Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65

Author Topic: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)  (Read 128875 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)
« Reply #345 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

To mark the release of Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi we will be offering the expansion at $19.99 (digital) and $29.99 (physical) until January 4, 2011 – a discount of $5 off the regular price! This gives existing owners of Distant Worlds a chance to purchase at the bundle price.  Also, right now and throughout the duration of our holiday sale, Distant Worlds will remain at its discounted price of $26.99 (digital) and $36.99 (physical).  There has never been a better time to purchase Distant Worlds and the new Return of the Shakturi expansion!

After the holiday sale and discounted pricing ends, Distant Worlds will return to its price of $39.99 Download / $49.99 Physical and Return of the Shakturi will return to its normal price of $24.99, but will also be available for $19.99 if purchased together with Distant Worlds as a bundle.

From: http://www.matrixgames.com/news/752/Distant.Worlds.-.Return.of.the.Shakturi.Now.Available!

RotS is already at its bundle price of 19.99. Regular price for RotS is 24.99, regular DW price is 39.99. DW is currently on sale for 26.99, and as part of the release of RotS they are giving *everyone* the bundle price of 19.99 so that all their loyal fans that have already bought DW and were eagerly awaiting RotS will get the bundle discount too.

So its probably best to buy it now, as according to that the price is going to jump up to 39.99 for DW and 24.99 for RotS, or a bundle of the two for 59.98.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #346 on: December 28, 2010, 02:05:19 pm »

Well there you go then. It is entirely worth the money in my opinion.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 28, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »

Well... Godamn it, now I am going to spend more money. 
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 28, 2010, 04:36:41 pm »

Hey, can someone gift me the RotS download only expansion? I'll paypal you whatever you spent on it and a little more(4 bucks, if that makes any difference)As soon as Thursday rolls around. I'm getting payed $25 to replace a few(concrete) boards on a house and it should be easy.

Anyway, I've been having fun in my recent game. In roughly 4 years my empire has expanded and covers roughly 1/4 of the galaxy, and I'm starting to assimilate the smaller empires. I'm almost done with the Ketarov Empire/Enclave.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 28, 2010, 05:10:42 pm »

How many ships should be in my attack fleets?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2010, 05:20:44 pm »

How many ships should be in my attack fleets?
Depends entirely on your target, but I usually do 8-12 destroyers to a fleet along with 2 troop transports and a handful of frigates.

My destroyers are standoff platforms with fighter bays and long range missiles, and they sit back while the fighters and frigates mix it up.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 30, 2010, 11:38:52 pm »

Well I have to say this was worth the money.  I had an absolute blast, and I aint close to done with it yet.  The automation makes it so fun; you can play an entire game focused on one small aspect of it, letting the computer take care of all the rest.  Fun fun.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2010, 12:32:30 am »

Hmm. I'm considering purchasing this game while it's cheaper than usual. But I already have so many games to play! I'll think on it some more.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2010, 06:45:33 am »

After scouting some co-ordinates for the storyline on the other side of the galaxy, I found the world devastator thing at a nearby star. Then someone from a race I hadn't encountered before, presumably on the other side of the galaxy sent a constructor ship. These guys are already the biggest in the galaxy with 43 colonies, but fortunately I'm still the second best military out of 8 known races, the best being some ancient race that doesn't really count, seeing as they're benevolent and ancient and all. Hopefully these guys won't hate me.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2011, 03:51:11 pm »

1.501 is out. 02 in public beta seems to make colony invasion harder.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:47 pm »

Is there anyway to turn off the ancient tech? When I find it, it makes me way too overpowered.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 02, 2011, 03:29:50 pm »

They've said that they're working on a new expansion pack. Short post here.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 02, 2011, 05:28:05 pm »

I think the finding of ancient tech from a long gone super species, thus giving you godlike power is an homage to classic sci-fi. Gamebreaking as it may be, it seems as though it is their intention to keep it to inspire you to race to discover it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 02, 2011, 05:36:44 pm »

Surprising to see another expansion so soon, wonder if it will be a meaty one like the last?

I keep telling myself I will grab the game when they get some sort of bundle going that knocks some off....so broke...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2011, 08:43:57 pm »

kinda a double necro, but I have to ask here.  Anyone else have a glitch where a planets orbit takes it through a nebula storm, thus killing all the transports and orbitals that are near it?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65