, 09:36:24 pm »

Ask if they have found signs of the hostile race called the Duren, and if GDI still has many of it's forces on earth still.

Also: Ask them if they have logs on the strange lifeform/mineral called Tiberium.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2010, 09:44:24 pm »

THE GCCD IS SIMPLY THE BUREAUCRATIC ARM OF THE GALACTIC COUNSEL. YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY ENTITLED TO "TAKE OVER" ANYTHING. IF COLONISTS WANT TO LIVE IN YOUR TENEMENTS THEY ARE WELCOME TO. WE WILL COLONIZE KRULL WHEN THE PAPERS COME THOUGH.
I do believe we have a right to tame that which is untamed, to settle that which is unsettled.

What would I (The Duke) do to become 'governor' of this planet?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »

Ask if they have found signs of the hostile race called the Duren, and if GDI still has many of it's forces on earth still.

Also: Ask them if they have logs on the strange lifeform/mineral called Tiberium.
I would ask you two things.

One: please stop trying to inject things into the setting, I am okay with some things, like your GDI can just be a arm of the NUHF but things like Tiberium I would ask you to keep out.

Two: This is where the game takes place and you are not going back to earth or wherever the GDI is right now. (Note the GDI may come here but it is unlikely)

THE DUREN ARE THE ENEMY. THE GC HAS BEEN AT WAR WITH THEM FOR OVER 700 YEARS. THE NEAREST DUREN OUTPOST IS (BY HYPERGATE) TWO MONTHS AWAY OR (BY NORMAL SPACE TRAVEL) 178 YEARS AWAY.

TO BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF A PLANET YOU MUST BE APPOINTED BY THE RULING BODY OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM

This is not stopping you from doing what you want... for now... it will not stop you from "tame that which is untamed, to settle that which is unsettled." Although it may make you pay fees on some of that.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2010, 10:12:21 pm »

Fine, just head back to the settled planet.

Attempt to recruit people by putting an ad in the Newspaper and several other techniques.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »

>Who is the ruling body of this star system?

What kind of fee? More than the fee to build a town?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »

THE GCCD IS THE RULING BODY OF THIS STAR SYSTEM.

The fees would basically be buying the land that the GCCD technically owns.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2010, 10:25:09 pm »

Begin recording, log file 0003

Joseph Thorne speaking, Captain of the research ship NUHFS Tesla.

Today, much like yesterday, bore good news and bad news.

In the good news corner, Mac told me that he can begin work on the rovers with some spare parts he found in an equipment locker. As such, he said he could shave off a full cycle off of the repair time. He’s been working as busy as a bee on this problem. I like his initiative, I’m keeping an eye on him to see if he has any leadership qualities, on the off chance we get another ship anytime soon. The scans, however, have made up for the lack of rovers, though, as another possible metal deposit has been found. After much considering, I decided to send the scout to investigate it. Of course, the Tesla will continue orbital scans. If we can’t use the information, we can sell it to someone who can.

In other news, as it so happened, it turned out we found a construction team fairly desperate for a job. They slashed the price on their construction fee, rounding out to half the expected cost. I jumped at the offer, and they began working at once. It wasn’t long before we were holding the official christening of the base. After polling the crew, we decided to name the new settlement Northern Star. After the ceremony I asked the team if they were interested in building a mine for us as well. I would like to get production and export of the iron up and running as quickly as possible so we can fund a research lab.

On the other end of the spectrum, it took much less time than I thought for the GCCB. But I should have expected it, if there’s taxes to be had, those money grubbing beaurocratic blood suckers are never far behind. I had come here to get away from their piles of red tape and triplicate forms for everything from building much needed facilities to blowing one’s nose. But as it stands…maybe they’ll do something about those pirate reports I’ve been hearing. But just to establish official channels, I petitioned the GCCB to name the planet we have settled ‘Genesis’.  Also, see if there’s any permits needed to research the warp gate, just to get that official bit of crap out of the way.

End log file.
Joseph Thorne signing off.

((Actions: Send scout to explore potential ore deposit, build a mine at the iron deposit at Northern Star. Continue orbital scans. Petition the GCCB to name the green planet ‘genesis’. Find what it takes to research the warp gate.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »

THE NAME GENESIS IS A SUITABLE NAME. WE WILL RECORD IT NOW.
WARPGATE?

WARPGATE!
WARPGATES ARE STRICTLY OFF LIMITS TO OUTSIDE RESEARCHERS! THERE WILL BE NO RESEARCH ON THE WARPGATES FROM NON-GC RESEARCHERS!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2010, 10:43:53 pm »

If there’s taxes to be had, those money grubbing bureaucratic blood suckers are never far behind. piles of red tape and triplicate forms for everything from building much needed facilities to blowing one’s nose.
That is exactly them to a tee.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2010, 10:49:24 pm »

Hrm, GCCD, are their any other organizations like your own?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:04 pm »

Log file 0003 addendum

The one time I get a prompt, direct answer from the GCCB, it's this. This research monopoly the GC has is, in a word, ridiculous. This research is for the GC for crying in space, it would benefit them and provide them with a much needed edge against the Duren. Granted, through the NUHF, but hey, humans are part of the GC.

This will take time. And a little subtlety. But that's been moved into long range planning for now. But I'm beginning to agree with the Duchy of Kanralin on their stance concerning GCCB. I might meet with them later.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2010, 10:56:47 pm »

THAT IS QUITE A BROAD QUESTION, THERE ARE MANY ORGANIZATION IN THE GC AND MANY SUB ORGANIZATIONS IN EACH ORGANIZATION, THESE IN TURN HAVE MANY SUB-SUB ORGANIZATIONS. THESE SUB-SUB ORGANIZATIONS HAVE SUB-SUB-SUB ORGANIZATIONS. IT TENDS TO GO ON AND ON. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "LIKE YOUR OWN?"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »

God I forgot the name of the GCCB ignore the parts were I called them the GCCD, sorry. :-[

THE GCCB HAS GOTTEN REPORTS OF "PIRATE ACTIVITY" ANY PIRATE SHIP SHOT DOWN WILL PAY THE STANDARD BOUNTY.

The standard bounty is 5HCr times it threat rating. I will get cracking on turns now.

EDIT: Humm I need confirmation on some things first, turns will probably be tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:07:27 pm by Criptfeind »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2010, 11:19:07 pm »

GCCD, I am glad to report to you, I have shot down a Pirate Fighter down on Hoth, and there seems to be, a staging area for Pirating in a certain mountain cave complex. If you would like to, you may clear it out. If you do not, would you like me to take them out for you?

And as in "Organizations like your own" I mean organizations spanning the whole galaxy, the universe, or even the Multiverse. For example, GDI is simply a small group here while in the Sol Solar System it is one of the main military forces, while your group is obscenely large and powerful that it spans the entire galaxy.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:24:51 pm by Phantom »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2010, 11:22:53 pm »

What's the price of planet Krull?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12