Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 65

Author Topic: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)  (Read 128750 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2010, 03:52:39 am »

Just to note, I just lost a game with no automation because i couldnt find a single fuel supply point in my empire for my fleet....

oh my god...
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2010, 03:58:59 am »

Any chance of this coming on to steam or impulse?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2010, 04:02:58 am »

Just to note, I just lost a game with no automation because i couldnt find a single fuel supply point in my empire for my fleet....

oh my god...
Had you not set up any points at all?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2010, 04:30:47 am »

Guys, how the hell can I be 'out of memory' when I have 6GB RAM?!

Sigh...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2010, 04:34:24 am »

oh my god...

I had space ports that work as fueling points???? Until I took a fleet to them and then suddenly they didnt work...

Do they have limited amounts of fuel at space ports? I even went back to my home world with a large space port and it didnt refuel my fleet. (it refueled like 3 ships like 1/10th of their max and then stopped refuelling ships anymore)

Using the refuel fleet at nearest space port order.

How does all this refueling business work at space ports????

Then, I built a space resupply ship, and deployed it at a gas giant with caslon, hydrogen etc.... and told my fleet to refuel there, they went up to it, stopped and never went back to it to get fuel....

WHAT THE HELL?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:44:31 am by Journier »

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2010, 04:46:58 am »

Sigh...

This may sound silly, but do you have the second patch?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2010, 04:53:00 am »

Sigh...

there is a related post to his on tech support forum, a guy has 12 gb of ram? or 16 gb and he gets an out of memory error.

there is no solution currently. i dont think. look on tech support forum

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2010, 05:10:44 am »

oh my god...

I had space ports that work as fueling points???? Until I took a fleet to them and then suddenly they didnt work...

Do they have limited amounts of fuel at space ports? I even went back to my home world with a large space port and it didnt refuel my fleet. (it refueled like 3 ships like 1/10th of their max and then stopped refuelling ships anymore)

Then, I built a space resupply ship, and deployed it at a gas giant with caslon, hydrogen etc.... and told my fleet to refuel there, they went up to it, stopped and never went back to it to get fuel....

WHAT THE HELL?
Okay, well my next question is do your ships use fusion or fission reactors? And do you have a good supply of the gas these reactors use as fuel? Fusion uses hydrogen I believe and Fission uses some gas which starts with a c I think.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2010, 05:23:16 am »

oh my god...

WHAT THE HELL?
Okay, well my next question is do your ships use fusion or fission reactors? And do you have a good supply of the gas these reactors use as fuel? Fusion uses hydrogen I believe and Fission uses some gas which starts with a c I think.

yea well my space resupply base did I cant speak for the rest of my empire though.... i dont understand how to tell if private industries are dropping resources off at my bases.,

i just would like to know how the refueling at a space port works and at a resupply ship works, because it definately did not work in my last game.

If space ports let you buy fuel (Fuel that I assume they fill up from hydrogen/caslon they get from traders???)

why isnt there a fuel meter on the space port to show if its capable of fueling a ship or 20 ships? Also if a space port isnt capable of fueling ships why does my fleet keep trying to go there when i select neared fuel dock or whichever the order is :/

I can keep my economy balanced, I can handle AI attacks, I cant handle random fuel shortages  :'(

New player syndrome is what this is, This is really a confusing bit of the game for me
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:26:07 am by Journier »

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2010, 06:49:49 am »

Sigh...

there is a related post to his on tech support forum, a guy has 12 gb of ram? or 16 gb and he gets an out of memory error.

there is no solution currently. i dont think. look on tech support forum

It's a bug.  Also, 32 bit games can only use up to 4gb of ram, so it doesn't do any good to have more.  :(

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2010, 08:10:45 am »

Yea, just update. Also, save quite often(Once every 10-30 min.)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2010, 08:13:46 am »

I've been reading about the game's problems too much, and now I don't have the motivation to play it. :(

It's a bug.  Also, 32 bit games can only use up to 4gb of ram, so it doesn't do any good to have more.  :(

3 gigs, actually.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:50 am »

3 gigs, actually.
Wrong. You are conflating physical memory (which is not actually limited to 3GB, or even 4GB, on a 32-bit architecture--PAE increases it, but is used for other purposes on Windows XP) with virtual memory. Every process has its own 4GB address space.

As for this game: it looks interesting, it really does. But I've already bought a game with a raft of bugs this year, it's called STALKER. And for $40, I expect a game to be well-polished. Guess I'm waiting for it to hit $20 on Steam.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2010, 11:02:04 am »

I likes the looks of this game. For me the most important aspect of a strategy is the opposition AI. I like to feel like im locking horns with a great tactician, rather than just an efficient machine or a moron.

I keep an eye out for this in a indie bundle deal or summit
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2010, 12:43:23 pm »

Yes, I have the second patch, and the extra 2GB should handle all of Vista's junk, my large pagefile should be able to handle any extra junk (data on your disk can act like RAM, a-bit slower than RAM).

Well, guess I will have to start again for the third time. (second time I ran out of money :P)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 65